Schoonmaker dealing with plantar fasciitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have it in my right foot. It is a pain management issue, fairly easily dealt with… but he’s huge and in an occupation that is physically unforgiving. It’s not going to stop him. I’ll be 68 in a couple of months and just hiked nine miles in and out to Lexington Arch in Great Basin National Park. No pain in my foot. (Everything else hurts). I wouldn’t bet against him. I’ll bet he’s a very effective tight end.
So is it an issue you never know when the pain will be there?
If you had the slightest pain at all, feeling it would flair up, would have you made that hike?
Is the pain there all the time, just different levels?
I have not read anything about it yet. I have a friend who has it, but he doesn't say much about it. He is mid 60's.

I guess what I am saying or asking. Can he feel fine all week, great practice, then come game day, he is in pain and can't play?

I know a lot about those type of pains. Feel great one day, the next 3 days my feet and ankles are painful. I can walk, but there is pain, other days I can barely walk at all.
I get steroid injections in my ankles every 3 to 5 months which helps. But it does not take away all the pain all the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Booger and Chuckles not only opened their hillbilly traps and let Philly know that they wanted Goedert, but they did THE SAME EXACT THING five (5) years later and let Buffalo CLOWN THEM as well....you can't make this BS up folks!!!!!
Two biggest myths over the years is Cowboys were drafting Goedert and they were drafting Kincaid. They have a lot of flaws but that’s not even their MO to draft those guys. Especially in later rounds.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Watching the Company minions here try and spin this is so funny.

It is not just a pain management issue; there are problems beyond that.

IF it is true he had this at Michigan then drafting him was beyond stupid. Especially in the 2nd. Drafting those with a prior injury history with something like this which CAN linger for a career is just plain dumb.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
That’s a tough injury, he has to rest it at least a few months. He’ll probably be out until game one and need a month to get back in shape. I think the panic is more about using the 2nd round pick on a TE.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That’s a tough injury, he has to rest it at least a few months. He’ll probably be out until game one and need a month to get back in shape. I think the panic is more about using the 2nd round pick on a TE.
Media has been told they aren't concerned, it's temporary which makes me assume that it's only a fascia strain which is a 2-3 week thing. Googling I haven't found anything showing he had it at Michigan.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Luke Schoonmaker was seen this week in a walking boot as he deals with minor inflammation in his foot, but the Cowboys are not concerned and the rookie second-round pick did participate off to the side of OTAs doing catch drills with the coaching staff.

dallascowboys.com/news/updates-may-2023

rags747

Reaction score
Media has been told they aren't concerned, it's temporary which makes me assume that it's only a fascia strain which is a 2-3 week thing. Googling I haven't found anything showing he had it at Michigan.
I may have misspoke. I did read somewhere about a month or so ago that he was having a foot issue of some kind and now we just see further confirmation of this.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I may have misspoke. I did read somewhere about a month or so ago that he was having a foot issue of some kind and now we just see further confirmation of this.
He injured it in the last OTA (last week).

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Let's put some things in context here.

He doesn't have a torn ACL.

Players have played with plantar fasciitis for a whole season.

I remember when TIm Duncan....a professional NBA PLAYER played with it for 93 games.

Amari Cooper played with it in 2019.

I'm not sure how effective he will be I predicted Ferguson would be our #1 and do a damn good job at it.

I wasn't for the Schoon pick but I do trust this office when it comes to picking talent.

But a lot of people want to be validated because they never wanted him. So this is a quick way to say "I told you so...".

But in the scheme of things...plantar fasciitis will be painful for him but he can play on it.
It'll depend on the extent of the damage, as well as the frequency of recurrence. He has some of the best sports docs in the world taking care of him, so that's a huge plus. I will say though that when I had it, severity of pain ranged from minor annoyance to being unable to put any weight on it...under the guidance of Air Force docs, mind you. It isn't necessarily a severe injury, but the likelihood of him missing games and being less effective goes up substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies.