Sean Payton

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He was a free agent with a possible shoulder issue. Actually Miami and nick Saban took a pass on brees.

Not just nick saban.

If people really evaluated this and talked about what Miami did it explains a lot.

Miami said no to brees and then sent a 2nd round pick to Minnesota for Dante Culpepper

Nick Saban always gets the blame for this but his offensive staff during this year consisted of

Scott Linehan offensive coordinator
Jason Garrett qb coach
Derek Dooley tight ends coach
Hudson Houck offensive line coach
Judd Garrett offensive quality control.

Do you think this group had a big say in culpepper over brees? I sure do.

Same damn group that chose Dak over Romo last year and are making all the decisions on this teams offense right now.

Hardline

Reaction score
I wasn't aware the Cowboys had a vacant head coaching job open.
I wasn't aware Sean Payton was out of a job.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
You're right Brees talked to Miami but was signed by NO. Still he was good in San Diego
Yeah, he was OK. Not good enough for even his own team to keep him, though. No one thought he would go on to break all time NFL records and pass for 5000 yards in a season.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, he was OK. Not good enough for even his own team to keep him, though. No one thought he would go on to break all time NFL records and pass for 5000 yards in a season.
He was released because they were scared his arm would never be the same, and they had Rivers on the roster, not because he wasn't good enough.
He was a 2 time pro bowler in San Diego

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He was released because they were scared his arm would never be the same, and they had Rivers on the roster, not because he wasn't good enough.

So why did they waste a high draft pick on Rivers? Keep in mind, this was BEFORE Brees hurt his shoulder. Maybe you should just accept that fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Also remember Brees was an absolute monster in college. Only reason he went second round is his height.

If he was 3 inches taller he would have been the #2 overall pick behind mike Vick.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So why did they waste a high draft pick on Rivers? Keep in mind, this was BEFORE Brees hurt his shoulder. Maybe you should just accept that fact that you don't know what you are talking about.
They took rivers while Brees was still learning. Brees started playing better after Rivers was drafted. Because Brees has more experience then.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Brees had an amazing season in 2004 I believe it was. While with San Diego.

diefree666

Reaction score
anytime someone claims this I get real skeptical- they are village idiots

Dre11

Reaction score

Maybe you should, a 2 time pro bowler was Ok? Ok...lol

diefree666

Reaction score
Look at his 2004 season and then come back and eat crow

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Brees was good, that's why he was traded for.You knew he was going to be very good.

Brees wasn't traded for. He was a free agent coming off an injury to his throwing shoulder. Only two teams even looked at him - Miami and New Orleans.

I swear, some of you guys just make stuff up when the truth is pretty easy to find. :rolleyes:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hint: He went to the Pro Bowl once with the Chargers, and was released the following years. Try to keep up.

How many teams with a Hall of Fame QB in his 20s draft another QB with a top 5 draft pick and cut said QB? It almost never happens. Brees was just OK at SD.

Stupid argument. They drafted rivers while Brees was still learning to play in the NFL.

Brees’ play improved dramatically after rivers was drafted.

Nobody knew he was going to be Hall of fame when he left San Diego but his last two years at SD, he was one of the best QB’s in the league.

Rivers has also gone on, to have a borderline hall of fame career. So really the chargers had an embarrassment of riches at the position.

You act like they let Brees go for a scrub. Lol but they let Brees go and had Rivers who has been a prolific QB his whole career.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Miami traded for him.

Wrong. Miami traded for Duante Culpepper instead of signing Brees, who was a free agent coming off shoulder surgery.

Not long after, Nick Saban went back to coaching college football. :muttley:

Dre11

Reaction score
Brees wasn't traded for. He was a free agent coming off an injury to his throwing shoulder. Only two teams even looked at him - Miami and New Orleans.

I swear, some of you guys just make stuff up when the truth is pretty easy to find. :rolleyes:
Try reading the thread, I said I was wrong and he talked to Miami but later signed with NO.

Dre11

Reaction score
Wrong. Miami traded for Duante Culpepper instead of signing Brees, who was a free agent coming off shoulder surgery.

Not long after, Nick Saban went back to coaching college football. :muttley:
As I said try reading the thread.

lwehlers

Reaction score
makes me think how we had zimmer, sean and clapper. and we picked the wrong guy to be our HC...

the cowboys picked the right kind of guy for them. payton and zimmer wanted to run there teams their way and garrett is content to being a yes man and let the jones make every decision for him.