Shannon Sharpe nailed it

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Run defense bad. I did not need Sharpe to note this (started the show with it) however it is clear that we are not going to the super bowl with this, Everyone here can pick and choose what it is they think is the problem or evade the problem altogether but it is staring them in the face and I have been correct all along. Fix that and we have a number one defense in the NFL. Don't fix it and we are sitting for the playoffs.

And the problem is magnified by an offense that will struggle to score and maybe not even score against better defenses. Middle of the pack Dak will not be able to outscore good running teams. It is that simple. Fix the run defense and maybe we have a slight chance.

Could Dallas have stopped or limited the run if they concentrated on it yesterday? They had big lead and protecting against the pass and deep balls. they had a three score lead and Chicago was running well and killing out the clock at the same time. This played into the Cowboys hands milking the time on every Chicago possession.

Cmac

Reaction score
If you're going to have one flaw on offense or defense, run defense is the best choice.

If this offense plays to it's potential teams aren't going to run their way to outscoring us.

I know those are some big IFs.
....that sounds like a Big 12 coordinator.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Big plays would be the only way the Bears came back, again would love to have 2 all pro DT's but because we let the bears help us chew clock and did not come up to let them PA bomb us doesn't mean we suck.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak and the Cowboys actually just outscored the top running team in the NFL
And the only reason the game was even remotely close at times was because the league manipulated it with the officiating to keep it closer so people wouldn't turn it off.
Micah Parsons was being held every play.
The roughing the passer, The fumble.

The whole thing is just laughable the way they keep games close to hold the casual fans attention.

dckid

Reaction score
We are better than Minnesota and San Fran? Are you kidding me?
Yes Minnesota for sure. Have you watched any of their games this year? They are middle of the pack on both sides of the ball. Slow secondary.

SF is dangerous now, but they have injuries piling up and Jimmy makes a few dumb plays per game. They got us from a coaching perspective.
Shanahan is just a better coach than Big Mike and Kellen

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Run defense bad. I did not need Sharpe to note this (started the show with it) however it is clear that we are not going to the super bowl with this, Everyone here can pick and choose what it is they think is the problem or evade the problem altogether but it is staring them in the face and I have been correct all along. Fix that and we have a number one defense in the NFL. Don't fix it and we are sitting for the playoffs.

And the problem is magnified by an offense that will struggle to score and maybe not even score against better defenses. Middle of the pack Dak will not be able to outscore good running teams. It is that simple. Fix the run defense and maybe we have a slight chance.
You are definitely trolling, especially since all of the garbage you spewed about Dak was proven wrong with Dak and this Offense scoring 49 points and outscoring the league's #1 best rushing team by 20 points and against a Bears D that was ranked #15 or slightly better.

Hope you are given a timeout and your trollish thread locked down.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Here's what Sharpe actually said about the Cowboys;

all i would say to any one and skip and shannon the games arent played on paper they are played on the field i guess we will see though

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
This offense is not a super bowl offense. PERIOD. And with a terrible run defense, doubly bad.
LMAO!!!!
I LOVE when posters put in a statement the make it even bolder (in their eyes ) with a PERIOD… LOL
Yes because YOU stating YOUR OPINION followed by “PERIOD” makes it factual !!!!

get over yourself - your OPINION is noted, thanks - but don’t confuse YOUR opinion with facts

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Respectfully, way too early to be saying this
But but but —- didn’t you see the post where he said PERIOD??
I mean it has to be so ? Right ?
It’s factual ??
Time to stop watching and rooting for the cowboys!
Need to focus on our mock drafts and 2023 off season moves — I mean we don’t stand a chance — PERIOD!!!!
It’s gotta be so
He knows
He has the inside track on how the next 9 games will play out — I mean every team that is in the lead of their divisions 9 games in will most certainly be super bowl contenders and champs ? It has to be so
I mean injuries / weird losses - lil bit of luck never factors in -
LOL

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Even the Colts won the Super Bowl 2007 I believe), their run defense (really overall defense) was horrible in the regular season. But their Dvwasvgrest in the playoffs. I don’t know how or why, but they really turned it around in the post season.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
You know the Eagles averaged 3.5 yards a carry and we out ran them right?
It was the last drive that killed us. That's what I was referring to. If we could have stopped them, we might have had a chance.
You know the Eagles averaged 3.5 yards a carry and we out ran them right?
Guess I should have said it was the turnovers with the exception of the last eagles drive. Sealed the game.