Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
2hawkes;4466689 said:
I even go with Konz/Amini Silatolu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1vMglvFlE

I agree

sorry Sdogo

if we pass on DeCastro I will be so pissed

Hey, if we can get Konz in the 2nd and Amini in the 3rd I'm all for it. Like you I'm on the DeCastro bandwagon, just getting the feeling we all are in for a appointment.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
why are you so sure Konz will be there at 45? Are teams worried about the blood clotting?

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
SDogo;4466675 said:
I think Cox is a distant 4th right now. Honestly Brockers/Whitney/Upshaw are the name I'm hearing most likely as far as pass rushers.

The interesting thing about that is how different that is than most mock drafts you see. This is also why so many people want to break their TV during the draft.

The teams know alot more about these players than we do, and its always interesting to get a feel for what they are thinking. Most fans will have Cox higher cause of his combine alone, but then you list those 3 guys ahead ahead of him.

Upshaw would probably drive this board nuts if we picked him, at least you can sell Brockers on potential or Whitney on pass rushing, but Upshaw would be a hard sell.

2hawkes

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;4466691 said:
Hey, if we can get Konz in the 2nd and Amini in the 3rd I'm all for it. Like you I'm on the DeCastro bandwagon, just getting the feeling we all are in for a appointment.

aw well it is what it is

just a guess

just like the rest of the Mockers

we each got our own favorites

SDogo

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4466693 said:
why are you so sure Konz will be there at 45? Are teams worried about the blood clotting?

I guess I should not come off as being certain as much as I am confident he will be just based off research, team needs and information I have received. It has nothing to do with his condition just to clear the air.

I do have concerns the Patriots could make a move for him at the end of Round 1 or the Colts early in Round 2 although both those teams along with the Ravens who have obvious interior line needs have needs all over the OL.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
SDogo;4466684 said:
Not fully understanding your request, do you want what I think is out top 3 or 4 guys at #14 or a list of guys that fit the 3-4 defense for us?

The only QB I have heard associated with Dallas at all is Patrick Witt from Yale. That's not to say they have not done their homework and if someone dropped they would not look at them.

Thanks for the QB news.

As for my request, something along the lines of:

1st round: they've shown interest in kirkpatrick, upshaw, brockers, and decastro.

If it's too much trouble, though, please don't bother as you very busy in this thread with all the other questions.

Thanks again.

SDogo

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4466694 said:
The interesting thing about that is how different that is than most mock drafts you see. This is also why so many people want to break their TV during the draft.

The teams know alot more about these players than we do, and its always interesting to get a feel for what they are thinking. Most fans will have Cox higher cause of his combine alone, but then you list those 3 guys ahead ahead of him.

I'll be honest, I would be surprised if Cox is even a option for us at 14 by the time we are on the clock.

Deep_Freeze;4466694 said:
Upshaw would probably drive this board nuts if we picked him, at least you can sell Brockers on potential or Whitney on pass rushing, but Upshaw would be a hard sell.

I'll go ballistic, I tried very hard to find a reason to come to terms with it and have yet been able to do it.

SDogo

Reaction score
Sasquatch;4466707 said:
Thanks for the QB news.

As for my request, something along the lines of:

1st round: they've shown interest in kirkpatrick, upshaw, brockers, and decastro.

If it's too much trouble, though, please don't bother as you very busy in this thread with all the other questions.

Thanks again.

If you can hold off till I post my 2nd draft prep thread tomorrow I think I may have included the answer to your question.:D

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
SDogo;4466675 said:
I think Cox is a distant 4th right now. Honestly Brockers/Whitney/Upshaw are the name I'm hearing most likely as far as pass rushers.
I just watched some vids on him and he does seem to penetrate the pocket pretty well....what is your opinion on Ta'amu at NT to go with Mercillis and Rat?

SDogo

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4466714 said:
I just watched some vids on him and he does seem to penetrate the pocket pretty well....what is your opinion on Ta'amu at NT to go with Mercillis and Rat?

I spent a lot of time (or attempted) studying Ta'amu and the reason I say attempted is because I would get real interested in spurts and then spend 75% of the game trying to figure out if he was sleep walking or even trying. I hate his conditioning, I hate his motor and found myself more frustrated with his lack of effort for 4 quarters then I was impressed with him when he was motivated.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
SDogo;4466680 said:
Orton is only 28 and signed for the next 5 years. That alone takes the idea of developing a QB and pushes it back at least 2 years. If Kitna was on the roster I would agree, with Orton the panic is not there. You keep McGee around because he knows the system although I will say, Greisen is someone who we have in house that I'm hearing has a chance to push McGee.

We don't have Greisen in house, do we? I thought we didn't tender him.

Of course, I don't think Dallas would have any problem re-signing him if the Cowboys want him as competition.

SDogo

Reaction score
gimmesix;4466729 said:
We don't have Greisen in house, do we? I thought we didn't tender him.

Of course, I don't think Dallas would have any problem re-signing him if the Cowboys want him as competition.

You are correct, oversight on my part. I would be shocked if he is not brought back for camp, Dallas is said to like what they saw in a short time. What we do know is that a 4th arm will be brought in, there always is and who ever it is has a chance to unseat McGee but I don't think it's as important as in years past to find that developmental guy right now.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
SDogo;4466725 said:
I spent a lot of time (or attempted) studying Ta'amu and the reason I say attempted is because I would get real interested in spurts and then spend 75% of the game trying to figure out if he was sleep walking or even trying. I hate his conditioning, I hate his motor and found myself more frustrated with his lack of effort for 4 quarters then I was impressed with him when he was motivated.
Well, I'm glad to get this info, and I agree with you..we've had a few like that over the years and we don't need anymore////BTW....Have you thought about posting a list if you haven't already of possible players that we should be targeting in each rd? Maybe go about 3 deep at each position you think we might be considering? Thanks for you most welcomed opinions and input sdogo

SDogo

Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4466733 said:
Well, I'm glad to get this info, and I agree with you..we've had a few like that over the years and we don't need anymore////BTW....Have you thought about posting a list if you haven't already of possible players that we should be targeting in each rd? Maybe go about 3 deep at each position you think we might be considering? Thanks for you most welcomed opinions and input sdogo

I will be, as I told Sasquatch, I plan to include something that can scratch that itch for you in my 2nd draft prep thread tomorrow.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
"Samson Satele brought in for competition at OC but if that move has not happened already with Callahan on the staff there must be a reason."

What does Callahan have to do with Satele.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I don't like the Leonard Johnson pick. To slow and not fluid enough to play in press man. Much rather see Fleming or Bentley drafted.

Also Winn is a pass rush DE but is bad vs the run. Dallas needs a starter at DE. Also 14 for Whitney to play very slim this year is a reach. I like Mercilus but this team needs to win it all now and needs to get a player at 14 that can help out more right away. \I think 14 will either be a 3-4 DE or a OG.
Fletcher Cox and David DeCastro are the two that makes the most sense right now for Dallas IMO.

hra8700

Reaction score
SDogo;4466544 said:
MacKenzy Bernadeau| OC | Carolina (26)
Make no bones about it, I expect to see Bernadeau as our opening day center. Yes he played OG in Carolina but he was also their backup center. The Cowboys like how he anchors and can get to the second level and will utilize that ability at center.

Do you have a source telling you the cowboys signed him with the hopes of him playing center?

Interesting...

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am probably be one of those guys who if DeCastro is on the board and we don't pick, I would be very disappointed. Some team would have to give me one hell of deal to trade back because I think the teams picking behind us will take him depending how far we trade down. Even with these FA guard signings, I am still picking DeCastro. He is aready better than 80% of the guards in the NFL. Just my opinion.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
SDogo;4466735 said:
I will be, as I told Sasquatch, I plan to include something that can scratch that itch for you in my 2nd draft prep thread tomorrow.
Looking forward to it sdogo, thanks for all you do

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I'm a big Callahan fan, I do think he is a good Oline coach, but Im scared about both those new guys starting. Wayne Hunter was a stiff at RT for the Jets horrid, brutal whatever word for bad you'd like to use lol. Callahan can't turn chicken you know what into chicken salad... For lack of a better phrase.

DeCastro hopefully is our pick if he's on the board at 14