Shaun Chapas RB Georgia

Merlin

Reaction score
Mcshay says he is an upgrade over Gronskowski and should be the starter.

802dave

Reaction score
TheCount;3934523 said:
I'm not going to argue a FB but Chupas is going to have to blow Gronkowski away to suplant a dude with a year in the system already. I'm no huge gronk fan, but we aren't carrying two FB's and we don't like playing rookies in protection.

Better use Gronkowski then or Romo might get hurt... /sarcasm off

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3934566 said:
Garretts office utilizes the TE in the FB/H-Back role.

He is 100% correct. If Phillips would not have been hurt, Gronk would of never made the team.

Has nothing to do with whether Chapas would make the team though.

Phillips made the team as a rookie as the 3rd TE in 2009, and we also carried a FB. And the FB played.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934556 said:
Chapas is a FB. Phillips is the 3rd TE

Phillips is not the lead blocker Chapas is.

Really cofused on what Cowboys team you've been watching the last two years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
johnnyd;3934567 said:
espn showing the chapas love

jblaze2004;3934568 said:
in the highlights they showed on espn he atleast blocked his man but he also got knocked back
NFL Network did the same thing.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934571 said:
All you have done is complain on the forementioned basis for 7 picks. Its gotten old.

While i am trying to learn about a player. People like yourself start blasting it without knowing a damn thing about the payer.

He played FB. That was his position at UG but you start off by claiming he wasn't. It doesnt help anyone to spread misinformation.

Seriously, quit drinking.

I haven't read a thing you've posted all draft, feel free to return the favor.

I didn't mean to say he he hadn't played fullback, not sure where I was going with that.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
dbair1967;3934572 said:
OK.

Just isnt a surprise to me at all that we took a FB. I've been thinking we would all offseason.

And this guy was my #1 hope for FB because he isnt one dimensional and he isnt a stiff. He can move and catch in addition to block.

I have no problem with the pick, just don't know much about him and don't see a roster spot for him. Dallas is not going to keep 3 RB's/3 TE's and a FB on the active roster and Garrett's offense does not require a true FB. Unless John Phillips struggles I dont see how he makes the team.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I wonder if he is there in case Phillips is slow to recover from knee injury. Can take awhile sometimes, so we take the pure FB to replace Gronkowski (who also had a minor off the field issue this last offseason no) and then use this guy in case of slow return by Phillips or on the rate occassion we need a true fullback. Special teams also I guess. He can go in as blocker and contribute right away for the few plays he'd need to learn....

Without Phillips we don't really have a true hybrid blocker in there.

Probably wouldn't put Bennett in there, and Witten isn't worth risking in there. So we need the shorter power base blocker sometimes.

Woods

Reaction score
nyc;3934576 said:
He will replace Gronk.

If we can get a Day 1 starter in Round 7, it can't be all bad . . . .

I really, really like what we're doing this draft.

At least our running game should be improved this coming season.

New OT, RB, and FB.

btcutter

Reaction score
If he is blocking for Felix Jones, we got the OLDEST LOOKING RBs in the league. :lmao:

If I can only figure out how to post their photos!:lmao:

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934579 said:
Has nothing to do with whether Chapas would make the team though.

Phillips made the team as a rookie as the 3rd TE in 2009, and we also carried a FB. And the FB played.

I'm sorry dbair, I'm actually kind of as much in shock that you know so little about the Cowboys offense as you were that I had no idea who this kid is.

cml750

Reaction score
TheCount;3934558 said:
Exactly, because Gronkowski was a rookie. You think this dude will make no mistakes if he were a starter next year?

I was really just joking hence the LOL at the end. I know nothing about the new draftee but he apparently has been a FB his whole career and Gronkowski was a converted linebacker. Gronkowski didn't do too bad a job except for his big blunder that cost Romo but a little competition is always a good thing.:)

Nirvana

Reaction score
TheCount;3934523 said:
I'm not going to argue a FB but Chupas is going to have to blow Gronkowski away to surplant a dude with a year in the system already. I'm no huge gronk fan, but we aren't carrying two FB's and we don't like playing rookies in protection.

Don't be an *******.

Gronk is out of here dude. This also let's players know not to miss their blocking assignments.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3934582 said:
Really cofused on what Cowboys team you've been watching the last two years.

Guess you missed Deon Anderson being the FB for 3yrs from 2007-2009 huh?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
TheCount;3934585 said:
I haven't read a thing you've posted all draft, feel free to return the favor.

:lmao:

What a whiner.

You are acting like Nors and eduncan.

No, i am not kidding. What you are doing is EXACTLY what they would do on draft day.

COMPLAIN about every single pick and start spouting off the hip when they did not have good information.

I am going to call you on it. If you do not like it then put me on ignore.

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934597 said:
Guess you missed Deon Anderson being the FB for 3yrs from 2007-2009 huh?

What year was John Phillips drafted?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3934575 said:
[youtube]67S2WFJpmTE[/youtube]

Mentioned wantings to date Jessica Simpson around the one minute mark. Looks like Romo will have the kid destroyed in training camp :laugh2: .