Schoonmaker out of OTAs with hamstring injury

exciter

Reaction score
This isn’t his first injury. He was dealing with planter fasciitis during camp last year and underwent should surgery. He showed nothing last year and is looking injury prone. This guy has bust written all over him. Just a waste of a second pick.
Good thing Michael Irvin was drafted in the 80’s eh!
Could you imagine the bed wetting post inundating the board here if his first 3 seasons production happened today!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol this pick gets worse and worse. And remember folks he's a year older than Ferguson.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
More time for others to be able to showcase what they can do! Bye Luke
That's what I'd be concerned about if I were Schoon, there's other TEs to choose from not spending every spring on the injured list.
Shoulder surgery, hamstring, foot injury? C'mon Schoon.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This isn’t his first injury. He was dealing with planter fasciitis during camp last year and underwent should surgery. He showed nothing last year and is looking injury prone. This guy has bust written all over him. Just a waste of a second pick.
Wow, aren't you just a ray of sunshine? Schoon is just entering his second year and you are calling him a bust already. I hope he has a great year just to prove you wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wow, aren't you just a ray of sunshine? Schoon is just entering his second year and you are calling him a bust already. I hope he has a great year just to prove you wrong.
He won’t pan out for us. Jake Ferguson has taken hold of the number one TE position. Schoonmaker will likely end up being the least productive of the TEs we’ve drafted in the second round dating back to 2006 with Anthony Fasano. He’ll make a few catches and mostly block. He won’t see a second contract.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He won’t pan out for us. Jake Ferguson has taken hold of the number one TE position. Schoonmaker will likely end up being the least productive of the TEs we’ve drafted in the second round dating back to 2006 with Anthony Fasano. He’ll make a few catches and mostly block. He won’t see a second contract.
Keep digging, sunshine. :muttley:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
It’s a wasted pick, but not his fault Dallas thought they needed a TE. He’ll be out this year too rehabbing the shoulder at the minimum. Maybe he pulls it together for camp, but the best you can hope for is he shows up next year in a contract year. That doesn’t help anything.

Dutton

Reaction score
I'm expecting Luepke to take a lot of snaps from Schoon. If we want to run up the middle, which appears to be what we're built for, why put a tight end as the lead blocker when you can have a fullback who can block, run the ball or catch it?
We really don’t know if Luepke can run the ball or catch McMike had plenty of opportunities to see what he could do when games were wrapped up.