Schools may ban chocolate milk

Doomsday101

Reaction score
baj1dallas;3947741 said:
Not all sugar is equally bad (in terms of what food it is in). I think there are a lot worse things than chocolate milk, but to be honest it would probably be healthier if it was regular, not low fat milk. If it's part of a meal that contains protein and vegetables, chocolate milk isn't going to make highly active kids fat.

I thought one of the people in the clip I posted brought up a good point that it is hard to get some kids to drink white milk chocolate milk gives them the same benifet as reg milk.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Another thing is school lunches in general are pretty gross and terrible nutritionally speaking. I remember the stuff we had was so full of sodium and disgusting. The cooks try their best but when the absolute worse food you can serve is the cheapest then what can you do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chip_gilkey;3947762 said:
Another thing is school lunches in general are pretty gross and terrible nutritionally speaking. I remember the stuff we had was so full of sodium and disgusting. The cooks try their best but when the absolute worse food you can serve is the cheapest then what can you do.

Which is why when I got to High School I left school to have lunch at home or a friends home.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
burmafrd;3947257 said:
If you happen to drive past an elementary school during recess; stop and count the number of fat pre teens you see. You will find it is about one third to one half of any class. Sounds like an epidemic to me.
Most of us don't slow down and look closely at the elementary school children when we pass a school.:eek:
J/K burmafrd.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
LeonDixson;3947785 said:
Most of us don't slow down and look closely at the elementary school children when we pass a school.:eek:
J/K burmafrd.

haha. nice

But honestly, yes our Country is getting fat. It is easy to see. Yes, BMI is a poor measure of obesity, but most kids dont have large amounts of muscle mass, so I assume it is accurate in ages below 16 or so.

They have also started doing "Healthy American Tests," which are more in depth and telling.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3947661 said:
[youtube]RjKFlusW-Xc[/youtube]

I raise my hand for chocolate milk :D

It's not my hand that raises for Rebecca :laugh2:

hairic

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3947730 said:
Fat people are gross

Actually, they're probably tastier than skinny people. You have to consider man-eating animals in your assessment, you know.

Reaction score
Obesity raises the risks dramatically for diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and even cancer. There's no denying that. Period. End of story.

If you don't think there's a massive problem with obesity in the U.S., you're just being ignorant. Over 60% of the nation is obese. The ugly truth is people just don't give a **** about living and what they do to their bodies. To them, it's I eat what I want, never exercise, and forget the consequences.

Mostly it's just ignorance. People don't even know they're at risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. That's why many companies now require biometric screenings for employees who want group coverage. People need to be aware of their risks.

In fact, there's a south african company named Discovery that has a program called Vitality, where you basically get rewards for doing screenings, getting your kids vaccinated, etc., and they did a 5 year study showing that health care costs for people that participated rose only about 11% compared to 47% for people who didn't participate. I guess we just have to put incentives on being healthy for people, since not dying at 50 isn't good enough for them. :laugh1:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Joshmvii;3947876 said:
Obesity raises the risks dramatically for diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and even cancer. There's no denying that. Period. End of story.

If you don't think there's a massive problem with obesity in the U.S., you're just being ignorant. Over 60% of the nation is obese. The ugly truth is people just don't give a **** about living and what they do to their bodies. To them, it's I eat what I want, never exercise, and forget the consequences.

Mostly it's just ignorance. People don't even know they're at risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. That's why many companies now require biometric screenings for employees who want group coverage. People need to be aware of their risks.

In fact, there's a south african company named Discovery that has a program called Vitality, where you basically get rewards for doing screenings, getting your kids vaccinated, etc., and they did a 5 year study showing that health care costs for people that participated rose only about 11% compared to 47% for people who didn't participate. I guess we just have to put incentives on being healthy for people, since not dying at 50 isn't good enough for them. :laugh1:
What a stupid, ignorant statement.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
How arrogant of some people to tell others what to eat and drink.
Think about it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
MetalHead;3947899 said:
Think about it.

What do you think about that report...I'm not sure where it was, but they are making cheese from breast milk....!
:eek:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
theogt;3947165 said:
Childhood obesity epidemic? What a crock.

Says the person who thinks Christina Aguilera has the "best voice ever" and you can stop worrying about the nuclear plant in Japan.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy camper.:)

No childhood obesity epidemic? You must be blind not to see how disgustingly fat children are becoming. Christina Aguilera best voice ever? You must be deaf. Then again, maybe it is not your eyes and ears but the thing that processes the info from them, as evidenced by your Japanese nuclear plant comment.

CoCo

Reaction score
Does anyone ask questions anymore? It can actually expand understanding. You know, learn something. No time I guess. Got to declare oneself as all knowledgeable.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
MetalHead;3947899 said:
Think about it.

Stupid nutritionist and doctors, just bringing you down.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Here are some maps of % of the population that is obese.

map12.jpg

map16.jpg

map20.jpg

map25.jpg

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3948003 said:

Considering what they're calling obese, I think we can pretty much call BS on that. I'm considered obese by their standards and I can tell you, while I have a gut, I'm not even fat. Charts and proclamations really shouldn't be enough to simply propagate a thing as evidence.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
MonsterD;3947958 said:
Stupid nutritionist and doctors, just bringing you down.

I eat what I want.
I drink what I want.
My choice....I repeat,MY CHOICE.
Eating a tub of butter may hurt me,but it is my personal choice.I decide,not someone else.Will it be wise to eat a tub of butter?
No it is not.Common sense tells me it is not.There is some thought involved in freedom,not dictated orders from those who decided to tell everyone else how to live.I live full,you barely exist.
So screw the nutritionist,and the doctor....3 times.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3948003 said:

BS.
Even military standards are flawed.
I was considered "overweight" so I had to take the tape test because of my height(5'8") 183 lbs was overweight.
But PT test comes and I score way above average(270).
Maxed sit ups,and scored well above average in the 2 mile run and push ups.
But I was overweight....Not buying it.
None of those stats depicts muscle mass,none.
Muscle is heavier than fat,FACT.