Sean Payton

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You're right Brees talked to Miami but was signed by NO. Still he was good in San Diego

His first two years as a starter in SD he threw 28 TDs and 31 INTs. Fans here would've given up on him at that point. :rolleyes:

Dre11

Reaction score
His first two years as a starter in SD he threw 28 TDs and 31 INTs. Fans here would've given up on him at that point. :rolleyes:

You're right because fans here are impatient. Yet in 2004 he was a pro bowler.before he left San Diego.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I wasn't aware the Cowboys had a vacant head coaching job open.
I wasn't aware Sean Payton was out of a job.
we can only dream we had a vacancy for head coach instead of the nightmare we are suffering now.

jrumann59

Reaction score
makes me think how we had zimmer, sean and clapper. and we picked the wrong guy to be our HC...

I remember so many Zimmer defenders were shouted down on these forums. Remember the days of GROZ

Dre11

Reaction score
It's not my job to read through your mistakes. Perhaps you should try knowing what you're talking about in the first place?

Then don't comment, you look like a fool.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I remember so many Zimmer defenders were shouted down on these forums. Remember the days of GROZ

From what I remember, everyone liked Zimmer, and Parcells ran him out of town because he wanted a 3-4 defense.

jrumann59

Reaction score
From what I remember, everyone liked Zimmer, and Parcells ran him out of town because he wanted a 3-4 defense.
Yeah Parcells wanted a 3-4 but many here wanted Zimmer gone even before Parcells. I remember all of the GROZ threads.

Reactions: JPM

JPM

Reaction score
makes me think how we had zimmer, sean and clapper. and we picked the wrong guy to be our HC...
There were entire groups of posters who wanted both out of Dallas while they were here. The old GROZ
folks.
Get
Rid
Of
Zimmer.

Good times.

Dre11

Reaction score
Says the guy who thought Drew Brees got traded to the Dolphins, and then the Saints traded for him. That's rich.
And the guy who calls a pro bowl qb ok. That's even richer....lol

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah Parcells wanted a 3-4 but many here wanted Zimmer gone even before Parcells. I remember all of the GROZ threads.

Umm Dallas played a 4-3 in 03 and 04 with zimmer as coordinator

Then Dallas played a 3-4 in 05 and 06 with zimmer as the coordinator.

Zimmer was giving info to the local media and trying to make parcells look bad for the 3-4 defense all year. Zimmer shines so much parcells let him play the 4-3 in week 17 vs Detroit since it was meaningless to prove a point. The defense didn’t play well again.

At the end of 06 zimmers contract was up and he went to Atalanta.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Not even close to reality. Zimmer was one of the only guys parcells kept when he came here along with Gary Gibbs.

Zimmers contract was up when parcells retired and he went to Atlanta and Dallas hired Phillips.

Zimmer was the coordinator for 4 years under parcells here, two in the 4-3 and two in the 3-4

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not even close to reality. Zimmer was one of the only guys parcells kept when he came here along with Gary Gibbs.

Zimmers contract was up when parcells retired and he went to Atlanta and Dallas hired Phillips.

Zimmer was the coordinator for 4 years under parcells here, two in the 4-3 and two in the 3-4

Correct. Parcells has a huge amount of respect for Zimmer and let him stay despite the differences in scheme, out of respect for zims coaching ability.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Thanks. Memory is pretty shaky!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Correct. Parcells has a huge amount of respect for Zimmer and let him stay despite the differences in scheme, out of respect for zims coaching ability.

Parcells didn’t change the scheme until year 3.

It was zimmers defense in 03 and 04.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Umm Dallas played a 4-3 in 03 and 04 with zimmer as coordinator

Then Dallas played a 3-4 in 05 and 06 with zimmer as the coordinator.

Zimmer was giving info to the local media and trying to make parcells look bad for the 3-4 defense all year. Zimmer shines so much parcells let him play the 4-3 in week 17 vs Detroit since it was meaningless to prove a point. The defense didn’t play well again.

At the end of 06 zimmers contract was up and he went to Atalanta.

Yes technically the were a 3-4 team in 05 and 06 but they played more hybrid with mixing and matching since the personnel was mix of 3-4 types and 4-3 types. They just drafted Spears and Ware both coming from a college 4-3 defense where they were hand in the dirt DEs.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Not just nick saban.

If people really evaluated this and talked about what Miami did it explains a lot.

Miami said no to brees and then sent a 2nd round pick to Minnesota for Dante Culpepper

Nick Saban always gets the blame for this but his offensive staff during this year consisted of

Scott Linehan offensive coordinator
Jason Garrett qb coach
Derek Dooley tight ends coach
Hudson Houck offensive line coach
Judd Garrett offensive quality control.

Do you think this group had a big say in culpepper over brees? I sure do.

Same damn group that chose Dak over Romo last year and are making all the decisions on this teams offense right now.

Wow, great job pulling that up. That's ugly! LOL