Shaq Leonard update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rags747

Reaction score
Eagles players don't live in Philly, usually they live in NJ. Jason Peters lived in Connecticut.
That’s all fine and good but they still have state income taxes and $2m in Jersey or Ct don’t buy as much as $2m in Texas I don’t believe.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Go to the Colts message board and read about this guy.

"Shell of his former self"
"On the sharp decline"
" no impact plays"
"Gets washed out in the run game"
"Cut him"

And on and on and on.

Fans tend to know when their players have run out of gas.

I wouldn't sweat too much if we don't sign him.

Here's a possibility nobody has mentioned: what if we haven't heard about any signing because neither team wanted him after meeting with him?
Do fans know? Do they? There’s a thousand on this board who think they do but don’t.

Loso86

Reaction score
Do fans know? Do they? There’s a thousand on this board who think they do but don’t.
Most fans don't know a thing, but swear they do or that their opinion matters or should matter!

Praxit

Reaction score
I don’t think players think that way for teams that are close. They can literally make teams better or worse
..good point. But think about it. Leonard hasn't won squat in his career.

He's 28, with body surgeries. His prime is almost spent. Might have couple of good years left.

That would be something definitely on my mind.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Go to the Colts message board and read about this guy.

"Shell of his former self"
"On the sharp declune"
" no impact plays"
"Gets washed out in the run game"
"Cut him"

And on and on and on.

Fans tend to know when their players have run out of gas.

I wouldn't sweat too much if we don't sign him.

Here's a possibility nobody has mentioned: what if we haven't heard about any signing because neither team wanted him after meeting with him?
Your averag dedicated fan can see the difference in a guy at his peak vs the same player when he has declined.

People in here may not know the best type of coverage to run against 11 vs 12 personnel.....but they can see the difference between Zeke from 2018 and Zeke from 2023. And Cowboy fans would see that decline more than any other fanbase.

So to answere your 2 questions: Yes the fans know,...and your 2nd question: yes the fans know

stinkface

Reaction score
Their GM screwed up. Cap boy offered a fair offer. Guess a whata burger and fries wasn't enough?

Disclaimer:
This post is 1009% sarcasm, with a tad bit of sardonic flavoring added.
Really Whataburger or Gino's Cheese Steaks? Which one would you take?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That’s all fine and good but they still have state income taxes and $2m in Jersey or Ct don’t buy as much as $2m in Texas I don’t believe.
The city of Philadelphia is one of a handful of cities that has a “special” tax” on pro athletes playing a game in the city. New York City has it as well. Which is why the owners of the Jets and Giants are in no itching hurry for a stadium in New York. Agents calculate that into value of contracts, though, so players get theirs, and agents definitely get their’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.