Serious Question: Is Dak better now than Romo in his prime?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Stand by your own logic and don't pick and chose when to use it.

That's all I'm saying.

You lost me after the "southern education" dig. You don't know me at all. I've seen you allude that people that don't believe Dak walks on water must have some kind of reason other than football for that, then here you are judging someone from where you THINK they grew up, and I don't think it's cool at all.
Be in your feels just stating facts. I really dont care if i lost you tbh.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Be in your feels just stating facts. I really dont care if i lost you tbh.
I'm not in my feels.

I just think the "southern education" dig is very hypocritical coming from someone that thinks if people that don't think Dak walks on water they believe that because of reason outside of football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure even an Elite QB has much more success this era under our toxic atmosphere. Maybe a couple more playoff wins . But seriously, this franchise has so many other issues than just at QB.

We have an owner who won’t even let you bench star players .

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m not sure even an Elite QB has much more success this era under our toxic atmosphere. Maybe a couple more playoff wins . But seriously, this franchise has so many other issues than just at QB.

We have an owner who won’t even let you bench star players .
I think that is an excuse that Dak and Romo defenders like to cling too.

Actual elite QBs would have success here. Romo and Dak aren't special talents being held back. They are what they are.

Redline360

Reaction score
Jesus fn .....

People still using stat arguments to think a player is better. There's your small brain posters. Hell Dak is going to have better stats then any cowboys quarterback if he stays his current pace. He will never be an Aikman, Staubach, Romo if he doesn't continue to improve greatly. The quarterback game has involved tremendously since the Aikman era, hell it has even got much easier since Romo played.

If the league continues this quarteback safety **** 20 years from now Dak stats will look pedestrian.

Records already falling all over the place around the league and will continue to do so. How can people be this stupid is amazing honestly.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jesus fn .....

People still using stat arguments to think a player is better. There's your small brain posters. Hell Dak is going to have better stats then any cowboys quarterback if he stays his current pace. He will never be an Aikman, Staubach, Romo if he doesn't continue to improve greatly. The quarterback game has involved tremendously since the Aikman era, hell it has even got much easier since Romo played.

If the league continues this quarteback safety **** 20 years from now Dak stats will look pedestrian.

Records already falling all over the place around the league and will continue to do so. How can people be this stupid is amazing honestly.
Exactly.

The same people using these stats to say Dak is better than Romo will 100% use our next QBs stats to say he's better than Dak.

If these stats are what you base your opinions on when it comes to QB play then you have no clue what you're watching. You're just a box score looker.

csirl

Reaction score
Zzzzzzz.......Is Dak/Romo better than Jim Thorpe or [insert random historic NFL player ]

GMO415

Reaction score
They both are average. Neither one won anything of merit.

shabazz

Reaction score
Take away the turnovers and Romo may have been a Hall of Famer….a true gunslinger

Dakota is safe and average….won’t lose or win many games on his own. Vanilla

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak has improved and what not but I think Romo was greater with less

I think Romo was a better passer and scrambler but Dak is a better quarterback in clutch moments, a better runner and Dak has the better ability of availability. Dak is the overall better quarterback and thats why Dak took Romo's job and retired him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think Romo was a better passer and scrambler but Dak is a better quarterback in clutch moments, a better runner and Dak has the better ability of availability. Dak is the overall better quarterback and thats why Dak took Romo's job and retired him.
They both need carried by better much players around them.

Neither Dak or Romo has ever been the best player on the offense they led.

Redline360

Reaction score

How is Dak a better quarterback when Romo was the better passer, could read defenses better, controlled and ran the offense, scrambler. And no Dak is not a better clutch quarterback. Not even close.

Only thing Dak had on Romo is leadership ability and availability but quarterback skill wise just laughable.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Take away the turnovers and Romo may have been a Hall of Famer….a true gunslinger

Dakota is safe and average….won’t lose or win many games on his own. Vanilla

DC's consider it a vacation week before facing Dak.

Fans, opposing players, coaches, etc., were all watching when Tony was on the field. I have never heard anyone say they were tuning in to watch Dak play.