Scouting Combine thread

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
NFL.com has Cole Kmet's 40 time as a 4.65 unofficial. I'm guessing the 4.70 time was his first run.

Not a big difference either way, and I eyeball-tested him as a high-4.6 kind of guy when I watched his tape so that's not a huge surprise either. But he did show up to the combine a lot heavier than his program weight, and it's good to know that he still kept all of that speed.

EDIT vv

The good side is that he looks pretty athletic. As far as his speed, I'm going in the "long strider" camp and thinking he'll check in maybe around the high 4.6s. With a 6'5" 250 frame, that's fast enough to create problems for LBs IMO.

Doing the same thing at 6'6" 262 is pretty damn good.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Holy CRAP at Okweugbunam! I knew he had build-up speed, but I would have lost every dime I have betting against him being a 4.4 guy.

Pretty impressive. Unfortunately he’s the definition of a linear athlete and can’t block.

I’d honestly be surprised if he goes before the 3rd.

Absolutely love him as a backup, red zone option. Dude has an awesome catch radius, good hands and solid ball skills.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Duvernay at 4.40 & Jefferson at 4.44; didn't see either coming, but ecstatic about the prospect of both.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
There's so much depth at wideout that you could find someone in Round 4 that could easily be your #2.

I doubt we consider anyone that high unless Cooper bolts and then it becomes a clear Day 1/2 need.

dallas72

Reaction score
There's so much depth at wideout that you could find someone in Round 4 that could easily be your #2.

I doubt we consider anyone that high unless Cooper bolts and then it becomes a clear Day 1/2 need.
There is always A Brown lol we all know Jerry likes drama

VACowboy

Reaction score
No top WRs doing combine?..only 1 is Jefferson he ran 4 44
Not sure if Jeudy or Ruggs is running but they'll be in the second group if they are.

Claypool just ran 4.43 in his second try. At over 6'4" and 238 pounds.

dallas72

Reaction score
Not sure if Jeudy or Ruggs is running but they'll be in the second group if they are.

Claypool just ran 4.43 in his second try. At over 6'4" and 238 pounds.
Ya but Claypool said projects at TE ....66 for over 1k 13TDs

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Claypool probably just ran himself into the second day of the draft. Someone will bit on him before the day is out.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Ya but Claypool said projects at TE ....66 for over 1k 13TDs
That's what the pundits say but he'll play wherever his coaches put him. The only reason they say that is his size. He'd be a heck of a matchup nightmare in the slot or wide. They may call him a TE but there's no way they use a LB to cover him. Think Evan Engram.

Sydla

Reaction score
4.45, 4.43 were his two times, had a 40.5 inch vertical and pressed 19 times.

He made himself some money today.