Selling all my season tickets for profit this year

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I like to think CowboysZone re-directs drama, real people in the real world would otherwise be on the receiving end, by it providing an emotional virtual outlet for members who do not cope well and need to vent. Probably saved one or two members from having a stroke too.
Lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I am from NY. If I was a season ticket holder and closer to the local news on the Cowboys I would probably have stopped being a fan. I agree - sell away. I am getting more depressed watching Junior take the helm. I often say he is Jerry without the charm. This franchise is screwed as long as the Jones family is involved.
I live in NY and still make home games. And the way I look at it, we've won the division and made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons, so there's plenty to be happy about without the self-loathing of the "last 20 years" BS.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There's a lot more about this league to stop supporting it - the cowboys underperforming i guess can be a bore, and I don't blame fans for tuning out. However, losing comes with football - so I don't tune out because of that.

I stopped helping NFL's revenue the best I can by cutting cable, not buying merchandise I see attached to the NFL. I'm still interested int he sport, I just don't like where the NFL is going and my biggest issue with it has been the policies and the way they are enforced. Flags, controversial calls, etc. just adds to me staying away from financially supporting the NFL.
The fact you can understand fans for quitting on the team is not a shock. At all.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The fact you can understand fans for quitting on the team is not a shock. At all.

I understand people tuning out when the team is no longer entertaining them. That's the entire point of this sport, or any sport, it's entertainment. LOL

Why do you even try to argue? I've never seen you win a single argument on this board or the other one where you got sent home packing with your ball.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Everyone always says don't spend money on FA's, but the Eagles and Rams did and they both reached the SB. We can't even get passed the divisional round. Let alone barely getting passed the wildcard round. Or even making the playoffs.

erod

Reaction score
IF the season tickets actually exist, why not be a real fan and offer them to Dallas fans?

Do you have a link where they are for sale? I know many who would be interested.

Sounds like you're a fair weather fan if you're admitting to watching Cleveland.
I have two sets, section C206 and 443. But I can get 3x for most games on the exchange. I always sell a couple games to cover costs in club, and the upstairs always pay for themselves. This year, I'm attending none of them.

Like Jerry, I'm in it for the money now. I'll watch at home.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I understand people tuning out when the team is no longer entertaining them. That's the entire point of this sport, or any sport, it's entertainment. LOL

Why do you even try to argue? I've never seen you win a single argument on this board or the other one where you got sent home packing with your ball.
I know you understand quitting. It’s quite obvious no matter how you try and sugar coat it. I’ve seen it play out in real life. Quitters are as easy to pick out as smokers.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have two sets, section C206 and 443. But I can get 3x for most games on the exchange. I always sell a couple games to cover costs in club, and the upstairs always pay for themselves. This year, I'm attending none of them.

Like Jerry, I'm in it for the money now. I'll watch at home.
Sure

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Who was the last major free agent the Cowboys brought in?

Was it Terrell Owens? Over a decade ago?

Earl Thomas was the exact player needed to fortify the back end of this defense for next season.

Next season is already over, and it's only March. And sadly, they don't even care.

I'll be selling ALL of my season tickets this year, to opposing fans most likely, on the internet.

At least I'll make money, too.

The Joneses seem intent on preparing for an impending strike two years from now. As if they want to suck as much money out of this thing before it all implodes.

So I'll do the same.

I'll be watching a lot of Cleveland Browns football this year. Never thought I'd type that.

This is going to be a long, boring season. Not a stitch of excitement about it.

Carr was the last big FA signing.

And we dont need those. We have had winning seasons the last 3 years. The concept is working.

What do you want? Have a big splash FAcy and then a medicore season ?! This team is in great shape. We can do whatever move we want - if we want. Better then 10 years ago where we had to reconstruct contracts and push our depts into the future just to sign one FA. And there were times we couldnt even do that. That concept haunted us for 5 years. It took alot of discipline to get out of that mess that the Joneses created with their alot-of-risk no-reward approach.

Still believe Stephen Jones and his stupid comment about the salary cap ? See were he is right now ? He is quiet and let others do the job. Others who know a thing or two. At least he accepts he doesnt know a thing.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Carr was the last big FA signing.

And we dont need those. We have had winning seasons the last 3 years. The concept is working.

What do you want? Have a big splash FAcy and then a medicore season ?! This team is in great shape. We can do whatever move we want - if we want. Better then 10 years ago where we reconstructed contracts and pushed our depts into the future just to sign one FA. And there were times we couldnt even do that.

Still believe Stephen Jones and his stupid comment about the salary cap ? See were he is right now ? He is quiet and let others do the job. Others who know a thing or two. At least he knows doesnt know a thing.

exactly Brandon Carr is a prime example of what can happen if you spend too much money and then it doesn't work. it's why I say to be careful what we wish for and not be so quick to want to get in on the free agency Rush. it's also why I think this team knows full well what happens if you spend too much money and then don't get the results that you're looking for from a player that you gave all that money to. I think that the same people that are complaining about not spending right now would be the same ones complaining about the players that we give too much money to.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For a first round pick. And they might lose him soon on a bidding war.

Who's the last big free agent they lured here?

I think it was Brandon Carr as of their people have mentioned, and I don't think that worked out very well for us, did it?