Shannon Sharpe nailed it

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
If this offense can be balanced as it was yesterday it is going to the Superbowl. Run defense be damned. Most teams are built to stop the pass these days. The way the game is officiated now a truly dominant defense isnt possible over the course of a whole season. So I will settle for a good pass rush and a balanced offense and a Micah Parsons and see where the chips fall.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
We know what happens in the playoffs if you cannot stop the run. The niners showed us that last year.

They better figure out or the post season will be yet again a short one.
The voice in the wilderness…….yes indeed…..Green Bay may win in 2 weeks with Aaron Jones.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Run defense bad. I did not need Sharpe to note this (started the show with it) however it is clear that we are not going to the super bowl with this, Everyone here can pick and choose what it is they think is the problem or evade the problem altogether but it is staring them in the face and I have been correct all along. Fix that and we have a number one defense in the NFL. Don't fix it and we are sitting for the playoffs.

And the problem is magnified by an offense that will struggle to score and maybe not even score against better defenses. Middle of the pack Dak will not be able to outscore good running teams. It is that simple. Fix the run defense and maybe we have a slight chance.

with that trade we should be better be the run.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
If this offense can be balanced as it was yesterday it is going to the Superbowl. Run defense be damned. Most teams are built to stop the pass these days. The way the game is officiated now a truly dominant defense isnt possible over the course of a whole season. So I will settle for a good pass rush and a balanced offense and a Micah Parsons and see where the chips fall.
This offense is not a super bowl offense. PERIOD. And with a terrible run defense, doubly bad.

dckid

Reaction score
Run defense bad. I did not need Sharpe to note this (started the show with it) however it is clear that we are not going to the super bowl with this, Everyone here can pick and choose what it is they think is the problem or evade the problem altogether but it is staring them in the face and I have been correct all along. Fix that and we have a number one defense in the NFL. Don't fix it and we are sitting for the playoffs.

And the problem is magnified by an offense that will struggle to score and maybe not even score against better defenses. Middle of the pack Dak will not be able to outscore good running teams. It is that simple. Fix the run defense and maybe we have a slight chance.
The run defense is the biggest concern I agree with Shannon but that is an obvious weakness and I would hope the teams makes some adjustments in scheme and or personnel as required.
SF will just play action this defense to death, the over agressive nature will leave them vulnerable in the middle of the field. If the offense starts slow it will be very similar to last year in the playoffs.
The NFC is wide open, right now we are the 2nd best team in the conference, fix the run D and then be consistent on offense.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The Bears continuing to run the ball down multiple scores worked against them. Chicago kept chewing clock which limited their ability to make a come back.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The run defense is the biggest concern I agree with Shannon but that is an obvious weakness and I would hope the teams makes some adjustments in scheme and or personnel as required.
SF will just play action this defense to death, the over agressive nature will leave them vulnerable in the middle of the field. If the offense starts slow it will be very similar to last year in the playoffs.
The NFC is wide open, right now we are the 2nd best team in the conference, fix the run D and then be consistent on offense.
We are better than Minnesota and San Fran? Are you kidding me?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Again....you and you many followers just focus on next year. The rest of us knows there's a long season ahead

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Well since we have not seen this offense with this defense in a big game, should we not see it to down it yet? and again you said the offense couldnt keep up with a good rushing team when they just beat the best rushing team with 49 points....
That is cleary not what I said. My point is that Chicago has a terrible D and therefore we were able to score. A team with a good ground game and great defense will kill us ala Eagles and 49ers.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
That fact that you agree with a guy who's job it is to disagree with anything the other guys says sitting next to him shows that your opinion is based on nothing but your emotional thoughts. So since that's settled let's just move on. What did you think about the new top gun movie?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Again....you and your many followers just focus on next year. The rest of us knows there's a long season ahead
Might as well focus on next year because we are not getting past the best teams in this division or the NFC.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Plays to its potential? It never happens in big games and thats the problem. We dont have the scoring power in big games.
That is one of the big IF's.

New season. New attitude.

I'm going with 'cautiously optimistic' as we watch things play out.

While not a must win for the Cowboys, yesterday was a pretty good sized game for both teams. The Bears were playing for their playoff hopes and the Cowboys really don't want to fall another game behind the Eagles.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That is cleary not what I said. My point is that Chicago has a terrible D and therefore we were able to score. A team with a good ground game and great defense will kill us ala Eagles and 49ers.

Think of this..if Rush just plays his normal game that day we probably win that game.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

But the Bears are excellent at the run game and have a top 5 passing defense. So while run defense needs to improve, the fact that the Bears have a top running attack and passing defense shouldn't be glossed over. Since the Cowboys offense with Dak was able to outscore them.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Did our run defense cost us against the 49er or was it our offensive line breakdowns. Was the loss to Tampa because of our run defense or because we only scored three points. Was the loss to Philadelphia was because of our run defense or because we turned the ball over three times.:huh:

the answer is both on the last statement.