Seems Hamlin, Tank and Killer like to party - 11/04/08

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Nav22;2402300 said:
...so you guys realize NFL players DO have lives outside of football, right?

You think they were the only guys in the NFL having a good time on Halloween?

You don't even know if they were drinking. For all you know, they were pounding Evians all night long and just having a good time.

I saw nothing incriminating from these photos. The only thing I've seen is sour grapes from unrealistic fans who think NFL players should live and breathe football 24-7 all season long.

How did YOU spend Halloween? Were you putting in extra work at the office? Somehow, I doubt it.

Are you kidding, dude?

They go to a party at a strip club, and yeah man, they're definitely drinking evians all night.

When it's Friday night and you have a huge game Sunday afternoon in New York, you shouldn't be taking a private jet anywhere for a party.

We may not have put extra hours in on Halloween, but they are professional football players whose jobs require extra work and dedication. What you said is an absolute joke.

Reaction score
Nav22;2402300 said:
...so you guys realize NFL players DO have lives outside of football, right?

You think they were the only guys in the NFL having a good time on Halloween?

You don't even know if they were drinking. For all you know, they were pounding Evians all night long and just having a good time.

I saw nothing incriminating from these photos. The only thing I've seen is sour grapes from unrealistic fans who think NFL players should live and breathe football 24-7 all season long.

How did YOU spend Halloween? Were you putting in extra work at the office? Somehow, I doubt it.

LOL..... they aren't allowed to have lives...;) They should be lifting and studying tape on Friday nights.

What would you be doing if you were in your mid twenties with a couple of g's in your pocket on Halloween night? Get real guys.

SixShooter

Reaction score
Nav22;2402310 said:
Give this man a raise! He clearly spent his Halloween going above and beyond the call of duty at his place of employment.

Otherwise, he would be an "unfocused" employee!

Enabler

sacase

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2402378 said:
Are you kidding, dude?

They go to a party at a strip club, and yeah man, they're definitely drinking evians all night.

When it's Friday night and you have a huge game Sunday afternoon in New York, you shouldn't be taking a private jet anywhere for a party.

We may not have put extra hours in on Halloween, but they are professional football players whose jobs require extra work and dedication. What you said is an absolute joke.

Some fans expectations are unbelieveable. These guys are allowed to have lives. They are not required to live football 24/7. As long as they are doing what is required of them, I have no problems. If they were skipping practice then there would be issues. But they are not. I would love to follow some of you around and complain about every little mistake that you made while you were working, then question your dedication to your job when you don't work 24/7.

Newflash, its a job to them. They get paid very well for it, but it is still a job. They are allowed to have lives. You cannot expect them to think football 24/7 during the season. Otherwise they would be burned out.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Who would stop them?

Wade? please.

Jerry? He probably gave them extra cash to have a good time.

Brian Stewart? again, please.

The sooner tank johnson is gone the better. Tank and hamlin offer nothing on the field. They do nothing, yet they are appointed leaders and the coach talks about them like they are some worldbeaters.

And its only going to get worse. Right now we have middle of the road players out doing this stuff, wait two years after a new coach is here and jerry is making every decision. We will have terrible players doing this stuff, like larrimore, goodrich etc......

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Considering Tank has been getting bullied the worst this year, I am starting to hate him more and more.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
If we were 8-1 or 7-2 nobody would be complaining, but at 5-4 we want to see the players show more dedication to improving.

It's time to step back when you realize that we care more than they do.

On another note, if I am going to get on a plane to go see girls, I would think the girls would be more attractive than that.

Surely there are prettier girls than that in Dallas.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Unless they are missing meetings or late for practice, I really don't have a problem with it. I don't see any drinks in anyones hands or a wild party going on in the background. It is alot to conclude from just three photo's.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I disagree with this notion that these guys shouldn't go out and party. Now, missing a late curfew or getting falling down drunk or hanging out with unsavory characters is another thing, but believe me...this happens all of the time in the NFL. In fact, it's more rare that something like this doesn't happen. The only real difference is that Tank, Hamlin, etc. went to an official party with a Web site...which is probably BETTER because it's likely to not have those unsavory characters and trouble isn't likely to happen.

On the Friday before the Pittsburgh vs. Seattle Super Bowl, a well known starter on the Steelers (and is often treated like a God by some posters on this board) was at the same party I was at in Atlanta (when the SB was in Detroit). He showed up for awhile, didn't get stupid drunk, didn't hang out with unsavory characters and after awhile he left and I'm assuming he flew back to Detroit and played his normal game and the Steelers wound up winning the Super Bowl.

Like I said, it's more rare that players are not out partying some day during the week.

YAKUZA

superpunk

Reaction score
It's a non-issue, really. Michael was taking the whole team out before gameday and getting them all women and cocaine and then they'd come out the next day and dominate.

The issue is that these guys aren't focused on the field on Sunday, but that has little to do with what they do off the field, IMO.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DC just put up some videos of the players partying and how down they are after the giant game big downer. If you listen to the videos, even jerry jones, you see the players just dont have a clue, what it takes to be a champion. And now seeing videos of tank, hamlin & davis these players just dont care about what it takes to be a champion and to be the best.

sure they want to be known as a good player, etc, but they dont have the drive, the desire, to pay the price to be a champion.

As far as one guy posting the players have a life, that is true, but i remember when i was young and in management, i wanted to be the best, so i worked 60 to 80 hours a week, sometimes more. I got recognition for what i was doing etc, and i knew that to do what i wanted, i had to work harder to stay on top etc.

These players have no clue what that means. Sure, deep down some do like jason witten, i think romo is slowly coming around, and T O cares too and wants to be the best. But the grunt workers, the guys that do the dirty work, slug it out in the line, open holes or stop them, they have no clue or respect for being called a Dallas Cowboy player that reflects on the team, and the fans and the city.

Need I remind you, what did tank johnson say when the public etc were getting down on adam jones, he said if the fans and public knew what he had been doing ever since he got to dallas they would be up in arms and wanting him out of dallas. Even Jerry Jones got onto him for saying that.

Till some players on this team like in the earlier days in the 90's with Nate Newton, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Charles Haley, Kevin Gogan, Ken Norton, Stepnoski the players that take no prisoners, take no BS from other players and they show them we dont do that in Dallas, and if you play wrong they hold you accountable and kick your rear end, till those players, leaders step forward, then this team will go no where, because we dont have a head coach like Jimmy Johnson that wouldnt put up with sloppy football, the dumb mistakes, and missing assignments in practice, or late for meetings.

Till those issues are fixed, and Jerry Jones makes the players accountable by saying if you dont do your job right, then you wont be getting a pay check from me anymore. I will go get someone else to do your job.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2402405 said:
LOL..... they aren't allowed to have lives...;) They should be lifting and studying tape on Friday nights.

What would you be doing if you were in your mid twenties with a couple of g's in your pocket on Halloween night? Get real guys.
NFL players are targets, and these 3 have a history of trouble.

What would I do? If I'm Ken Hamlin and I get beaten nearly to death outside of a club, no way -under normal circumstances- I'm going near a club.

DA FAN

Reaction score
The Titans won their game and I read that about 40 players came in on their "day off" to watch film, lift weights, etc...

We barely squeeked by the Bucs and Wade gets a game ball and gives the team 2 days off?

Something is really wrong here.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DA FAN;2402600 said:
LOL...

They have a few...:D

I have never seen them and I have been going to that area at least once a year for the last 10 yrs. :laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's a non-issue, really. Michael was taking the whole team out before gameday and getting them all women and cocaine and then they'd come out the next day and dominate.
And IMO that's one reason Jerry thinks it's no big deal when his players do this. Jerry's like the duckling who took to the first thing he saw and now thinks a battleship is his mother -- his first early success with the team had players who partied like crazy, and they won, so he thinks it's no big deal and doesn't affect them on the field. He doesn't get that a Michael Irvin who can and or will literally come in from partying straight to the practice field and practice so hard that he pukes is the extreme rarity.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that Jerry was quite the partier himself back in the day, either.

Meh. You guys who say it's no big deal and everyone who is young would do this... I don't agree with that. I remember when Parcells either said outright or strongly hinted that if you had a top position with one of the largest and most famous companies in the world, and you made hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars a year, you'd be expected to be 100% dedicated to your job. He's right about that and he's right that this is the same situation. Or at least it should be.

Now I agree that these pictures in and of themselves aren't that incriminating, but in general I think that during the season these guys should at least be staying in town and keeping it low key during the season.