1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Schefter today: growing sense Zeke short suspension **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by NorthwestDallas40, Jul 14, 2017.

1. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,164 Messages
    9,193 Likes Received
    Zeke has a right to appeal.

I have no idea why you assume there is no reason. No conviction is not the standard. Not any one of us knows what the league's investigation turned up, so claiming it is "for nothing" is just magical thinking.

2. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,724 Messages
    12,215 Likes Received
    I heard Mara and DB Cooper have been setting up Zeke for the past year specifically for the first game against the Giants since he destroyed them in the first two games.

In the meantime Jerry, Blandino, and Santa Claus have already discussed when and which penalties to call against the Giants to counter the suspension.

3. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Well-Known Member

1,905 Messages
    2,649 Likes Received
    Correct me if I am wrong, but for domestic violence, isn't the suspension a mandatory 6 games minimum? If it's for failed drug test, a four game suspension handed down after the 2nd or 3rd failed test?

Nova and ActualCowboysFan like this.
  4. zack

zack Well-Known Member

3,258 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Yes, so why did Josh Brown get one game....RIGGED...

Dhragon likes this.
  5. revospeed

revospeed Well-Known Member

3,449 Messages
    3,267 Likes Received
    It's taking the league's investigatory team a year to look over a police report and interview five people. Seems like an efficient squad that I want conducting investigations that determine a person's livelihood.

6. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

18,196 Messages
    16,456 Likes Received
    You are trying to state the NFL has more on this than the actual authorities do.

Again, like I asked others, point out EXACTLY what you think the NFL has. Until then, the NFL has no grounds to suspend from everything we know, from the evidence of her lying, to the authorities finding nothing.

So, please point it out. Also, understand how the league works in this regard before hopping in.

ConstantReboot and revospeed like this.
  7. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

2,787 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    How liquored up is Goodell finally going have to get to announce his decision?

This isn't the OJ case with mounds of physical evidence to pore through. There is only so much "investigation" one can do. LE already did the heavy lifting.

If Zeke appeals, a suspension wouldn't necessarily include game one, right? If the appeal is handled like this, could be next season. Maybe into his second contract...

8. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,812 Messages
    41,666 Likes Received
    They make it up as they go along.

AmericasTeam81 and Dhragon like this.
  9. mattjames2010

18,196 Messages
    16,456 Likes Received
    Since we have to go through this again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Witnesses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I will ask the folks here again, that are just so deadset on there being some dark secret that alluded the authorities but the Sherlock Holmes of the NFL dug up some dirt and found a skeleton - WHAT would he be suspended for? Chilling with his friends and a girl showing up and causing a scene?

Unless the NFL somehow managed to find something outside of these reports that violates the leagues personal conduct, there is nothing to suspend Zeke for. It would be a waste for the NFL to do and Zeke would win an appeal easily.

10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

13,615 Messages
    8,633 Likes Received
    Wow. I wasn't aware of thsee texts. So one would have to think the there would have to be some pretty concrete evidence against Zeke if anyone is going to believe a thing this woman says concerning Zeke and possible DV.

11. mattjames2010

18,196 Messages
    16,456 Likes Received
    Not to mention, she also posted on her Instagram showing her cuts and bruises

[​IMG]

But this did not happen with Zeke, this happened when she got into a fight with a girl at a club.

12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

16,571 Messages
    4,770 Likes Received
    Remember he swore up and down there was video footage of Dez dog walking a chick in a Walmart parking lot.

13. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

9,688 Messages
    13,251 Likes Received
    Lets ask @aria since he seems to believe there is something there.

14. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

1,514 Messages
    2,159 Likes Received
    This is it, case closed. It's crazy how just one lie can have such severe consequences. And of course, nothing will happen to her for lying. She's just mad she didn't get the free ride she was hoping to get.

ConstantReboot likes this.
  15. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

1,514 Messages
    2,159 Likes Received
    I feel so sorry for actual women that have gone through abuse/domestic violence. There needs to be some sort of punishment for people that lie like this. For example, fake cancer survivors.

16. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,638 Messages
    7,527 Likes Received
    So stupid, was he even convicted of anything? How can the NFL be above the law?

ShortRound131 and Boyzmamacita like this.
  17. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Benched

3,669 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    Because feminism means finding anything and everything to complain about. They would make better use of their time making me sandwiches.

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  18. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

9,698 Messages
    5,077 Likes Received
    Lawyer up. time to get lace them up and take on the NFL

ShortRound131 likes this.
  19. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

13,388 Messages
    44,205 Likes Received
    this is straight bull****

Boyzmamacita likes this.
  20. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,901 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    If Zeke does get suspended coincidentally for just the Giants game, you will never get me to believe there is NOT a conspiracy involved.

Others on here can try and appear rational and claim no such thing as a conspiracy, but in my mind at least, there sure is such. Jerry may be a powerful owner, but Mara controls Goodell so big whoop for us. We still get screwed.

Still not ready to give up on NFL even if Mara gets Zeke that 1 game suspension but dang if my belief it has any integrity at all will nosedive. Hopefully this report is proven false or we at least get real evidence validating such suspension which will allow me to forget about it and continue to enjoy the game fully.

RJ_MacReady, zack and ShortRound131 like this.