Schultz Emerging

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Schultz will be re-signed…he’s become an integral part of the offense and possibly Dak’s favorite target. Jarwin has a big contract that jumps in cost next season so he’s as good as gone. His injury cost him his job as he was just as productive as Schultz in 2019.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
We'll see how great these checkdown tes do on grass this week against some good coaching.

I'm guessing their stock is gonna decline this week. Js

I've never seen a fan base overhype an avg te like ours.

Schultz will end up w like 6 tds max all year mainly against the NFC Least

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
broke out big time once given a real chance last year
A few big drops the last couple of weeks though. Needs to clean that up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jonu Smith (26 y.o)
2019: 439 yards, 3 TD’s
2020: 448 yards, 8 TD’s
2021: 4 years, 50m (12.5m APY)

Dalton Shultz (25 y.o)
2020: 615 yards, 4 TD’s
2021: 950 yards, 10 TD’s (projected)
*Note: Shultz is a much better blocker

The franchise tag in 2022 for TE’s is expected to be around 11m (I just doubled checked) which is less than Jonu Smith’s average salary per year. So if Shultz continues playing at his current level, or anything close to it…why wouldn’t he get franchise tagged? With TE the franchise tag is anomalously low because there are really only two good ones (Kettle & Ertz) in the league getting paid. It’s lower than every other position in the NFL by a mile.
Our offense is 10X better then theirs and shutz is being ignored for most of thi season and should be havig good season point is we have paid far too many offensive stars and wont offer Shultz the starter type market money and we wont suffer too much letting him walk..

dont get me wrong i like him but not at 12.5 we have to be more frugal when we have a qb at 40mil, rb at 15mil, WR at 20mil , OL making good money or up for new money, and Tank at 21mil+, etc etc

we also already have Jarwin paid and wont eat his salary to then pay Schultz..also Gallup is up bro, so you taking Schultz over gallup? how about pollard will be up soon..think deeper this isnt just about Darwin.

IDC what the market states i doubt given all those facts i listed Jarwin getting paid HERE that much..we will have Mckeon and Jawrin maybe Mckeon makes the next step..in this offense it wouldn't be a surprise.