Scouting Combine thread

bodi

Reaction score
Bruh this aint 1980. A safety needs to be able to cover more than be an intimidator in 2020. He is a dog he played through it. Doesnt mean it isnt harder to tackle effectively with a bum ankle. And correct delpit wont do drills will have to wait until pro day.

He didn't even include a 2018 shoulder surgery that may continue to hamper his ability to hit and drive.

Is Delpit a worse tackler than fellow safety Xavier McKinney? Probably, but by how much? It's a slim margin, and you wouldn't imagine it if you consumed the feedback from scouts, analysts and insiders shared across the course of the 2020 draft cycle

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The top of this draft is looking scary. Simmons, Wirfs and Bacton are redefining what should be possible for human beings their size to do. Chase Young probably would have put up Myles Garrett level results if he tested. Jeffrey Okudah is probably going to do ridiculous things tomorrow, and I think Jalen Ramsey and Patrick Peterson are the only two CB prospects on his level in the past ten years.

The top of this draft could be 2011'ish. Out of the first 11 players picked that year, 9 made a Pro Bowl and 5 will probably end up wearing a gold jacket. Top 10 teams this year could be in for a similar kind of bonanza.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am very disappointed Kinlaw and some of the other defensive linemen did not work out at the combine. Kinlaw had a couple of good days at the senior bowl practices and then pulled out of that game too. I wonder, did he surprise himself at the senior bowl and now is trying to ride on that performance alone? Maybe I shouldn't but I think guys who choose not to do any drills are displaying an attitude that may not be team oriented. I am sure it won;t hurt their draft stock but if I was a GM, I would grill them on this in the interviews.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am very disappointed Kinlaw and some of the other defensive linemen did not work out at the combine. Kinlaw had a couple of good days at the senior bowl practices and then pulled out of that game too. I wonder, did he surprise himself at the senior bowl and now is trying to ride on that performance alone? Maybe I shouldn't but I think guys who choose not to do any drills are displaying an attitude that may not be team oriented. I am sure it won;t hurt their draft stock but if I was a GM, I would grill them on this in the interviews.
nothing to gain for kinlaw to work out. I expected that. No upside to it. He's solidified as a likely top 10 guy.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

Kinlaw didn’t work out for the same reason he didn’t play in the Senior Bowl - he’s apparently battling knee tendinitis that really needs to be checked out. He “could” slide to 17.