Selling all my season tickets for profit this year

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Who was the last major free agent the Cowboys brought in?

Was it Terrell Owens? Over a decade ago?

Earl Thomas was the exact player needed to fortify the back end of this defense for next season.

Next season is already over, and it's only March. And sadly, they don't even care.

I'll be selling ALL of my season tickets this year, to opposing fans most likely, on the internet.

At least I'll make money, too.

The Joneses seem intent on preparing for an impending strike two years from now. As if they want to suck as much money out of this thing before it all implodes.

So I'll do the same.

I'll be watching a lot of Cleveland Browns football this year. Never thought I'd type that.

This is going to be a long, boring season. Not a stitch of excitement about it.
Don't put them up for sale too early. The Cowboys have a tendency to do well when expectations are lowest.

The Browns have a lot if talent on paper, but I have a feeling they are going to be finding their way in 2019.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Earl Thomas was the exact player needed to fortify the back end of this defense for next season.

Next season is already over, and it's only March. And sadly, they don't even care.

I'll be selling ALL of my season tickets this year, to opposing fans most likely, on the internet.

The Joneses seem intent on preparing for an impending strike two years from now. As if they want to suck as much money out of this thing before it all implodes.

So I'll do the same.

I'll be watching a lot of Cleveland Browns football this year. Never thought I'd type that.

Always love when people announce how little they care about something.

The formal thread really drives home how much you're over it.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The cap is a myth. You can sign whomever you want whenever you want by just moving money around.

The cap doubles every few years anyway. Another CBA is coming that will change it further.

The cap is a convenient excuse for owners to look trapped when they never are.
If this is true why are all these free agents available? Why would any good player ever be available? Ever?

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’m frustrated by their lack of urgency in free agency too. I really am angry about it. I thought they needed to be aggressive this year and clearly they aren’t going to be.

That being said, season is over already? Watching the Browns instead?

Come on man.
I see where he’s coming from - at least the Browns are trying.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
He'll be watching whatever game Romo calls, then he will come back here and post thread about how wonderful Romo is

Oh he doesn't have to tell us how wonderful Romo is - we all already know - except for the 5%ers.

DFWJC

Reaction score

So I'll do the same.

There were a couple of safeties already taken that I wouldn't have minded getting

Anyway:
  • The last major free agent was Brandon Carr--considered at the time to be one of , if not the top FA on the market. The 50 mil deal was considered colossal.
  • The last major player acquisition was made just last fall with acquisition of Amari Cooper.
The FA season isn't over by a long shot and plenty of other things coming up.

My guess is that you see a hard ceiling on what this team can do with the current QB.
Am I right?

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
45 years a fan, 15 as a season ticket holder with my dad, watched every game possible, including the last 7 Super Bowls.

No bigger fan than me.

But I know lack of commitment when I see it.

I'll support you if you try. But not if you quit.

They quit.
Sorry, erod. You sound like my twin brother. Nothing but excuses. True blue fans don't quit...ever. You quit just like him. What's worse, you now openly admit you are going to sell your season tickets to opposing fans... and for profit? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
People who have never invested anything more than a trip to BWW or an occasional jersey don't understand the feelings of those of us who have.
Bull. Control your hurt feelings and support the team no matter what.

JBS

Reaction score
Can't say I blame ya..as a matter of fact, I'd have to say great job more than anything else..I don't have season tickets, never have, but I used to go to at least one game a year..I haven't been to a game for the last two seasons..it's hard to understand what the mentality of the front office is...they aren't utilizing all of their resources to improve the team and it's beyond frustrating and this has been an issue for a while now..these division titles every now and then are not suffice for this franchise...I think you are making a great decision..Jerry has always been a marketing genius..he only cares about one thing..and thats taking our money and putting it in his pocket..the only way things will ever change is if more people start to make noise

DFWJC

Reaction score
Fake A fan. I’m as mad as I’ve ever been and never seen a SB. Couldn’t fathom not watching
He didn't say he wasn't going to watch. Just not paying thousands to watch live. And probably watching more games from other teams.
Not the same thing.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He said he has decided to make a profit off the Dallas Cowboys, just like a lot of people here's hero Jerry Jones.

I don't see the issue.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i am not going to stop watching or pulling for them I just think that as long as the crew we have is there some regular season wins and either miss the playoffs or one and done I think the talent is there just don't think the coaching is and as long as garrett is here I don't think it ever will be

conner01

Reaction score
If it's not about football anymore, I might as will get mine. Right?
If I owned tickets and wasn’t going to game I’d sell them
I personally rather watch games on my couch but I get the being there part
I once went to many games but all the travel and stuff got old
If I lived there I’d probably go more often

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here's the thing. The Ravens gave him 32 mil guaranteed. He's battled injuries the last 3 years. If he still has injury problems, they can't move on from him for a couple years without a hit to the cap. It's a high risk high reward signing. Besides, X Woods ain't our weak link.

I understand the pros and cons about Earl.

But The cowboys have done literally nothing to improve the team through FA. They signed one new player who is a back-up rotational DL at best.

There’s plenty more they could have done besides Earl Thomas.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jtqDjAK.gif