Scouting Combine thread

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I pretty much have my mind made up on delpit or kinlaw in round 1. if neither i would trade down. I really like the prospect of claypool as a 3rd round TE pick. he might not be there tho. realistically our picks should be S, CB and DL not necessarily in that order. Fun to watch guys have good combines and shoot up the boards. That kid Neville Gallimore is gonna test like crazy today as well. He pretty much 2 gapped his whole college career hence the limited numbers. might be a sleeper d lineman.
Im good with Kinlaw, McKinney, Chiasson, ruggs or jeudy I think.
It took me a while to come round on a wr

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
look at my post. It's almost like i do this yall. Shame with that explosiveness his coaches had him playing 2 gap nose most of the time.

I agree with the 2 gap nose as well. OU had just eating up two blockers most of the time which limited his production. OU finally turned him loose to wreak havoc in the backfield with his explosiveness.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Although he does play out of control at times, he hasn't even reached his ceiling yet and the game is just now starting to slow down for him. He's going to be a monster when he puts it all together.
Listened to an interview with him on sirius the other day. Super humble kid with a great upbringing. His parents don't even know what the heck a combine is lol. He's of jamaican descent from canada.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
He can improve technique wise.

That's what I was referring to. That and the game is just starting to slow down for him. I'd be fine with drafting Gallimore with his versatility, power and explosiveness. If the Cowboys do plan on using 3-4 and 4-3 fronts, he can play NT, 3 or 5 techniques. I'm not wild about drafting a DT and having to potentially draft a "trash can full of dirt" to compliment him as well. Give me Gallimore and call it a day. Then use the rest of the picks in areas of need depending on what free agency brings.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Epenesa. Ugh. I know 40 time isn't that important but I want edge guys with more burst than a 5.05.....
I wasn't high on him to start with so gotta see his cone drills

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Say no to AJ. Doesn’t really fit Nolan’s profile for edge rushers so at least that’s good news.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

JABARI ZUNIGADL, FLORIDA GATORS

Florida EDGE Jabari Zuniga ran the 40-yard dash in 4.64 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Zuniga (6'3/264) trailed only James Smith-Williams (4.62 seconds) among edge rushers testing on Saturday. The Florida defender earlier turned in 29 reps on the bench press, as well as a 33-inch vertical jump. NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Zuniga to the Cowboys' Robert Quinn (quite a comp) while noting that "[h]e has edge-rushing ability but could find stardom as a reduced rusher in sub-packages, where he's craftier and more capable of exploiting athletic mismatches." While there is plenty of upside, here, keep in mind that it is raw upside which you are projecting out.

SOURCE: Ben Glassmire on Twitter
Feb 29, 2020, 6:28 PM ET