Sean McVay flipped the script

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Garrett isn’t going anywhere.

Come on people..we don’t have a HC like you want. We have Jerry’s boy.

The only change you will ever hope to get is from the OC and DC...that’s it.

This isn’t going to change folks.

Yeah.. It’s sad because we should be the team with one of the best coaches in football but we’re stuck with a default head coach. Basic, bland, and offers us nothing on game day.

Brooksey

Reaction score
The first time Anderson gashed us for 10 yds I thought it was a quick trap to their FB. Guy put on 30lbs and ran all over us

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The Rams were the perfect matchup.

You just can’t account for CJ Anderson running wild over you.

We needed to shut down the run and put the game in Goffs hands. We’ve shut down the run all season. We just shut down the Seahawks who lead the league in rushing.

McVay just added a wrinkle and that wrinkle made our d line and linebackers look like amateurs for 4 quarters.

I was screaming at my TV for them to let Goff try to make plays all the way down the field.

Not saying Goff is butt, but he wasn’t going to sustain drives consistently like their run game.

They just feared PA too much today.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Anyone see the correlation between this game and playoff game we lost( Packers 2014)? The D couldn't get off the field ...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is the Rams style. Every play is full of play action, misdirections, fakes...

We were not ready for it.
We are successful when we can use our speed. McVey used this against us.

Tough night. I hate that gimmick offense.

It’s not a gimmick.

Good coaching is allowed. I wish we would embrace it.

Chiefs and Rams move on.

90s Cowboys schemes go home.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
An offensive genius took a big look at our defense and laughed. Then just went out and destroyed it. And he did it with CJ Anderson that has been eating cheese burgers for months. LOL
Good coaching makes ALL the difference in the world.
We haven’t had good coaching in 23 years outside of
Parcells for one season. There is a reason we haven’t had success. Jerry Jones’s EGO.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
The Rams were the perfect matchup.

You just can’t account for CJ Anderson running wild over you.

We needed to shut down the run and put the game in Goffs hands. We’ve shut down the run all season. We just shut down the Seahawks who lead the league in rushing.

McVay just added a wrinkle and that wrinkle made our d line and linebackers look like amateurs for 4 quarters.

My problem with both Linehan and Marinelli is that there's never a Plan B. If they're selling out to stop the run, the next drive, play action pass EVERY PLAY from ALL formations, and they will eventually stop selling out. Then Zeke can run the ball later in the game when they're worried about Gallup and Coop.

On defense, if you can't stop the run, then bring EVERYbody within 5 yards of the LOS (yes, all 11), and threaten run blitzes on 1st and 2nd down, and eventually Mcvay and Goff will just audible to pass plays...and at the snap, everyone can back out into their comfort zones or man coverages. Basically, don't let the offense continue to dictate what they will do, allow your DEFENSE to dictate what the offense will do, by formation and threat.

It's football. It's mano y mano, but if you feel like their men are getting the best of your men, then turn it into a chess match. We don't have chess match coordinators...they're forever playing checkers. And in big games against the better coaches, it's too much for the players to overcome.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So we go into this game with one of the leagues best Run defenses and the Rams come into the game with one of the leagues worst.

Well 1 little pre-snap motion that threatened the sweep single handedly ended our season by giving up almost 7 yards a play.

All these years of experience and everything else and our out of touch coaches could stop had no answers for a pre-snap motion that was causing CJ Anderson to gash us every play.

3 times now we’ve got to the divisional round with Garrett and all 3 times we’ve been dominated by either Aaron Rodgers or a run game that sent a receiver in motion causing us to give up 7 yards a carry.

How do we overcome this staff?

They want to extend Garrett too and he’s just so limited. He offers a basic brand of football and if your roster is amazing the next maybe you can go all the way if everything is perfect.

We walked into that game with a favorable matchup and left the game with the script completely flipped on us.

A favorable matchup? Now that is just a complete lack of understanding of football.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone see the correlation between this game and playoff game we lost( Packers 2014)? The D couldn't get off the field ...

Yep.

I thought we had it made.

No Rodgers to worry about.

Stars aligned perfectly for us against the Rams. Our fans even took over their stadium.

And we came out and let them run all over us because the pre snap motion scared them so much.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good coaching makes ALL the difference in the world.
We haven’t had good coaching in 23 years outside of
Parcells for one season. There is a reason we haven’t had success. Jerry Jones’s EGO.

Parcells was one of the worst coaches this franchise has ever had.

jujoboys

Reaction score
So we go into this game with one of the leagues best Run defenses and the Rams come into the game with one of the leagues worst.

Well 1 little pre-snap motion that threatened the sweep single handedly ended our season by giving up almost 7 yards a play.

All these years of experience and everything else and our out of touch coaches could stop had no answers for a pre-snap motion that was causing CJ Anderson to gash us every play.

3 times now we’ve got to the divisional round with Garrett and all 3 times we’ve been dominated by either Aaron Rodgers or a run game that sent a receiver in motion causing us to give up 7 yards a carry.

How do we overcome this staff?

They want to extend Garrett too and he’s just so limited. He offers a basic brand of football and if your roster is amazing the next maybe you can go all the way if everything is perfect.

We walked into that game with a favorable matchup and left the game with the script completely flipped on us.

He probably watched the tape of the game we had against the Colts. The first half of this game felt almost like a replay of the Colts game. No pass rush by Dallas, get pounded up front with the run, accurate passes from Luck when needed. The on;y difference in this game was that the offense eventually made some plays.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A favorable matchup? Now that is just a complete lack of understanding of football.

It was. But you don’t know much about football and your posts have made it clear.

All the evidence pointed to Dallas having the edge.

Myself and all the other analysts can’t account for a top 5 run defense to get ran all over and give up yards like they did.

I’m sure you saw it with all of your understanding though.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This is what happens when you have an offense that has run the same five plays all year and a defense that is so befuddled by any sort of motion that they won't run anything but cover 3.

LA is misdirection and PA. Period. That's it. They're both gimmicks. All it takes is staying home and doing your job.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yep.

I thought we had it made.

No Rodgers to worry about.

Stars aligned perfectly for us against the Rams. Our fans even took over their stadium.

And we came out and let them run all over us because the pre snap motion scared them so much.

Nailed it with the last part.

To be fair though. Gregory and Lawrence no showed.

All that slow developing misdirection in the backfield they run can be stopped by hitting Goff every time regardless of where the ball is.

But 90 and 94 couldn’t get home today.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
Don't discount their offensive line, it's a very good unit.

We also struggled against Quinton Nelson and the Colts. I don't think that's a coincidence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nailed it with the last part.

To be fair though. Gregory and Lawrence no showed.

All that slow developing misdirection in the backfield they run can be stopped by hitting Goff every time regardless of where the ball is.

But 90 and 94 couldn’t get home today.

Goff was never really a factor. Hard to get after the QB in that type of game.

It was all CJ Anderson with some Gurley sprinkled in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was. But you don’t know much about football and your posts have made it clear.

All the evidence pointed to Dallas having the edge.

Myself and all the other analysts can’t account for a top 5 run defense to get ran all over and give up yards like they did.

I’m sure you saw it with all of your understanding though.

LOL...…..I don't know football, yet you just got proven to be a fool and me right?

Yah, sure buddy.

Proof

Reaction score
An offensive genius took a big look at our defense and laughed. Then just went out and destroyed it. And he did it with CJ Anderson that has been eating cheese burgers for months. LOL

To be fair Cj had 150 per game in the two games he’d played for them already. Guy just fits what they want to do.

Seriously though, as disappointing as it is, we’re any of you also fooled by their misdirection? The timing and attention to detail that those plays take to pull off well is pretty impressive. There were multiple times where three offensive players converged perfectly, with momentum, and I legit had no clue who got it. Can’t insgine actually trying to defend it