Schools may ban chocolate milk

RobK26

Reaction score
Hmmm, perhaps it's not just the chocolate milk. Perhaps there are other factors, like the parents, the economy, and making healthy choices....

Never mind, it's probably the chocolate milk :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Milk got moderated and moved to the obese zone.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
vta;3948039 said:
Considering what they're calling obese, I think we can pretty much call BS on that. I'm considered obese by their standards and I can tell you, while I have a gut, I'm not even fat. Charts and proclamations really shouldn't be enough to simply propagate a thing as evidence.

The definition of obese hasn't changed.

There's no denying that the US is becoming fatter.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CATCH17;3947182 said:
I think they should actually seek the advice of a legit nutritionist before doing something incredibly stupid.

Going over your calorie maintenance can be caused by any food. If you go over your calories and don't get enough exercise than youll be fat.

It doesn't matter if your calories come from a Snickers candy bar or apples. Too many calories is too many calories.

The funny thing is that athletic departments are encouraging drinking chocolate milk after workouts if you can't afford "Muscle Milk"...

So one department has documented proof on the benefits of chocolate milk while another thinks it's got too much sugar...

I really hate what our schools have become... it's maddening...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MetalHead;3948058 said:
BS.
Even military standards are flawed.
I was considered "overweight" so I had to take the tape test because of my height(5'8") 183 lbs was overweight.
But PT test comes and I score way above average(270).
Maxed sit ups,and scored well above average in the 2 mile run and push ups.
But I was overweight....Not buying it.
None of those stats depicts muscle mass,none.
Muscle is heavier than fat,FACT.
Oh. My. God. You're such a fatty!!! We should have the government FIX YOU!

locked&loaded

Reaction score
trickblue;3948074 said:
The funny thing is that athletic departments are encouraging drinking chocolate milk after workouts if you can't afford "Muscle Milk"...

So one department has documented proof on the benefits of chocolate milk while another thinks it's got too much sugar...

I really hate what our schools have become... it's maddening...

I imagine recovering from a workout and eating lunch with chocolate milk after sitting in class all day is different...

locked&loaded

Reaction score
MetalHead;3948052 said:
I eat what I want.
I drink what I want.
My choice....I repeat,MY CHOICE.
Eating a tub of butter may hurt me,but it is my personal choice.I decide,not someone else.Will it be wise to eat a tub of butter?
No it is not.Common sense tells me it is not.There is some thought involved in freedom,not dictated orders from those who decided to tell everyone else how to live.I live full,you barely exist.
So screw the nutritionist,and the doctor....3 times.

As long as you pay for your own health insurance, go ahead... fatty

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The best thing about this website is being able to put the mouth breathing dip****s on ignore. Some of the people that post here honestly appear to have a sub-80 IQ.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
theogt;3948117 said:
The best thing about this website is being able to put the mouth breathing dip****s on ignore. Some of the people that post here honestly appear to have a sub-80 IQ.

It is my contention that people that put people on ignore, are little wussy girls.

"Oh my it is so dark in my parents basement. Wait a second, someone disagrees with my on the Internet! Ill ignore him, that will show him."

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3948069 said:
The definition of obese hasn't changed.

There's no denying that the US is becoming fatter.

Hasn't changed since when? The CDC uses the same BMI ratio and frankly it's full ****. I'm far from obese, I'm not even fat. I'd wager anyone here go use a BMI calculator will find it the same. If I weighed what they suggest I'd be skeletal. I haven't weighed what they suggest since I was a kid. An exceedingly scrawny kid.

Call something an epidemic and there exists an excuse to create more restrictions for people. I'm not denying our wealthy country doesn't have a lot of fat people, of course it does, but let's not overstate it and act like we're witnessing a scene from Wall-E. If there's anything epidemic it's wide spread gullibility

Temo

Reaction score
bbgun;3947594 said:
This board sure is rife with amateur nutritionists and statisticians.

I'm a professional statistician, yet have no opinion on this thread. Cookie?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MetalHead;3948058 said:
BS.
Even military standards are flawed.
I was considered "overweight" so I had to take the tape test because of my height(5'8") 183 lbs was overweight.
But PT test comes and I score way above average(270).
Maxed sit ups,and scored well above average in the 2 mile run and push ups.
But I was overweight....Not buying it.
None of those stats depicts muscle mass,none.
Muscle is heavier than fat,FACT.
So your contention is that the country's population has been undergoing a dramatic increase in muscle mass over the last couple decades? It's an interesting theory, I'll give you that.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Who thinks the BMI charts are a good, accurate indication of one's health?

Don't insurance companies base their coverage and rates based on the BMI charts?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
joseephuss;3948368 said:
Who thinks the BMI charts are a good, accurate indication of one's health?

Don't insurance companies base their coverage and rates based on the BMI charts?
Insurance companies may do so, I don't know. But that would make sense because it's probably the ONLY proxy they have for obesity. Some proxy may be better than no proxy, even if the proxy is far from perfect.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
You know what irritated me?

That Chocolate Milk cost 3 cents compared to 2 cents for Regular Milk when I was in Elementary School.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3948450 said:

That Chocolate Milk cost 3 cents compared to 2 cents for Regular Milk when I was in Elementary School.

3 cents eh? Damn you must be old. :laugh2:

Hell, it was .25 cents when i was in elementary school. I think it's only .55 cents for my kids.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
nyc;3948454 said:
3 cents eh? Damn you must be old. :laugh2:

Hell, it was .25 cents when i was in elementary school. I think it's only .55 cents for my kids.

I'm 45 and 3 cents was a rip!

:D

joseephuss

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3948450 said:

We didn't have chocolate milk as an option at my elementary schools. I would bring Nesquik powdered chocolate mix wrapped in foil paper(we didn't have ziploc bags in my day) and make my own chocolate milk.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
joseephuss;3948460 said:
We didn't have chocolate milk as an option at my elementary schools. I would bring Nesquik powdered chocolate mix wrapped in foil paper(we didn't have ziploc bags in my day) and make my own chocolate milk.

WTH?!

That blows...on the other hand your school was obviously ahead of it's time.

:D