Schools may ban chocolate milk

Reaction score
MetalHead;3948994 said:
:laugh2:
How old are you?

Go ahead and try to refute a single point I made.

And I'm not going to cite research that everybody already knows is true. Chronic illnesses caused by obesity are why our healthcare costs are as high as they are. Go read the CEO of Humana tell Fortune magazine that very thing if you're interested, which is why Humana just bought into Discovery Vitality to provide wellness incentives to all their members, to try to motivate people to get less fat.

Protip: The CEO of a fortune 500 insurance company knows more about this than you do.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
theogt;3949015 said:
Actually, nothing in the articles backs up the claim. It appears he only read the headline and not the article. Maybe he could do some more googling.

LOL, what?

Nothing supports that obesity in America has lead to rising health costs?

"The United States spends twice as much as European countries on health care," noted lead researcher Kenneth Thorpe, chairman of the department of health policy and management at Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health in Atlanta. "Seventy-five percent of what we spend in this country is associated with patients that have one or more chronic conditions and most of the growth is due to obesity."

I could find more, but I am sure I would just be wasting my team. Nothing short of me reading the article to you, trying to pound it into your fat skull, would do the trick.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
locked&loaded;3949107 said:
LOL, what?

Nothing supports that obesity in America has lead to rising health costs?

"The United States spends twice as much as European countries on health care," noted lead researcher Kenneth Thorpe, chairman of the department of health policy and management at Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health in Atlanta. "Seventy-five percent of what we spend in this country is associated with patients that have one or more chronic conditions and most of the growth is due to obesity."

I could find more, but I am sure I would just be wasting my team. Nothing short of me reading the article to you, trying to pound it into your fat skull, would do the trick.
Show me the study or shut up.

You can't so just shut up.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Did anyone else know that the best chocolate milk is the kind that's premixed in the regular plastic milk jugs?? SO DELICIOUS.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
theogt;3949139 said:
Show me the study or shut up.

You can't so just shut up.

What? You think they are writing an article on a fake study? Did you read the article or the paragraph I posted?

Anything else bro?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
locked&loaded;3949156 said:
What? You think they are writing an article on a fake study? Did you read the article or the paragraph I posted?

Anything else bro?

The fact that we spend twice as much doesn't mean anything.

You know how Canada bases their Rx drug pricing? They look at the average from like 7 European countries to set the price and that price may not be anything close to what we pay in the US. Pure expenses isn't the route to go.

I agree that obesity leads to chronic illness and chronic illness costs more but just looking at the costs alone doesn't include many factors that need to be included.

Of course the US pays more. We don't have government controls keeping the prices down. Should we?.........well that's a whole different argument.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
casmith07;3949143 said:
Did anyone else know that the best chocolate milk is the kind that's premixed in the regular plastic milk jugs?? SO DELICIOUS.

Careful you don't get put on the fat boy list lol :p:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Joshmvii;3949100 said:
Go ahead and try to refute a single point I made.

And I'm not going to cite research that everybody already knows is true. Chronic illnesses caused by obesity are why our healthcare costs are as high as they are. Go read the CEO of Humana tell Fortune magazine that very thing if you're interested, which is why Humana just bought into Discovery Vitality to provide wellness incentives to all their members, to try to motivate people to get less fat.

Protip: The CEO of a fortune 500 insurance company knows more about this than you do.

We’ll try exercise instead of telling people what they may have or not eat. Personal responsibility

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ConcordCowboy;3949330 said:
VIVA Chocolate Milk!
I stopped at the grocery yesterday and got some in honor of this thread. It tasted soooooo good. Then I did 90 minutes of cardio to burn off the fat.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Look who's keeping a low profile.

2011_1_30valentinescake05_rect540.jpg

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3949336 said:
I stopped at the grocery yesterday and got some in honor of this thread. It tasted soooooo good. Then I did 90 minutes of cardio to burn off the fat.

God Bless America!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
peplaw06;3949361 said:
200 calories per serving... but how many servings are in that massive bottle? That's right. 8. Fatty.

DIE STRAWBERRY MILK!!!

This is what happens...

1073550_417a_625x1000.jpg

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3949169 said:
Would it even be possible to conduct such a study?
I don't know, but I've yet to see one. I'll leave finding one to the people who claim it's an obvious fact that everyone should blindly accept.

visionary

Reaction score
you guys crack me up

i am all for chocolate milk (in fact i make sure my son drinks it daily) but the fact is that diseases related to obesity and smoking are responsible for the bulk of our health care costs in this country and are by far the most common cause of preventable deaths in the US and obesity is the new epidemic in the US

that is not a matter of debate but an undeniable fact and closing our eyes and ears to this fact will not make it go away

as an example: there is a reason we used to divide diabetes into type I (childhood onset-related to a lack of insulin) and type II (adult onset-related to insulin resistance from obesity) and now we dont call it "adult onset" anymore

because our kids are now so obese, they have adult onset diabetes in childhood

Doomsday101

Reaction score
visionary;3949425 said:
you guys crack me up

i am all for chocolate milk (in fact i make sure my son drinks it daily) but the fact is that diseases related to obesity and smoking are responsible for the bulk of our health care costs in this country and are by far the most common cause of preventable deaths in the US and obesity is the new epidemic in the US

that is not a matter of debate but an undeniable fact and closing our eyes and ears to this fact will not make it go away

as an example: there is a reason we used to divide diabetes into type I (childhood onset-related to a lack of insulin) and type II (adult onset-related to insulin resistance from obesity) and now we dont call it "adult onset" anymore

because our kids are now so obese, they have adult onset diabetes in childhood

I have no issue with what foods schools offer to kids I do take issue with schools not allowing lunches being brought to school that do not meet their approval. Parents should not have to ask premisson from schools on what they feed their kids.