SDogo Draft and FA Prep Thread V 1.0

cbow44

Reaction score
Thank you, good stuff. and at this time of year like water to a thirsty man.

fortdick

Reaction score
cbow44;4421884 said:
Thank you, good stuff. and at this time of year like water to a thirsty man.

More like, Ripple for a shakey wino, for me.

GroundUp

Reaction score
I'm specifically interested in th CB and LB interest the team has in this years draft. Dre K being viewed as a safety doesn't surprise me one bit. Would that take him off of our first round draft board?

dantheman41

Reaction score
Have you heard anything about cowboys interest in other free agent corners, Carr, Finnegan or Grimes? What do you forsee cowboys doing with their 1st round pick?

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
SDogo;4421878 said:
I'm a huge Tannehill fan.......not for his play but for his draft stock to RISE.

I think that will happen. Look at last year, with Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder. They all went in the top 12. QB's seem to rise as much as any position in the draft.

So, if say, Kirkpatrick, Hightower, Still, and Jenkins are all on the board at 14, which way do you see them going right now?

And, do you have any idea what they're thinking regarding McClellin?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I hope people stop wanting Kirkpatrick at 14 now. I have been saying this about him all year. No thank you to Kirkpatrick at 14.

Tex

Reaction score
GroundUp;4421898 said:
I'm specifically interested in th CB and LB interest the team has in this years draft. Dre K being viewed as a safety doesn't surprise me one bit. Would that take him off of our first round draft board?

I dont want him at 14 at either position but surely not at 14 on the premiss that he somehow might make a position change to safety.

heck I dont want him until at least our second or third if the idea from day one is he has to make a position change.

I want a real CB and or OG/C in round one unless an elite pass rusher falls.

Tex

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
SDogo;4421859 said:
Amini Silatolu is actually my 3rd favorite OG prospect in this draft and one I feel stands the most likely chance of being chosen if Dallas goes that direction.

I would not write off Meachem yet, Like I said prior, that is a player Dallas had a lot of interest in coming out and his price tag should be friendly enough that if we lose Robinson he could fill in nicely.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind about Meachem. I agree with you.

Do you think Dallas would go for Silatolu in round 2 or 3? Do you think they would take him over Osemele in round 2? Mayock has moved Silatolu ahead of Osemele. Bunting really likes Silatolu, too.

Let us know what you are hearing about Josh Norman (CB Coastal Carolina). Right now, I'm seeing 3rd round, but if he could turn into a Cory Webster type player, you would have a solid CB. I'd have no problem if Dallas went Janoris Jenkins at 14 and Norman in round 3. I just really want a guard in round 2.

I do like Dont'a Hightower, so I'll probably move him up behind Janoris Jenkins based on what you have reported. Although, I do like Jenkins more. Nevertheless, Hightower looked more explosive than any front 7 player Dallas had, except for Mr. Ware.

Forgot:

Let us know about Janzen Jackson. I'm seeing 4th round, and the guy has top 20 talent. I watched him play at Tennessee, and he is exactly the type of safety that you want in the NFL. Dallas has been so starved for a S. Having Berry and Jackson on the field at the same time was freakish. Obviously, he carries big risk.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SDogo;4421761 said:
I have yet to verify there is that much interest in Upshaw as is being reported and from what I have been told the Cowboys are not the excited about the pass rushing OLB's in this draft.

That falls in line with the whole franchise-tag talk with Spencer.

The Cowboys apparently do not see anyone out there who's going to come in and do as good a job.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I did hear that Janzen Jackson is going to absolutely destroy the combine.

rash

Reaction score
SDogo,
I literally rise to the edge of my seat whenever I see the name SDogo underneath a new thread topic. I am grateful for all your contributions to this message board.

Since you mentioned that the defense might incorporate more 43 formations, do you think that eliminates the need for a prototypical nose tackle? Have any sources given you any insight on what this team thinks of Lissemore and what he can bring to the table at the nose? I'm sure there is a correlation between addressing the D-line & the team's confidence in Lissemore (or any of our other d-linemen for that matter)

RS12

Reaction score
If Robinson takes the money from Jville he will have to deal with a second year QB who had a lousy first year. I never particularly wanted Kirkpatrick in the 1st place but falling into the second? Think Mayock has him as his number 5, so maybe.

burmafrd

Reaction score
As regards pass rushers, everything I have heard except for individual player homers is that no one really looks like a double digit sack guy in this entire draft.

In that case I guess it makes a sick kind of sense to stick with Spencer for one more year.

RS12

Reaction score
*Don't write off Keith Brooking in Dallas just yet. The Cowboys are giving him time to talk with his family about retirement or returning to football for another year. If he does return it's believed Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett would welcome him with open arms Garrett and Brooking are cut from the same cloth and have forged a strong bond. Keith has also served as a mentor to Lee and Carter and the Cowboys have plans to add Keith to the coaching staff if he decides to continue to peruse that avenue. Letting him play out another year as a Cowboy is a small price to pay to keep him around in the minds of the Cowboys.

This is why I have no faith in Jerry or Garrett. It obvious to anybody with one working eye and an IQ in the 3 digit range that this guy was toast two years ago. Another wasted roster spot just like Beuhler.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Great info sdogo as always!! I am kinda shocked about the info with kirkpatrick truthfully. if he wants to be a first rounder he better work his tail off at the combine next weekend.

Brooking I'm not happy about the whole him coming back but I like the idea of him being a coach. I think he would be great.

tm1119

Reaction score
So there's a good chance DeCastro won't be there and Kirkpatrick isn't being considered at 14? That kinda scares me, especially if they deduct a lot of points from Jenkins on character and drop him way down the board. That leaves who? Ingram and Glenn for positions of need for us? Possibly Kronz if he's cleared medically. Really doesnt make me feel all that great.

Dyluke

Reaction score
SDogo;4421654 said:
*Despite the well documented issues of Arizona St ILB Vontaze Burfict it's believed by many that he he will never slip out of the 1st round.

What is the deal with Vontaze? Outside of the personal foul penalties, this guy is beast. Recent Mocks I've seen, including Kiper, have Vontaze slipping out of the first round entirely. If he was available come round 2, I would think the Cowboys would be all over him. Anyone have insight?