Schultz = Witten 2.0?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He does remind me of a slightly more athletic Witten (or Witten in his youth).

If he can just continue to be a reliable blocker and minor threat as a receiver I’ll be happy.

It will be interesting to see what the team does in terms of resigning him or not. I can definitely see another team luring him in fee agency with the notion of him being a primary target in the passing game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say he is Witten but you can tell he learned a lot from Witten.

Schultz is a legit TE and I completely whiffed on him when they drafted him.

I didn’t see this potential as a receiver coming out of Stanford.

I remember he said at Stanford they used to study Witten and I’m sure playing with him every day for a few years helped his career too.

He’s just perfect for our team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm just happy to see a TE break tackles and run hard.

It seemed like Witten just decided to hit the dirt immediately for the last 7 or 8 years of his career. It was annoying watching other teams TE run hard while Witten went down as soon as he was touched.

And I love Witten.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This dude is big and somehow gets open.. plus he can block... reminds you of anyone?
tap the breaks hes barely just establishing himself as a starting TE long way to go to be HOF Witten..jeez man lets stop downplaying wittens career..

Premature but nice hes developing into quality starter..

kskboys

Reaction score
tap the breaks hes barely just establishing himself as a starting TE long way to go to be HOF Witten..jeez man lets stop downplaying wittens career..

Premature but nice hes developing into quality starter..
I actually think you should tap the brakes on your proclamation!!!

Exactly what is the problem w/ saying a current player reminds you of a past player?

stinkface

Reaction score
Interesting comparing the two. I think Witten was no doubt stronger and a better blocker. Route running I think Shultz is just about there and he is far shiftier then Witten was. Witten and shifty were two words that should never be used together. RAC is no doubt a strength of Shultz. He makes lots of folks miss. He also has excellent hands.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I actually think you should tap the brakes on your proclamation!!!

Exactly what is the problem w/ saying a current player reminds you of a past player?
hes not even close to breaking into that convo, thats why..!!!:angry:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Shultz but I don't think teams are game planning for him as they did with Witten. DC would try to figure out ways of stopping Witten and Jason just continue to get open and move the chains. I don't think Shultz is at that stage yet. What he is doing in taking advantage of the opportunities when they come his way. Last night big game for him with 2 TD grabs.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
He wont be jason witten because dak wont have a personal lovefest with him like romo did with witten.

While alienating the team and getting T.O. cut
confused-no.gif