Twitter: Schoonmaker suffers setback, could make his training-camp debut Monday

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I believe I said this exact same thing two days ago! The injury that he has in his foot is a tough one to deal with. Might as well get the surgery done now and maybe he can add something next year. Kind of a brutal surgery btw unless things have changed.
If this is the case, and it's starting to look like it is, why didn't they have a bead on this issue beforehand??

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm going to make a prediction. His PF makes progress, but then he'll be out for an "ankle" or "shoulder" . . . something along those lines.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm going to make a prediction. His PF makes progress, but then he'll be out for an "ankle" or "shoulder" . . . something along those lines.

Oh, are you thinking the classic Tyron Smith issue or is it the classic Neville Gallimore when they told us it's only be a few weeks, only to turn into basically the whole season?

Motorola

Reaction score
it may be one day later than expected that he begins practice, or something like that; that's what I got from it.
Who was it that was pushing for Schoonmaker? Seems like it was MM,,,

“Setback”
We haven’t even seen the dude play yet. The only thing I don’t like is his age.
Got something against 24 year olds?
His age isn't going to prevent him from being a good player.
What a waste of a draft pick................
To "young" Schoonmaker:
You have a number of doubters here in Cowboys Zone.
But when you (finally) get into training camp, then preseason game competition - - -
Luke....May the Force be with you.

McMicah

Reaction score
A redshirt year isn’t a big deal when the guy is 21-22 years old. But this dude will be 25 years old next month, so redshirting him starts his career at 26….That’s why we are pissed. Dudes rookie contract will take him to 30

rambo2

Reaction score
A redshirt year isn’t a big deal when the guy is 21-22 years old. But this dude will be 25 years old next month, so redshirting him starts his career at 26….That’s why we are pissed. Dudes rookie contract will take him to 30
I don't see how you can say redshirt year when he can possibly practice as early as Monday.

McMicah

Reaction score
I don't see how you can say redshirt year when he can possibly practice as early as Monday.
The tweet said there’s no timetable. Only the OP title said Monday. I’ve known several people with plantar fasciitis. It takes a long time to get over. For most people I’ve seen 6 months

817Gill

Reaction score
The tweet said there’s no timetable. Only the OP title said Monday. I’ve known several people with plantar fasciitis. It takes a long time to get over. For most people I’ve seen 6 months
The tweet in the OP has been updated by several sources. The team now believes he can practice as early as Monday.