Schoonmaker dealing with plantar fasciitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane612

Reaction score
I sometimes deal with PF after playing golf.
Professional athletes are such delicate flowers.

shabazz

Reaction score
I had it and yea it’s not universal by any means but I quit running entirely for 12 weeks and it went away for me
It can be a very stubborn thing to treat but these athletes are surely getting the most aggressive treatment possible. Took me 3 months to get over it with just basic physical therapy so id be surprised if they don’t get Schoonmaker right again a lot sooner.

Rayman70

Reaction score
many times it requires surgery to release the inflammation. Then the other way is to let it heal on its own but that can take a year. In that case what athletes do is they get injections to numb it so they can play with it. It shouldn't hinder him if he does that. But in the offseason next year he might need to have surgery to fix it. I don't think it will set him back much.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
many times it requires surgery to release the inflammation. Then the other way is to let it heal on its own but that can take a year. In that case what athletes do is they get injections to numb it so they can play with it. It shouldn't hinder him if he does that. But in the offseason next year he might need to have surgery to fix it. I don't think it will set him back much.
It's more than likely he has a fascia strain which will be fine in another week or two. The team said it's a minor injury.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Redshirt incoming...
This is one of those lingering injuries but its largerly a pain tolerence play and of course what type it is and to what degree. We don't really know much other than him having it. It could be something that goes away with a few weeks rest and be better by training camp or if it's more severe may take months fully heal. If he's out participating very likely it's more of the minor variety.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Worse case scenario he can swap the cleats out for a pair of Crocs.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My concern is that he will already be 25. He was in high school 5 years (injury) and then spent 5 years in college. A lot of these guys max out by a certain age. Being a rookie at 25 and then redshirting a year doesn’t bode well.
I'm trying to be more positive with the team, but would be lying if I said I don't agree with the outlook. You take starters in the first 2 rounds and we went w/an unknown (production wise) who's already at their peak physically. Usually you want that player to start and contribute on day 1.

Is what is though.

Motorola

Reaction score
Wait did this just flare up or did we miss this?
One common circumstance that results in a person getting plantar fasciitis is overuse due to increased exercise \ workouts over a short period of time.
• Exhibit A - a runner/jogger that participates in 5k races, who decides to step up to do 10k events. The person increases the training regimen too quickly in terms of volume and frequency, resulting in a strain on the feet.

• Exhibit B - college football players that ramp up their training routine to test well in the NFL Combine, along with their Pro Day showcase.

In both scenarios, the body, i.e. feet, are subjected to too much intensity and stress over a short period of time...which often results in plantar fasciitis occuring.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
The old guy pick that majority hated and a massive reach is going to miss time. A redshirt year at 25 is great ;)

This just means O’Cyrus Torrence will be first team All Pro this season
Torrence was the pick. Always was. Insert rueage

Status
Not open for further replies.