Senior Bowl Chatter....

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
quote="tm1119, post: 6536903, member: 5465"]If you can't tell with your eyes watching them play then there's no explanation that will help you. And if you haven't watched them go to YouTube and spend some time to formulate your own opinion and not ask people on a message board. Good enough answer for you?[/quote]lol you guys sure dont like being questioned on here. For such strong comments about the talent (falling off a cliff) after the top 3 I thought it would be a simple explanation.

And I'm not trying to be convinced, I just wanted to hear why things were being said. I have my opinion so I dont need help.

RS12

Reaction score
The top 3 have the best combination of arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, intelligence, leadership, toughness, etc. Basically the full gamut of QB play and how it's projected to the next level.

This shouldn't have needed to be said.

Carry on, expert.

You forgot raise the level play around him. Lynch for example surrounded by JV talent, leads Memphis to 9 wins. Fuente gets out of Dodge because he knows whats coming. Goff puts up big numbers and leads Cal to respectability with middling talent. Etc.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
If he has a confidence problem he couldn't fix in college, what's going to happen when he gets in the NFL? QBs have enough to project what they may eventually turn into. Now you're telling me confidence should be factored into my draft grade?

Circumstances have to be factored in. Most human react favourably in better circumstances. That really is human nature 101. That is what the NFL personnel was saying and i agree with him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Calm down before you spooge your pants. There are 4 QBs on the North roster....And they are all gonna get playing time. You will be lucky if you get to see him for maybe a drive or 2. And if the Cowboys are smart....they keep him under wraps....just handing the ball off on game day. Don't want anyone getting ancy and trading up before us.;)

Forget the game..

The practices are what are usually the most telling for the Senior Bowl players.

Reaction score
This is going to be VERY interesting week of practices with Wentz and Garrett working together.

If he looks good, we may have to move up to get him. The hype is ridiculous.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Circumstances have to be factored in. Most human react favourably in better circumstances. That really is human nature 101. That is what the NFL personnel was saying and i agree with him.

Circumstances are playing with a bad team and still managing to look decent. Getting sacked a lot because of a bad OL, but still standing tall. Those are circumstances. Having a confidence issue is not a circumstance. It's a negative that should absolutely affect his stock, especially when combined with how bad he's actually looked at Penn state. Like I said, he's not a top 100 guy, he's a complete project.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Most human beings don't excel a level higher than where they struggled.

If a player can't handle the speed of the game and pressure in college, what's going to happen in the NFL? I don't want to be the team that finds out.

RS12

Reaction score
Circumstances are playing with a bad team and still managing to look decent. Getting sacked a lot because of a bad OL, but still standing tall. Those are circumstances. Having a confidence issue is not a circumstance. It's a negative that should absolutely affect his stock, especially when combined with how bad he's actually looked at Penn state. Like I said, he's not a top 100 guy, he's a complete project.

One thing I noticed, when he got hurt in the bowl game vs Georgia, the backup came in and the offense was better.