Score Predictions? (Boys v Packers)

links18

Reaction score
Packers 45, Dallas 17. 1996 redux--game is tied 10-10 at halftime. They make adjustments, we don't.

Zordon

Reaction score
Thats because it was a playoff game and packers fans couldn't plan for it. In 2013 there were a ton of packers fans. I actually can't comment on how many exactly because I missed that game when i woke up with a 103 fever that morning and just couldn't go. The 07 game there were a ton of packers fans, they were responding to the packers players calling for them to make noise when romo had the ball in the 4th quarter. That problem has been multiplied by a million with the new stadium being overrun with ticket holders who sell every game and are just brokers.

If Dallas wins it won't matter but if they are behind it is going to suck.
Just wait for the Chiefs game brother.....it will be worse.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Packers 45-23 and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth throughout the land

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just wait for the Chiefs game brother.....it will be worse.

yep I am expecting that one to be the biggest takeover. They have never been to the stadium and have not played at Dallas since that great game in 05.

Hopefully we are on a big winning streak.

pitt33

Reaction score
yep I am expecting that one to be the biggest takeover. They have never been to the stadium and have not played at Dallas since that great game in 05.

Hopefully we are on a big winning streak.
That '05 game was a great game

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
That '05 game was a great game

It was. Bledsoe made an amazing throw to witten for a TD in that game. And I still remember how excited Dan Campbell was when he scored. The stadium was awesome that day also.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Davante Adams is expected to play, LOOOOOOOOL

tomorrow is going to be painful

stiletto

Reaction score
A part of me feels the team will play better this week but I just don't trust our secondary against the likes of Aaron Rodgers. So I'll go 34-20 Packers. I DO NOT think the season is over even if we lose this one....

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It would be nice to see this team go on a bit of a run. We really need the line to start clicking.

But I don’t think it’s this week. I think Packers hang 30+ on this team.

Regroup with the bye week and go on a run is what I’m hoping for.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
39-30 Packers.

10 days rest for them is not good. I think their tackles will play and neutralize D-Law. Sean Lee looks to be out plus Rodgers owns Marinelli. Hopefully Garrett finally gets put on the hot seat after another loss to McCarthy.

Well, that aint good.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Can't figure out how vegas has us as the favs

I know there is a lot of gloom and doom in this thread, however, Vegas sees it somewhat the way I see it -- these are two pretty even teams.

Cowboys favored by 2.5 means they think the Packers are <EVER> so slightly better (given home field).

I think this is a coin-flip game.

Cowboys 30-27. Goes into overtime 27-27, both teams possess the ball once and punt, and the Cowboys win it on a Bailey FG.

bark

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of gloom and doom in this thread, however, Vegas sees it somewhat the way I see it -- these are two pretty even teams.

Cowboys favored by 2.5 means they think the Packers are <EVER> so slightly better (given home field).

I think this is a coin-flip game.

Cowboys 30-27. Goes into overtime 27-27, both teams possess the ball once and punt, and the Cowboys win it on a Bailey FG.
Perry I know you have your finger on the pulse of packer nation better than most here.
My question to you is this.
You've seen the flak Garrett gets on this board, how do the pack fans feel about McCarthy?
He has had a generational qb close to a decade now and only one championship to show for it.
From afar it seems like a crime the personal they have put around him at times.
Any rumblings about the coach/gm

perrykemp

Reaction score
Perry I know you have your finger on the pulse of packer nation better than most here.
My question to you is this.
You've seen the flak Garrett gets on this board, how do the pack fans feel about McCarthy?
He has had a generational qb close to a decade now and only one championship to show for it.
From afar it seems like a crime the personal they have put around him at times.
Any rumblings about the coach/gm

The general consensus I pick up from Packer nation is this:

Like Andy Reid at the end in Philly, most Packers fan think McCarthy is a good coach, they appreciate the SB victory he lead them to, however, they also fairly uniformly feel like McCarthy has run his course in GB and they'd like to see someone else at HC....

I don't know any Packer fans who have any love for Ted Thompson any more.

They've become a quintessential finesse team -- essentially a deluxe version of Drew Bree's Saints. Look no further than the ridiculous idea of going into this season caring so little about their running game that elected to start a backup WR at RB.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Can't figure out how vegas has us as the favs
It has everything to do with how the bets are coming in...the points are given to swing bets one way or the other......contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with who "Vegas" expects to win the game, they really couldn't care less...it's all about the betting$$$$$.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
34-27 Packers, Sadly. The DB backfield just isn't gelled enough to stop the bleeding.

It has everything to do with how the bets are coming in...the points are given to swing bets one way or the other......contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with who "Vegas" expects to win the game, they really couldn't care less...it's all about the betting$$$$$.
I'm really dumb about betting, but are you saying that more people are betting on Cowboys or that more are betting on Green Bay and Vegas is trying to balance it out by changing the odds?

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Well, let's take a look here at Garrett's roller coaster track record..........after taking over and finishing with a 5-3 record, he then had three straight years of 8-8.......then kicked off with what we thought was going to be a breakout year at 12-4 foolwed the next year with a 4-12 record, followed last year with a 13-3 record and starting this year currently sitting at 2-2, so if history repeats itself again it don't look promising for us fans. We currently have a HC that has yet to produce back to back winning seasons.