Video: Shango on Cowboys camp and Dak

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thats hilarious. His mental toughness is his strength. HE could care less that a handful of mental midgets didnt realize that the Oline went south and Zeke all went out at the same time. And in case any of those fools didnt notice, zeke is back and the Oline is stronger than ever.

You're absolutely right . . . I'm a mental midget -- everyone knows that here. I make sure to prove it on a daily basis. ;)

Last edited:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
So basically, he (Shango) is just a fan that takes the time to share his thoughts in video form. Cool. I have watched him a time or two and find him to be a bit childish and his take on certain players to be useless and off base, some of his stuff was good though, so I didn't know if he was an actual football person with a connection (which would have been embarrassing giving how he acts at time) or just a guy like me with some knowledge, thoughts and a passion for the boys.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I have no huge expectations for Dak this year and definitely am not making any rush to judgement in preseason and TC. I am not a believer, kinda on the fence, but what is going on right now does not adjust my opinion either way.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thankfully no one has dissed Shango's wife. THAT would be a ban worthy offense in my book crime. She is one of the primary reason's why I watch Shameless, mainly for her acting and, well, other reasons...

erod

Reaction score
I love Shango, but he's way off base here.

Don Meredith took a public beating here.

Danny White was virtually hung in effigy.

Half this town wanted Steve Beurlein over Troy Aikman in the early 90s.

Tony Romo was lambasted his entire time here by half the fan base.

And now Dak is supposed to get the kid gloves treatment? Especially after that junk he threw out there last year?

Please.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"don't make me take off my pink vgeegee hat and slap you" hands of my dakiepoo.

JustChip

Reaction score
He's some guy who screams random nonsense every once and a while....

Hmm...it seems that's no different than the vast majority of posters on here, the difference being he posting mechanism is video.

This is the first video I've ever seen of his and, IMO, it's pretty rational (aside from the genesis of the "too dumb" critique).

JustChip

Reaction score
I love Shango, but he's way off base here.

Don Meredith took a public beating here.

Danny White was virtually hung in effigy.

Half this town wanted Steve Beurlein over Troy Aikman in the early 90s.

Tony Romo was lambasted his entire time here by half the fan base.

And now Dak is supposed to get the kid gloves treatment? Especially after that junk he threw out there last year?

Please.

I don't remember a ground-swell of support for Beurlein over Aikman. Maybe there was I just don't remember, but there was definitely a large contingent that wanted Walsh over Aikman. Walsh was the "cerebral" QB and Aikman was the "dumb jock" QB. That team might've won 3 SBs with Walsh, or they might've won none.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't remember a ground-swell of support for Beurlein over Aikman. Maybe there was I just don't remember, but there was definitely a large contingent that wanted Walsh over Aikman. Walsh was the "cerebral" QB and Aikman was the "dumb jock" QB. That team might've won 3 SBs with Walsh, or they might've won none.

I remember an article about Walsh and Aikman shortly after Walsh got here. There was a practice, both quarterbacks throwing. Aikman threw a strike to a tightly covered receiver, Walsh threw a pass into the dirt at the receiver's feet.

Walsh was never a competitor to Aikman, Jimmy brought him in to show Troy anybody was subject to being replaced, and for trade bait (which they got in 1990, three picks).

The stories that Jimmy wanted Walsh instead of Aikman was just a front to pump up Walsh's value, didn't hurt of course that he had to play for Aikman when Aikman broke a finger, and won their only game in 1989...

JustChip

Reaction score
I remember an article about Walsh and Aikman shortly after Walsh got here. There was a practice, both quarterbacks throwing. Aikman threw a strike to a tightly covered receiver, Walsh threw a pass into the dirt at the receiver's feet.

Walsh was never a competitor to Aikman, Jimmy brought him in to show Troy anybody was subject to being replaced, and for trade bait (which they got in 1990, three picks).

The stories that Jimmy wanted Walsh instead of Aikman was just a front to pump up Walsh's value, didn't hurt of course that he had to play for Aikman when Aikman broke a finger, and won their only game in 1989...

Yep. I wasn't saying Jimmy or the team wanted Walsh over Aikman, but that that there was a significant number of fans that thought that. There always has been here - the backup QB is the most popular guy on the squad (Staubach being the exception).