Shaun Chapas RB Georgia

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3934612 said:
Given Bennett is back and Phillips is healthy I'll bet my first born he won't and if he does he will be on the practice squad in case one of the TE's goes down.

I'll be happy to take that bet. Unless he gets hurt, he'll make the team.

We kept 3 RB's, 3 TE's and a FB every year from 2007-2009. And they all played on almost a weekly basis.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934627 said:
Phillips was hurt in TC before Anderson was cut.

That was this year. We're talking about 2009, when Anderson played in every game and started nine of them.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
dbair1967;3934633 said:
They did exactly that from 2007-2009

We are going to have to agree to disagree. We are just going to go around in circles. I have my reasons to believe they wont, you have 2 seasons they will.

It's not the worst thing to happen to either one of us.

I think your confusing me with others who because I don't know the guy that well hope he fails and the world implodes. I hope he becomes the next Moose.

I just dont see a role for him or any true FB.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934623 said:
I am just asking you to calm down and learn about players before going off.
I know your vision of how this was to be did not happen.
its going to be okay.

Have I said anything to suggest I'm not calm?

I'm underwhelmed by the methology, but if you actually bothered to read my posts, I had positive things to say about every player we've selected.

What I've questioned in the strategy, not the players. I actually liked Carter, Smith, Murray and Harris. Especially Harris. Somehow, you've managed to overlook that though.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
We kept more OL and LB's on the team than in years' past lats year, probably because we had injuries and a lot of age, so yeah, if Phillips doesn't get hurt, Gronk doesn't make the team. I think this year, you'll see 3 TE's and a FB. I think Chapas will most likely replace one of the ST LB's.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cml750;3934593 said:
I was really just joking hence the LOL at the end. I know nothing about the new draftee but he apparently has been a FB his whole career and Gronkowski was a converted linebacker. Gronkowski didn't do too bad a job except for his big blunder that cost Romo but a little competition is always a good thing.:)
Gronk was a TE/H-back in college.

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934637 said:
I'll be happy to take that bet. Unless he gets hurt, he'll make the team.

We kept 3 RB's, 3 TE's and a FB every year from 2007-2009. And they all played on almost a weekly basis.

You will give him back after a week. He will eat you out of house and home.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SDogo;3934629 said:
No he was hurt in a preseason game.

Anderson was still on the squad and TC and PS overlap.

We will keep 4 TE/FB/F-back types.

There are plenty of scenarios where Chapas fits into that esp if he plays ST.

Witten/Bennett/Phillips/Chapas comes to mind.

It was Witten/Bennet/Phillips/Anderson then it was Witten/Bennett/Rucker/Gronkowski last year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3934626 said:
Until Phillips showed he can play then we dumped the FB for 3 TE's.

Anderson got dumped in part because he got into trouble.

The other issue with him is what I mentioned before. He was nothing more than an extra blocker. When he was in games teams could easily key on the run, and even if it was a pass they really didnt have to account for him because he was no threat as a receiver.

Thats why they used John Phillips in alot of formations in lieu of Anderson. He wasnt as good a blocker, but he was ok at it and was a far superior receiver. Teams at least didnt know what was coming.

A true FB that can do different things though can help an offense, especially in short yardage situations. And we've sucked in short yardage and goalline situations for a long time.

SDogo

Reaction score
catch up guys, I'm done ;)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
14bta3l.jpg

RS12

Reaction score
Gets this way every year in the off season. Like a back yard steel cage brawl. Even worse right before TC.

Nirvana

Reaction score
If the kid can play special teams (he can I bet) they will find a roster spot for him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3934642 said:
We are going to have to agree to disagree. We are just going to go around in circles. I have my reasons to believe they wont, you have 2 seasons they will.

It's not the worst thing to happen to either one of us.

I think your confusing me with others who because I don't know the guy that well hope he fails and the world implodes. I hope he becomes the next Moose.

I just dont see a role for him or any true FB.

I dont care that you didnt know who he was.

But you were wrong to assume just because John Phillips might be back that there'd be no spot for a FB. We had a FB, 3 RB's and 3 TE's on the roster in 2007, 2008 and 2009. And they all played extensively.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shaun Chapas, along with DeMarco Murray, were both drafted in the hope that they can shore up Tony Romo's protection in passing situations. Where will Jason Garrett want John Phillips on many of those downs? In the backfield protecting Romo or running a pass pattern?

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934658 said:

But you were wrong to assume just because John Phillips might be back that there'd be no spot for a FB. We had a FB, 3 RB's and 3 TE's on the roster in 2007, 2008 and 2009. And they all played extensively.

Maybe you mis understood the part that we will have to agree to disagree because I dont feel I'm wrong and believe I'm right. Things have changed.............

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934658 said:

Why would JG draft him if he had no use for him?