SDogo's 1st ever Draft Prep Thread

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;3919425 said:
Unless somebody really wants Locker, I just don't see for whom. I find it baffling that anyone would want to trade up for Locker, but you never know anymore.
If Washington takes him at #10 I will consider it proof that God loves me.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Surprised we have some interest in Keith Williams. I know he nearly gave up football before this past season due to knee issues and his fear of long term issues from them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BigWillie;3919520 said:
Surprised we have some interest in Keith Williams. I know he nearly gave up football before this past season due to knee issues and his fear of long term issues from them.

Why would it surprise you? Williams has also been characterized as player who has yet to figure out how to work, who needs to take the game more seriously and respond to coaching. But he has some impressive tools to work with. We certainly have not avoided taking that kind of player before.

esmith1790

Reaction score
Hi,

4 players that i have been following.

OG/OT:

Marcus Cannon: In the mold of Leonard Davis.
Joseph Barksdale: all i read is how is he a great technician but flies below the radar.

DB:
Ras-I Dowling & Davon House

Also, any elite speed WR, such as Johnny Knox or Mike Wallace that can be a burner for us in the late rounds?

Can you comment on trying to stock up this year ala-2009 versus trading away picks for 2012?

Any comment on a wink-wink player for pics. I know we cant trade players on the roster during the CBA, but how about we made a 2011 trade and throw in a 2012 pick say valued 4th round, but once the CBA is complete. The wink-wink was actually a player and we trade that player for the 4th rounder we traded during the draft.

Is it possible for coaching staff member resign under his own power just to work with the players. then once the CBA is signed, hire for the same position he quit? ( do NFL teams have secret ways to contact players anyways)

i know this is alot of questions but i thank you in advance.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Get a Saftey in FA
Sign Blalock

Between 14 – 18

1 #14 – 18 Gabe Carimi Wis OT Wis 6-7 #315
Athony Castonzo, OT, Boston College 6-7 #311
Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi State 6-6 #317

2 #40 Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA 6 #202

2a – 3b Will Rackley, OG, 6-3 #310

3 #71 Brandon Burton, CB, Utah 6 #190

4 #110 Ross Homan, ILB, Ohio ST 6 #230

5 #143 Cecil Shorts III, WR/KR Mount Union, 6 #200

6 #176 Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU 5-11 #230

7a #220 Preston Dail, FB, Ala, 6-2 #238

7b #252 Zane Parr, DE, Vir 6-6 #275

I do like Stingly at OG - 6-5 # 313

"Underrated blind side pass protector with terrific size and athleticism. Fluid athlete who moves well and shows the ability to slide out off the edge in pass protection. Makes good use of angles, easily adjusts, and anchors at the point of attack. Keeps his feet moving, stays square, and controls defenders once engaged in a block. Consistently plays with leverage, keeps his head on a swivel, and works until the whistle blows."

ok this is what I got from your post but picks number 4 through 6 are supposedly going all in the same round according to Walter's

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'll try and answer all question I have missed and that were posted today when I get home. I have to catch a flight in an hour. Thanks everyone for reading and your participation. Also for the great compliments!

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
SDogo;3919564 said:
I'll try and answer all question I have missed and that were posted today when I get home. I have to catch a flight in an hour. Thanks everyone for reading and your participation. Also for the great compliments!

Great read SDogo. What do you think are the percentages of your dream draft happening?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3919563 said:
I do like Stingly at OG - 6-5 # 313

I really do like Stingily, I've had him in my mocks for some time but worry that he might have a little Flozell in him. He seems to false start at the worst times, like on 1st and goal at the inch line.

Reaction score
I talked to someone last night in Chapel Hill and Sodog your right once again they have talked at length with Duenta Williams and Searcy JJ respects Butch Davis and the type of talent he has. Great info once again!:bow:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Peter King on who the Cowboys should take:

"Dallas can take the long-term replacement for right tackle Marc Colombo here, and the choice is between the raw but athletically gifted 20-year-old (Smith) or the proven commodity who is the most versatile lineman in the draft (Castonzo). Smith's not a bad pick, but with a roaming QB in Tony Romo, who's subjected to lots of hits and coming off a season-ending injury, give me the surer thing, please."

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think that's how alot of us feel. Don't get me wrong I like Tyron smith and think he can be an awesome rt but castonzo I think could help right away

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I hate trading down. (especially more than 3-4 spots in the first round) Most of the time you screw yourself.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm a huge Andy Dalton fan. I like almost everything about him and that is without including the fact that TCU is my favorite collegiate football team, but if the Cowboys draft him in the second round that would be a huge mistake. Especially if there are other guys still on the board that are a need vs a want.

If they do take him, I guess that means they really don't like McGee. I will say this, I used to be a fan of McGee until he started that kind of "woe is me" crap last year. He seems a bit mentally unstable. I don't like unstable football players. (TO anyone)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bowdown27;3919617 said:
I think that's how alot of us feel. Don't get me wrong I like Tyron smith and think he can be an awesome rt but castonzo I think could help right away

I think Tyron Smith could probably start this season too.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Appreciate the information. I haven't read much regarding the draft this year, as the lockout has really turned me off. I frankly don't see it being resolved early either, which makes the draft an exercise in futility.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jobberone;3918891 said:
While I agree we need a FB who can gain a yard or two, we need one who can get into the flats and catch a pass without falling down.

People seem to forget that Moose was a highly effective, efficient receiver out of the backfield...

I want another Moose... is that really so much to ask??

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
silverbear;3919730 said:
People seem to forget that Moose was a highly effective, efficient receiver out of the backfield...

I want another Moose... is that really so much to ask??

It's a lot. Moose was a great blocker and a very good pass catching FB. There aren't a whole lot of those around. Most with receiving skills end up being converted to TE.