Scouting Combine thread

cnuball21

Reaction score
Claypool makes for an interesting TE conversion or big slot.

We need to be more efficient in the red zone so a weapon like him or big AL might help.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Pretty disappointed in the TE group.

It is not a deep group, but supposedly athletic at the top. Not seeing it.

Alexander

Reaction score
I don't get the switch to "prime time" when they have the drills starting at 4PM EST.

Most people are working on a Thursday at that time.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is this a joke?

Official NFL account tweeted out Claypool is the only WR taller than 6-4 and weighing more than 235 other than Calvin Johnson to ever run a sub 4.45.

Claypool also had a vertical of 40.5 inches. Calvin Johnson's vertical was 42 inches.

So not as good as Johnson but very good for a guy that size. If you read the twittersphere, Claypool has been one of the, if not the, hit of the first day.

Alexander

Reaction score
Official NFL account tweeted out Claypool is the only WR taller than 6-4 and weighing more than 235 other than Calvin Johnson to ever run a sub 4.45.

Claypool also had a vertical of 40.5 inches. Calvin Johnson's vertical was 36 inches.
I predict every swinging you know what starts talking about him in rounds where he had no business even being mentioned in a week ago, starting tomorrow.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No...did u Not watch the combine?...only 2 players over 6'4 and 238 lbs have ever ran 4 4 and jumped over 10.4.....Clayborn & Calvin according to the combine analysts.

That's great...have you watched his tape? There is 0 chance he's drafted in the top 5, 10, 15, 20 or 1st round. He's a linear athlete...Johnson was not.

I really like Claypool, not Clayborn, as a TE conversion or big slot but he's on the same planet as CJ as a prospect.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I really hope Aiyuk slides due to the 40...he's so fast and quick on tape and is a dynamic WR. If he falls to the 2nd I'm in.

Sydla

Reaction score
That's great...have you watched his tape? There is 0 chance he's drafted in the top 5, 10, 15, 20 or 1st round. He's a linear athlete...Johnson was not.

I really like Claypool, not Clayborn, as a TE conversion or big slot but he's on the same planet as CJ as a prospect.

What does his draft slot have to do with the guys' comment. All he said was that Claypool might be having the best combine thus far (not in history, just amongst the guys testing today) and that he stacked up measurable wise to Calvin Johnson.

I don't think he was saying he's a Top 20 pick. I think you misread his point.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What does his draft slot have to do with the guys' comment. All he said was that Claypool might be having the best combine thus far (not in history, just amongst the guys testing today) and that he stacked up measurable wise to Calvin Johnson.

I don't think he was saying he's a Top 20 pick. I think you misread his point.

That's fair...but can he finish the drills first? If he has a 7.5 3 cone the 40 doesn't really matter much.

Alexander

Reaction score
It is three hours before midnight and you have prospects running a 40. Kind of stupid, honestly.