Sean McVay flipped the script

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Well when Robert Woods and Cooks fake a sweep every play I guess the discipline and staying home goes out the window.

Suddenly our incredible linebackers are trash and the entire front 7 really is trash.

Unbelievable.

They needed to be sending at least one extra man every play and refused to do it. I don't know whos pulling the strings, but this was an ultimate face-palm from whoever is in control. It's was a joke.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Here the difference:

The smart coach (Mcvay) game plans to exploit weakness. The mediocre coach (Garret) doesn't care who we play b/c its about execution. You could see it on Zeke's failed 4th down run which was a huge turning point. Why go up the middle? That is the strength of their defense. Its almost like we have no idea that the NFL's best defensive player is in the middle of the rams defense.

This is why i hate that Stupid Jerry is rushing to extend jason garrett when he should be rushing to fire this bum. He has been the coach for how long and had some good talent and really have done nothing. I mean the guy has been our coach for 9 years and has what 2-3 playoff wins lmao. And Jerry is rushing to resign that? They guy is already overpaid.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As for that sweep this video covers how the Bears who held them to six points defended that bs but the Boys took none of that smh. That level of incompetence alone should get someone fired.

this^^^......read somewhere that Eagles copied the D against them and like the Bears, were damn successful. Hell, I actually read this somewhere last week, so I ASSUMED Garrett and Co knew and would run a similar scheme or tweak alignment. Silly me........lol

Hadenough

Reaction score
So we go into this game with one of the leagues best Run defenses and the Rams come into the game with one of the leagues worst.

Well 1 little pre-snap motion that threatened the sweep single handedly ended our season by giving up almost 7 yards a play.

All these years of experience and everything else and our out of touch coaches could stop had no answers for a pre-snap motion that was causing CJ Anderson to gash us every play.

3 times now we’ve got to the divisional round with Garrett and all 3 times we’ve been dominated by either Aaron Rodgers or a run game that sent a receiver in motion causing us to give up 7 yards a carry.

How do we overcome this staff?

They want to extend Garrett too and he’s just so limited. He offers a basic brand of football and if your roster is amazing the next maybe you can go all the way if everything is perfect.

We walked into that game with a favorable matchup and left the game with the script completely flipped on us.
McVay was with the Commanders and he just went and watched the first skins game where AP ran all over the Cowboys and then he put in the tape of the Colts game and fine tuned his running game.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here the difference:

The smart coach (Mcvay) game plans to exploit weakness. The mediocre coach (Garret) doesn't care who we play b/c its about execution. You could see it on Zeke's failed 4th down run which was a huge turning point. Why go up the middle? That is the strength of their defense. Its almost like we have no idea that the NFL's best defensive player is in the middle of the rams defense.
...and this is why COACHING matters more than ever in the playoffs. I’m really disappointed, but HARDLY shocked.

LittleD

Reaction score
What we learned tonight is that the Rams have a legit OC who runs a 21st century offensive scheme. The Cowboys have Offensive coaches who run a 20th century scheme.
GAME OVER!

dckid

Reaction score
It’s not a gimmick.

Good coaching is allowed. I wish we would embrace it.

Chiefs and Rams move on.

90s Cowboys schemes go home.
Outclassed , outcoached, they didn’t have to pass once this game. You and I could have played QB for the Rams this game. Goff is a limited qb, doesn’t throw outside the numbers ever. McVay puts him in a position to succeed. McVay was the difference, we got old school out coached at every level. The watched hoe the Colts gashed us, we didn’t watch how the Lions started to slow them down. Really demoralizing to get run all over us.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Linehan and Moore must go.
All we heard was Scott has full control over the offense and si designing a better offense.

Yet what do we have? the same crap we used in 2015 and 2017.
I cannot believe we were facing the best tandem of DT's in the league, and Scott's plan was keep Dak in the pocket and run Zeke right into them.
We have QB who thrives when running and a RB who can attack the whole field with run or pass, yet we refuse to take advantage of them.
\We could have gassed Suh and reduces the effectiveness of AD and then pounded the ball in the forth quarter.
But no, we keep running the same tired crap the EVERYBODY knows.
Scott and company need to go tomorrow.
I not impressed with Colombo either but that's a topic for the day after tomorrow.:huh:.

wrongway

Reaction score
Pick any coach you want. Get bulldozed for 273 yards rushing and you're gonna lose. At some point your guys have to win physical battles. Our defense lost tonight.
Offense has to show up as well, they didn't get it done either. Sometimes the other guys are just better. It showed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those 2 great D Tackles have been trash all year at stopping the run and our Run D was great all year.

It was a perfect matchup.

There is no stats that shows this as a bad matchup for Dallas and teams similar to us gave the Rams all they could handle this year.

It’s easy to say it was a bad matchup after the fact. Monday morning QB.

No buddy, you just dont understand how it all works. In the playoffs and when they are at home, great players show up. And on our side, scrubs like Heath, Woods, our DT's get exposed. And coaches like Garrett and Linehan get exposed and McVay shine.

Rams have been generally blowing everyone out so not such a great need for defense. But its the playoffs so the studs show up. Garrett annoyingly likes to just run up the middle with Zeke, right into the teeth of those studs in the middle. Garrett is predictable.

Cowboys defense although great at times was more of a mirage. NOT great on the road and NOT great lately. One of the best Olines in football would hold off the 4 man pass rush.

Its not my fault you didnt understand these things or simply looked at some overall stats and made some wild claim that this was some dream matchup or us. LOL

Fact of the matter is that this was a HORRID matchup in EVERY way. And it played out that way.

Heck the Rams had a NOT 100% Gurley and they didnt even have Cooper Kupp and they made fools of us. I mean some of you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Monday morning QB.

You’re a genius after you have the answers aren’t you.

Nothing genius about it. 100% completely obvious stuff.

You look silly because your wild claim was proven foolish.

Its called Monday morning proof is in the pudding.

Techsass

Reaction score
Maybe that's why he kept bit*ing about buying the groceries.

dckid

Reaction score
Linehan and Moore must go.
All we heard was Scott has full control over the offense and si designing a better offense.

Yet what do we have? the same crap we used in 2015 and 2017.
I cannot believe we were facing the best tandem of DT's in the league, and Scott's plan was keep Dak in the pocket and run Zeke right into them.
We have QB who thrives when running and a RB who can attack the whole field with run or pass, yet we refuse to take advantage of them.
\We could have gassed Suh and reduces the effectiveness of AD and then pounded the ball in the forth quarter.
But no, we keep running the same tired crap the EVERYBODY knows.
Scott and company need to go tomorrow.
I not impressed with Colombo either but that's a topic for the day after tomorrow.:huh:.
The first drive we played great Play action, moved the pocket. We were afraid to try and make it a shootout. We should have realized we can’t stop them and tried to outscore them. Remember in last years SB, the Eagles made one defensive play the forced fumble. The league has changed before our eyes. You cannot hold trans down a la 2000 Ravens. It’s too easy to pass and the sad part is they did t even pass on us. They could. It cover our Wide outs, and play action would work all day against them. Opportunity lost. I would have put even more in Dak. Troy was right no one can cover Amari. Guy is a stud no doubt.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So we go into this game with one of the leagues best Run defenses and the Rams come into the game with one of the leagues worst.

Well 1 little pre-snap motion that threatened the sweep single handedly ended our season by giving up almost 7 yards a play.

All these years of experience and everything else and our out of touch coaches could stop had no answers for a pre-snap motion that was causing CJ Anderson to gash us every play.

3 times now we’ve got to the divisional round with Garrett and all 3 times we’ve been dominated by either Aaron Rodgers or a run game that sent a receiver in motion causing us to give up 7 yards a carry.

How do we overcome this staff?

They want to extend Garrett too and he’s just so limited. He offers a basic brand of football and if your roster is amazing the next maybe you can go all the way if everything is perfect.

We walked into that game with a favorable matchup and left the game with the script completely flipped on us.
wait, I thought Kris Richards was this genius coach in the waiting....you are telling me the defacto HC in the waiting in many people's mind couldn't figure out how to defend this simple thing? how could it be, he is some kind of a mad genius defensively....it can't be.....after all didn't you see him screaming on the sideline....I mean screaming and that alone made him aagood coach :omg:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He basically did what the Cowboys do to thump other teams. Manhandled us in the trenches, controlled TOP, and ran the ball up our brown starfishes.

JG, SL, and the whole team were in a daze most of the night.
bingo. their DL and OL handled our OL and DL respectively. their OL was getting 3 yard push on the DL almost every play.