Shaq Leonard update

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So if you had to choose between JerryWorld and the Star vs Lincoln Financial Stadium who u picking?! Kind of like a Lambo vs a Camry or a Prime Ribeye vs a Wopper.
I wouldn’t even play next to Philly let alone in it. But if it’s about winning a ring…..going to the best team doesn’t seem crazy.

Gambit

Reaction score
What does he gain by seeing the result of the game ?
It will show him which team wants him more. Win for me and I'll sign.

Disclaimer:
This post is humor and sarcasm

quickccc

Reaction score
With medical issues and exams aside, and if not a factor, , it'll be very interesting to see which playoff bound
team Shaq will decide to sign with ...

Cannot help but wonder if he was one of those many players who grew up a big Cowboys fan.
(and now gets a shot at his long time wish)

_sturt_

Reaction score
Cannot help but wonder if he was one of those many players who grew up a big Cowboys fan.
Me too. The legacy of the Tom Landry/Tex Schramm era still reverberating through the years is amazing... Cowboys fans are everywhere.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
From April about his injury.

Leonard was limited to sporadic playing time in three games last season, playing a total of 74 defensive snaps. He was sidelined by a combination of the back issues -- an impinged nerve was causing discomfort and creating a lack of power in his lower leg -- as well as a broken nose he sustained in a collision with teammate Zaire Franklin that was compounded by a concussion.

Ultimately, the back and calf issue was never fully resolved, and doctors advised a follow-up surgery. That, Leonard said, was when he finally accepted that his performance was subpar because he was not completely healthy.

"I'd see myself on the tape, and I look slow in the game," Leonard said. "People thought I was selfish [by] shutting it down and having the surgery. But I think the only thing selfish that I did last year was actually go out there and try to play. I felt like I hurt the team last year whenever I was on the field, and it sucks to kind of have to sit back and watch and see the bad plays and know it's not you."

But there are signs of progress, Leonard said. "I'm feeling way more confident, way more power, way more explosive," he said. So, [I'm] very optimistic of what the future holds.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...quille-leonard-says-2022-hardest-year-my-life

_sturt_

Reaction score
Personality wise, this guy seems such a fit for a Dan Quinn defense.

irishline

Reaction score
In other words, see who blinks and offers him more money.
First, he is still being paid by the Colts this year so unless someone wants to pay him more than the $8 million left in his contact (became guaranteed week 1 as a veteran) he isn't earning anymore money (the team that signs him pays what they offer, the Colts make up the rest to 8 million).

Second, the Eagles have less than $2.4 million in cap space (see part one above).

I surmise this has more to do with either the opportunity for playing time to showcase himself for free agency after the season, or a contract longer than this season since he is already paid. The chance at a championship would also be weighed in the I believe.

Gambit

Reaction score
First, he is still being paid by the Colts this year so unless someone wants to pay him more than the $8 million left of the table he isn't earning anymore money (the team that signs him pays what the offer, the Colts make up the rest to 8 million).

Second, the Eagles have less than $2.4 million in cap space (see part one above).
Good point.

I

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I haven’t watched him play a single snap in years. 1. Is he better than what we have now 2. Does he improve the team or is he a progress blocker 3. Is he a 2 down LB… asking for a friend.

Jarntt

Reaction score
First, he is still being paid by the Colts this year so unless someone wants to pay him more than the $8 million left in his contact (became guaranteed week 1 as a veteran) he isn't earning anymore money (the team that signs him pays what they offer, the Colts make up the rest to 8 million).

I surmise this has more to do with either the opportunity for playing time to showcase himself for free agency after the season, or a contract longer than this season since he is already paid. The chance at a championship would also be weighed in the I believe.
My point is that he is probably NOT looking for just a 2023 contract. That will likely be the determining factor in where he signs IF a team ponies up a decent 2 or 3 year deal and a SB wouldn't hurt either

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He still might sign with the Eagles. But it's clear that him leaving Dallas without a deal was more about him wanting to weigh his options on which team to go to. Rather than it was on the front office not offering up a good deal to appeal him to sign with the Cowboys.
Yeah, but he still might sign with the Cowboys, and he still might not sign with either team, but another team.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
My point is that he is probably NOT looking for just a 2023 contract. That will likely be the determining factor in where he signs IF a team ponies up a decent 2 or 3 year deal and a SB wouldn't hurt either
I think with most guys like him it's about playing time. They want to play. Sometimes it's more than money. I don't know the guy, so I don't know his modus operandi.

Status
Not open for further replies.