Schultz = Witten 2.0?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting comparing the two. I think Witten was no doubt stronger and a better blocker. Route running I think Shultz is just about there and he is far shiftier then Witten was. Witten and shifty were two words that should never be used together. RAC is no doubt a strength of Shultz. He makes lots of folks miss. He also has excellent hands.
He didn't have to shift...he ran over dbs

Cydios

Reaction score
Interesting comparing the two. I think Witten was no doubt stronger and a better blocker. Route running I think Shultz is just about there and he is far shiftier then Witten was. Witten and shifty were two words that should never be used together. RAC is no doubt a strength of Shultz. He makes lots of folks miss. He also has excellent hands.

I was thinking (but this come with age) that Witten was a big time leader. You add some of that wisdom then watch out. Jarwin's injury might have helped seasoned this guy.

ICP

Reaction score
This dude is big and somehow gets open.. plus he can block... reminds you of anyone?
Shultz has been looking great, too bad they invested their money in Jarwin

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Those are big shoes to fill, so I wouldn't go that far on TE comparison. However, really liking what Schultz brings. He has the ability to extend plays, make contested catches, and is a solid blocker too. I would be talking to him about an extension now.

Cydios

Reaction score
Those are big shoes to fill, so I wouldn't go that far on TE comparison. However, really liking what Schultz brings. He has the ability to extend plays, make contested catches, and is a solid blocker too. I would be talking to him about an extension now.
100%, maybe he needs that bar. Everyone was looking for a Gronk, but we got a Witten which I prefer.

Hoods

Reaction score
He moves eerily similar to Witten and even gets tackled like him. That juke move for the touchdown (with the little arm push aside) is vintage Witten.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
He is trending towards a pretty solid payday at the end of the season. I can't imagine they will be able to afford both him and Jarwin in 2022, but they can cut Jarwin and save about 4.2 million towards the salary cap. I'd personally prefer Schultz over Jarwin who is good in the passing game but is clearly a liability blocking.