Seahawks fans coming to Thanksgiving game

jenniesbabyhawks

Reaction score
bigE79;2046950 said:
i agree with most of your answer but if your basing your view of jones on what he did against the hawks you are going to be very stunned by what he does against other teams,the man runs straight up,has no wiggle,cannot see a hole and falls down with a tap of a finger.ive seen this for most of 4 years watching him.
Actually, I was not bashing Jones. I understand that I did a screwed up run on sentence and I speak and circles at times. When I said that we definatly do not need some one who is barely touched to drop to the ground I was speaking of Alexander. It did not appear to take much to bring him down this season. (Alexander) I did say though that Jones does appear to be a strong player. Not only does it appear so..he is. It is very known that he has talent....and like I said...I can say a lot more about that during and after training camp. I have seen him play all but a handfull of times and I can assure you that I could spit back stats on him through his whole NFL career...but I am more of a visual person....I earn a greater perspective of things when I see it first hand and I am excited to get the chance to do so. To really answer your question...I am really glad to have him on our team.

jenniesbabyhawks

Reaction score
bbwlover;2047365 said:
I have been a season ticket holder for some 25 years. You have nothing to worry about regarding your children. You guy's will have a great time down here. It's a very family oriented area. I am proud of the Cowboy fans who are regular season ticket holders. They will get loud but like myself, who has a 12 year old... are very aware of children being around. Be sure to take the family to the Rain Forest restaurant at Grapevine Mills mall. The kids will have a blast. We love our team, we want them to win but folks down here have their priorities in order... unlike many other NFL cities.
I am really glad to hear that....and thanks for your reply. It was funny...my girlfriend was with me and we were going through the forum earlier and when you mentioned the Rain Forest restaurant she got all excited(just like a little kid) yelling yeah...you have to go you have to. Looks like we will check it out when we get there...thanks once more!

superpunk

Reaction score
jenniesbabyhawks;2047819 said:
And why would that be? May I ask?

He is horrible. He has talent, but he has no patience, vision, power, vision, patience, or vision. The only "starting" RB who was possibly worse than him last season was your own Shaun Alexander. When he came into games, it was basically like conceding the drive, and opposing defenses knew it. If you guys can find a way to consistently get him the ball in space maybe via the passing game, he can probably have some success there.

But as a RB? He's one of the worst there is in the entire league.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Your famiy shouldbe fine at Texas Stadium. The fans there are courteous and polite to opposing fans. I have been to several games there and they are even respectful to Eagles and Commanders fans. The worst thing I heard any of them say to a Skins fan is "You paid alot to come down here to see your team lose!", then they proceeded to welcome them to Texas and chat a bit of football with them. In no way are Dallas fans as bad as Giants, Raiders, and Eagles fans.

Your family will have a great time at the game except for the loss. :)

If you have time, you should do the stadium tour as the kids will get a chance to run around on the field itself. final year to do it!

Hope this helps.

jenniesbabyhawks

Reaction score
I am not trying to be funny...but really you can do a stadium tour and the kids can get on the field? WOW! Hate to impose but how would I find out about that? Goodness...what an amazing experience for them....it would cost 2000.00 in court fines and a night in jail to do that at Qwest field...no joke? (ok...so one would have to run out on the field during a game :) )

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jenniesbabyhawks;2047852 said:
I am not trying to be funny...but really you can do a stadium tour and the kids can get on the field? WOW! Hate to impose but how would I find out about that? Goodness...what an amazing experience for them....it would cost 2000.00 in court fines and a night in jail to do that at Qwest field...no joke? (ok...so one would have to run out on the field during a game :) )

TOUR DATES AND TIMES - Tours are conducted Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every hour. Saturday's from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every hour and Sundays from 11-4 p.m. every hour when no events are scheduled please call ahead during normal business hours to check for availability. 972-785-4780. Tours are not conducted on game days or during special events.

TOUR TICKETS AND PRICES - Public Tours - Adults-$12. Kids ages 5-12 and Senior Citizens-$7. Kids under 5 FREE! BIRTHDAY PARTIES ON THE COWBOYS FIELD!! Download information here.

CONTACT US
Email - stadiumtours@dallascowboys.net
Basic Tour Information - 972-785-4780
Group Tours and Birthday Parties - 972-785-4850

RULES AND REGULATIONS - NO bags or purses of any kind are permitted on tours due to security concerns. No video camera. Still picture and digital photo cameras are permitted.

GROUP TOURS - Group tours are an excellent idea for schools, day cares, youth groups, corporate outings, summer camps or any group of 20 or more people. All age groups are welcome and all group sizes can be accomodated. Email your requests to stadiumtours@dallascowboys.net.

jenniesbabyhawks

Reaction score
You guys are amazing..thank you so much...I definatly will check it out..we will be in Dallas for 4 days and I know they will love it!

bigE79

Reaction score
jenniesbabyhawks;2047807 said:
Actually, I was not bashing Jones. I understand that I did a screwed up run on sentence and I speak and circles at times. When I said that we definatly do not need some one who is barely touched to drop to the ground I was speaking of Alexander. It did not appear to take much to bring him down this season. (Alexander) I did say though that Jones does appear to be a strong player. Not only does it appear so..he is. It is very known that he has talent....and like I said...I can say a lot more about that during and after training camp. I have seen him play all but a handfull of times and I can assure you that I could spit back stats on him through his whole NFL career...but I am more of a visual person....I earn a greater perspective of things when I see it first hand and I am excited to get the chance to do so. To really answer your question...I am really glad to have him on our team.
:eek:... ME TOO:star:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jenniesbabyhawks;2046413 said:
Hi, my family and I are coming from Seattle for the game on Thanksgiving day. Of course....we love our home team and my husband is from Dallas...just trying to find out how the fans are down there. I have an 11, 6, and 4 year old that will be going to the game with us. Of course...dressed in Seahawks attire. Alot of fans up here say that it is not a good idea to bring them to your stadium in Seahawks attire...are the fans friendly? Of course....I expect friendly banter..but there were people who have said (and not to compare the fans to the Raiders fans) that at a Raiders game the children were spit on. It is not something that I would expect there. Does anyone think my children will be harassed? I can handle the banter...but not the kids.
Thanks!
Jenn

For the most part fans at Texas Stadium are good. In all the years of going to the game on Thanksgiving I have only seen a couple of incidents where some idiots got out of control with harassing other fans. Security was pretty quick to respond to remove these idiots

Ren

Reaction score
Rampage;2046515 said:
?:laugh2: I won't fit in i'm from NY where the real crowds are.

Pffft NY is nothing i'm from Europe come to one of our soccer games, bring 5000 friend and cheer as loud as you can, no one will hear you it's that loud. it's usually not very hostile crowds here but when they do turn hostile they make philly look like girl scouts

jenniesbabyhawks

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2047883 said:
For the most part fans at Texas Stadium are good. In all the years of going to the game on Thanksgiving I have only seen a couple of incidents where some idiots got out of control with harassing other fans. Security was pretty quick to respond to remove these idiots
I am glad to find peace in that. I know I have said this before...but ...my children are my heart and I would hate for anything to happen...you get these notices about what happens at the Raiders games...ect....and you would only think that "I would never do this...spit on children or curse them..why would some one else?" Well, thats what makes us different. I know I have been encouraged by others not to put them in paint and their jersys.....(The youngest one will tear up if we are going to a game without her) but they love the Hawks....and really when it comes to the kids....does not matter what team you are from...it is just the love of the game..more the love though of what the parents love and I get that. Just glad to know that if there were an incedent that it would be taken care of quickly. It is funny...my middle daughter....6 said to me..."will they like me if I wear a Seahawks Jersey?" I responded with of couse they will...(she had a tough time her first home game in a jersy painted up and people yelling at her "go Hawks!" untill she realized they were yelling for her!) Then she said "well, if I don't wear a seahawks jersy will they like me if I wear a J. Jones Jersy? I thought that was funny and explained that j. jones would now be a Seahawk. She gets it....but not...how quick they are!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jenniesbabyhawks;2047904 said:
I am glad to find peace in that. I know I have said this before...but ...my children are my heart and I would hate for anything to happen...you get these notices about what happens at the Raiders games...ect....and you would only think that "I would never do this...spit on children or curse them..why would some one else?" Well, thats what makes us different. I know I have been encouraged by others not to put them in paint and their jersys.....(The youngest one will tear up if we are going to a game without her) but they love the Hawks....and really when it comes to the kids....does not matter what team you are from...it is just the love of the game..more the love though of what the parents love and I get that. Just glad to know that if there were an incedent that it would be taken care of quickly. It is funny...my middle daughter....6 said to me..."will they like me if I wear a Seahawks Jersey?" I responded with of couse they will...(she had a tough time her first home game in a jersy painted up and people yelling at her "go Hawks!" untill she realized they were yelling for her!) Then she said "well, if I don't wear a seahawks jersy will they like me if I wear a J. Jones Jersy? I thought that was funny and explained that j. jones would now be a Seahawk. She gets it....but not...how quick they are!

Fans of other teams wear their colors nothing wrong with that so if you have seahawk gear you should wear it to the game. You find out most of the time as long as you are cheering your own team and not trash talking about the home team then you run little risk of having any problems. I expect to be at that game as well, I hope you have a good time just not a win. ;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jenniesbabyhawks;2047852 said:

Yes It is 10 dollars per person. Its alot of fun. At least you can say you went to the stadium before it closed.

They give you about 15 to 25 minutes to play on the field, depending on how many people are on that tour. its alot of fun.

And you will have zero problems at Texas Stadium. the only time we ever have problems in the stadium is for the home game against the eagles, eagles fans look for fights when they are winning big and they look for brawls when they are losing big. Either way they are all scum.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
I have done the stadium tour twice. The 2nd time we had a large group of us and decided to run some routes. I still think my buddy pushed off when he made his out and up cut. I called Offensiev P.I, but he thinks it was just skill. To this day we argue/laugh about it still. Also, kicking field goals at Stadium is fun. Bring your own ball as the few they have go fast.

TexasTornado

Reaction score
I'm sure it will be fun for the entire family (except when the clock strikes 0:00 and the Cowboys win by 17). Good luck!

I took my four daughters last year to see the Cowboys play the Commanders...(of course we are all Cowboy fans), but they loved the experience. There wasn't alot of cussing, or drunks in our section, so that helped (I've been to eight Cowboy games and have never seen a bad situation between Cowboy fans and non-Cowboy fans). This year I'm taking them to Arizona, so they can experience an away game (should be fun...since Arizona is our home away from home).

jenniesbabyhawks

Reaction score
theebs;2048179 said:
Yes It is 10 dollars per person. Its alot of fun. At least you can say you went to the stadium before it closed.

They give you about 15 to 25 minutes to play on the field, depending on how many people are on that tour. its alot of fun.

And you will have zero problems at Texas Stadium. the only time we ever have problems in the stadium is for the home game against the eagles, eagles fans look for fights when they are winning big and they look for brawls when they are losing big. Either way they are all scum.
We will definatly go check it out. Just looked at our schedule for this years home games...we are only going 2 aways...your game and sanfran...I do see that we play the Eagles at home on 11/2/08...I am hearing a lot of the same things about the Eagles fans as you have stated...Even at your home? That is crazy...Our season seats are corner end zone (More on the visitors side) we are always have a ton of people from the visiting teams....usually people are pretty cool and very humble because some of our fans are pretty hard core....but dang....I guess I can give up the kids seats to that game if they come like that...WOW! Thanks for the heads up!

jenniesbabyhawks

Reaction score
TexasTornado;2048449 said:
I'm sure it will be fun for the entire family (except when the clock strikes 0:00 and the Cowboys win by 17). Good luck!

I took my four daughters last year to see the Cowboys play the Commanders...(of course we are all Cowboy fans), but they loved the experience. There wasn't alot of cussing, or drunks in our section, so that helped (I've been to eight Cowboy games and have never seen a bad situation between Cowboy fans and non-Cowboy fans). This year I'm taking them to Arizona, so they can experience an away game (should be fun...since Arizona is our home away from home).
I just got one little tear with the mention of wining by 17 points;) Hope you have fun in Arizona....we were talking about doing the same (Well not when the cowboys play, when we do down there) Decided on San Fran...It will just be a quick trip. We have a bunch of people we know that go to the Arizona games every year and say that the people down there are way laid back and are super cool. The fans from Commanders however, that were up here the last time we played them...they were crying...kind of sad...wow...that game sure did do a 180 darn fast! I wish you all the best in Arizona!