Shannon Sharpe nailed it

Xeven

Reaction score
Bills are weak against Run. GB figured it out late but they could run all night on them.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
If the offense can start games like that and put us up 2-3 TDs that will have a lot of teams having to pass to keep up. Then our pass rush can just tee off. Sounds like a winning formula. Bears kept running because thats all they have 0 but they killed a lot of time going 75 yards running the ball, clock ticking away.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no doubt that our run defense isn't great right now, but it's also a work in progress. Damone Clark and Johnathan Hankins will surely improve, with more reps to be granted. Consider it a blessing in the bank! ;)

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
We know what happens in the playoffs if you cannot stop the run. The niners showed us that last year.

They better figure out or the post season will be yet again a short one.

Please don't forget to mention how we had 14 or 15 penalties in that game.

The only thing we need to figure out is STOP BEATING OURSELVES WITH PENALTIES!!!

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
How many teams in the NFC have better defenses than ours? A defense that can stop both pass and run, while playing from behind?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
OH ........I see somebody has learned to use a vpn

This posting style is awful familiar.

Redline360

Reaction score
Run defense will be the achilles heel in the playoffs. One outlier game agaisnt the bears mid season means nothing.

We have got off to notoriously slow starts in the playoffs with opposing teams running all over us.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Chicago's defense was a top 10 defense in the league and the Cowboys hung 42 on them.

So while I'd like to see the Dallas defense tighten up against the run, I don't think it is as big of an Achilles heel as some here do.

That being said extra attention needs to be paid to the Eagles run game as we are likely to see them 2 more times this season.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Two things here:

1) OP is a troll. He joined in September.

2) Thanks to analytics and advanced metrics, defending the run is secondary. It’s an afterthought. If the Bears want to rack up 50 bajillion yards rushing while down by 20 points in the fourth quarter, any defensive coordinator is going to say, “be my guest.” It’s gonna look pretty on the stat sheet, but you ain’t winnin’.
I am a troll because I joined the zone? That makes all of us trolls.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Dak and the Cowboys actually just outscored the top running team in the NFL
Thats not the top running team. Thats a team that has a Mike Vick type QB. Browns are top running team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will not be playing the Bears defense in the playoffs. We will be trying to outscore better defenses and keeping our fingers crossed we can get away with it.
Nor will we play teams that average almost 190 yards per game on the ground, or need to score 49 points to win.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Every one needs to pump the breaks a bit.

A team is down 20 and continuing to run is dumb. Of course they are going to get yards. The Packers had over 200 yards against the Bills on the ground and were like down multiple scores in the fourth. Justin Fields is probably the most athletic QB not named Lamar Jackson

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats not the top running team. Thats a team that has a Mike Vick type QB. Browns are top running team.
Guys like Michael Vick are part of the running game. There is no rule that says yardage on the ground only counts if it is gained by a player labeled as a RB.