1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Should Cowboys trade for Jamal Adams?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by blindzebra, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

4,313 Messages
    5,119 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

2. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

4,313 Messages
    5,119 Likes Received
    :thumbdown: Just in case you didn't get the picture the first time. --JK.

3. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

22,114 Messages
    53,429 Likes Received

stasheroo likes this.
  4. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    Not only that, Adam's in the unquestioned leader of that defense....something Dallas is somehow missing despite several highly paid vets.

It's almost as if 55 needs to step up and take that.

5. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

3,560 Messages
    4,245 Likes Received
    sometime we like to outsmart our selves to seem relevant. When we step back we see just how silly it becomes.

6. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

18,655 Messages
    15,306 Likes Received
    I think a lot of people confuse the questions "would you like to have _________________ (player name) …" with "should we trade for _________________ (player name) …". They are very different questions.

stasheroo likes this.
  7. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

17,921 Messages
    20,603 Likes Received
    only if the price is right.
    multiple picks...no.
    1 pick....sure...why the hell not.

8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,237 Messages
    35,323 Likes Received
    No

9. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

3,197 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    No it would be for the Cowboys #17 this years Draft and possibly future pick in the 2021 Draft

10. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

4,632 Messages
    2,868 Likes Received
    Somebody on the defense has to, that's for sure. I'm wondering if McCoy is that guy...

stasheroo likes this.
  11. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    1,602 Likes Received
    And Adams will be wanting a monster deal after this year. No thanks!

Tangle_Foot and stasheroo like this.
  12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

31,552 Messages
    21,881 Likes Received
    Now you have objectively shown yourself to be an unreliable witness. you can post as many videos as you want. The last ones were poor for your argument as well.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jamal-adams?id=2557979

Adams was 214 at his combine. This notion that McKinney will put on 15 lbs easily and with no effect to his athleticism is nonsense.

There is a reason Adams was a top 10 prospect and McKinney is not. It's not hard to see frankly.

big dog cowboy and TwoDeep3 like this.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    Based on past reputation, he would be my pick.

Stand-up guy.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  14. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    Jets beat writer Manish Mehta formulated what he considered the best case scenario and contract offer:

"There’s a litany of paths in these high-stakes negotiations, but here’s the best road for the heartbeat of the franchise: A three-year, fully guaranteed $54 million extension to tack on to his existing two years. Adams is scheduled to earn $3.5 million in the fourth year of his rookie contract. The Jets will pick up the fifth-year option. Under terms of the proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement that’s on track to be voted on in the coming week or so, fifth-year options are no longer tied to draft position. Instead, a player, who has made at least two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, will get the guaranteed amount of the franchise tag value. The tag for safeties is roughly $12.7 million.

So, Adams is set to make about $16 million in 2020 and 2021. That jumps to about $70 million over five years when you include the three-year fully guaranteed extension. The Falcons employed a similar strategy before the 2019 season by giving Pro Bowl wide receiver Julio Jones a three-year, guaranteed $66 million extension (with $64 million guaranteed at signing) with two years left on his existing deal. Atlanta essentially moved the money in those two years to the back end of the five-year window.

The Jets could adopt a similar framework for Adams with a structure that could discourage the player from holding out after three seasons by instituting high reporting bonuses. Regardless, it would be a terrific deal for Adams, who has become the engine of the team."

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0200304-amrz7lwvjbgqxigdamqvssrliq-story.html

I would ask anyone advocating trading for him if they would be happy with that deal and costs?

charron likes this.
  15. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

4,418 Messages
    2,399 Likes Received
    I think with our current depth we may be able to get away without drafting in the first round. I'll go edge, db , dl.

16. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,166 Messages
    9,107 Likes Received
    I like Dix and Woods but they probably aren't enough against the better quarterbacks. Especially since we just lost a starting (albeit over-rated) CB.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  17. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    Say that out loud!
    :lmao:

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  18. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,640 Messages
    7,528 Likes Received
    If you think that you are a Safety away from going where you want to go, why wouldn't you make this trade? I don't personally believe that, but if the team does, I hope they pull the trigger.

19. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,025 Messages
    26,481 Likes Received
    Its so hard to know though. Clinton Dix just a few years ago was considered one of the better safeties in the league. Woods makes plays for us and has never played alongside a vet like Clinton-Dix. I think we are going to be ok at safety. I think as usual its gonna come down to scheme. The biggest mystery thus far in the staff is Mike Nolan.

LACowboysFan1 and stasheroo like this.
  20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,025 Messages
    26,481 Likes Received
    Well I think honestly you are never a "safety" away. Just like you are never a "corner" away. There are some things you can win with in this league consistently. There are some things you can't. We've seen that for the most part you need good quarterback play to win in this league consistently. You need good coaching. You don't need a player the caliber of Jamal Adams to win in this league.

stasheroo likes this.