Schefter: Zack Martin Unhappy with Contract; Considering Not Reporting to Camp

blueblood70

Reaction score
So is Martin money hungry and selfish for doing this right now right before camp like people suggested Zeke was?
I'm definitely not saying that however there's a huge difference between a player waiting on his first big contract as a running back knowing the running back situation that's going on right now zika had an inclination and some forethought with his agent to do that because look at now he got cut look at all the running backs being cut look at all the running backs not being paid this is completely different because I believe Zach Martin's probably on his third contract he's been restructured many times he's coming towards the end of his career that was zeke's first and only opportunity to get paid so we cannot use that as an example it's a poor example bro..

I'm sure you can find a better example but I already said it above I'm not going to keep rambling on that is not a good comparison zeke was smart to do that 100% saw what was coming and knew if he didn't do that at the time that the state of the running back situation I mean it's almost like he knew it was coming his agent knew it you could look around the league that is not the case with Zach Martin.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, they couldn't pull a Tyron Smith with his contract.

Just pay the man for god's sake
first of all he signed multiple contracts he's already been paid multiple times I'm not saying he shouldn't get restructured or get a little bit more money the threatening holdouts and acting like the man's broke or something acting like we should acquiesce to every single demand you know out of control that would be if that's how businesses work where contracts don't matter anymore... He's truly been a great player but he's also been part of what this fan base says it's been a 30 year run of disappointments I mean everyone wants to get paid for sure but there's a salary cap to worry about and a whole bunch of young players to pay coming up you can't just allow people to threaten and then break down and pay them..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Quite.

When you pay elite for average elsewhere this is what happens.
This has nothing to do with what you paid everyone else’s this has to do with Martin signing a long term deal and not liking inferior guards getting paid more then him.

Swagger

Reaction score
Easier to profit you know that's absurd right every team has the same salary cap and the same budget to work under has nothing to do with profits you literally have to spend that money anyway how they allocate it to 60 players is the challenge and if you don't understand business and what a contract is and what a hard salary cap is please don't talk to me anymore.... If you acquiesce to every player's demands you're gonna have an out of control system and it cannot be out of control This is why you have contracts. No one's saying the man isn't gonna get a little bit more money I'm telling you threatening holdouts it's not the way to go about it when you committed with your signature on the bottom of a contract.
Oh and saying that we're gonna be significantly worse it might be true but also all these players that teams have played here all these Max contracts and these giant contracts these restructured contracts and still doesn't this place say it's been what 27 to 30 years since we've done anything significant I mean they're saying get rid of Prescott because I guess we don't need a top ten quarterback because he hasn't won anything well this is Zach Martin park of that same roster that hasn't done anything recently? How about we go win a Super Bowl and then we can have these players get their lifetime achievement awards through a larger contract..
Zack Martin doesn't have the ball in his hands on every offensive play...

Future Hall of Famer.
6 x 1st team All Pro
2 x 2nd team All Pro
8 x Pro Bowl

He's still playing at an elite level.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This implies he's been unhappy for a while. Don't blame him one bit, he is arguably the guard in the league. Stephen should have already taken care of this but now his future HOF is ticked off. It's a curve ball we didn't see coming. Wonder if his restructuring will cost up a starting player ( Gallup maybe )

John813

Reaction score
This implies he's been unhappy for a while. Don't blame him one bit, he is arguably the guard in the league. Stephen should have already taken care of this but now his future HOF is ticked off. It's a curve ball we didn't see coming. Wonder if his restructuring will cost up a starting player ( Gallup maybe )

Gallup deal was restructured this offseason so his deal is peanuts for 2023.

This is probably why Dallas created so much cap space entering camp by restructuring/cutting Zeke post June 1.

Swagger

Reaction score
first of all he signed multiple contracts he's already been paid multiple times I'm not saying he shouldn't get restructured or get a little bit more money the threatening holdouts and acting like the man's broke or something acting like we should acquiesce to every single demand you know out of control that would be if that's how businesses work where contracts don't matter anymore... He's truly been a great player but he's also been part of what this fan base says it's been a 30 year run of disappointments I mean everyone wants to get paid for sure but there's a salary cap to worry about and a whole bunch of young players to pay coming up you can't just allow people to threaten and then break down and pay them..
What more would you expect from him playing at Guard?

Does being a future Hall of Famer with 6 First Team All Pro and 2 Second Team All Pros not quite cut it for you?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For the love of Jesus, please don't let Z. Martin get away!! Pay the man!! :omg:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry, pay your man as you did a lingering Tyron Smith!

He is needed up front for camp. Starting out with two Pro Bowl players at guard looks very inviting with this set of running backs.

He may be cutting back on camp time at this point, and Jerry may need the extra cap with a rewrite of contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gallup deal was restructured this offseason so his deal is peanuts for 2023.

This is probably why Dallas created so much cap space entering camp by restructuring/cutting Zeke post June 1.
Yep….we complained about them
Not spending money and they seem to have planned for this.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
They'll get it done. When it's guys they trust, they always get it done quickly. See Romo, Witten, Tyron, Zach in the past, Tyron, Lee, etc