CFZ Should Dak Prescott be paid the up and coming contract?

starfan1

Reaction score
Whatever bud. If you can't make your point in a few sentences...or even a couple paragraphs...you're just a blow hard.

I just watch football...that's it. I leave the pristine NFL expertise to the likes of you. You know...since you guys have your own Lombardi's and such. EXPERTS!
Me personally I’m ready for wheelchair and walking cane octogon

Bunch of old farts sprinkled in with a bit of youth talking garbage on a forum message board

Gotta love it! This is what Jerry has done

CCBoy

Reaction score
A Cowboy nation divided......... :facepalm:

Ya, I've seen a 7-year body of work from Dak and don't believe in unicorns.
He has had major talent around in those 7 years and produced (For the price) squat.
Now we're looking to do what waste another new talent pool for this inept fraud of a QB?
Dak will crap the bed, fans will boo, and Jerry has a massive issue coming home (taking into consideration the cap) and what will occur is yet to be decided.
Let's all wait for this to play out once again and anything the Jones boys decide really won't surprise me as 30 years of hunger doesn't come easy.

Really? You've been looking at that body for seven years... :muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys have a choice coming up. They have a lot of very good players and they won't be able to keep everyone if they sign Dak too. If some of us ran the team they wouldn't need a QB right now!
Who would be our QB right now if you ran the team? Lol I’ve seen some of the names that have come up to replace Dak and they’re all castoffs with losing records. The Cowboys could re-sign every good player they have and if they don’t have a viable QB they would fall further behind Philly and won’t be making the playoffs. If Daniel Jones continues to develop the Cowboys would have a tough time getting past the Giants with the QB we would be stuck with if you and some others ran the team. We would be in the same boat as Washington.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Type or style does not affect a controlling feature of total yardage and time on clock. That remains the constant...not hide the truth excuses.
I have a lot of these guys blocked that you're talking too.

however just in case they're reading this my sentences look like run on because I use text to talk but whatever way you're viewing them is more the issue on your page, I'm using a PC, there are plenty of spaces and paragraphs,

that's one,

for two so they're saying that he threw for a lot less attempts and yardage and yet still had a lot of interceptions for a 14 game season and for the playoffs???

I mean is that what we're saying we're saying the guy threw a lot less because of the era so that's why he could lead the league with 3500 yards and it be looked at as great but that means there was a lot less attempts correct so a lot less attempts means there was a lot more mistakes being made per attempt hmmmmm

hard to swallow isn't it some of these people are trying to make their narratives because of era or things were different nonsense..

no, an interception counted as an interception and if you were doing it more often than that's still mistakes in any era having 16 interceptions in a 14 games season will be a lot

oh you mean like when Prescott had 15 interceptions in 12 games it's supposed to be different? How about the fact that also Prescott had 25 touchdowns in that short amount of time which put him in top ten in the league in touchdowns last year in a shortened season for him

kskboys

Reaction score
Present it instead of coulda' woulda' shoulda'...fewer games.
This makes no sense. There were 2/3 fewer games per season. A common passing yardage total for today's NFL for the best QB's is around 5,000.

5,000/17 games = 294 yds/game. 3,200/14 games = 228 yds/game.

Not close.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Bunch of old farts sprinkled in with a bit of youth talking garbage on a forum message board

Naw that is your contribution based really upon one's own arrogance and hype, not facts...and yet, one's own stockpile of excuse #4,000+ that never pass by a Jerry or Dak.

Age/page...a 'hyped insult.' Ignorant stereotypes full of insult.

Try winning a discussion beyond one's own vain glories...and yours piles up quicker!

Now try jumping right in there into the real discussion and not as a critic of football. Even football doesn't know who you are.

starfan1

Reaction score
Naw that is your contribution based really upon one's own arrogance and hype, not facts...and yet, one's own stockpile of excuse #4,000+ that never pass by a Jerry or Dak. Age/page...a 'hyped insult.'
You don’t believe Jerry has contributed to dividing this fan base?
You don’t believe there’s a boatload of old farts going back and forth with each other?

Maybe you misunderstood my joke or I misunderstood what you’re saying

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who would be our QB right now if you ran the team? Lol I’ve seen some of the names that have come up to replace Dak and they’re all castoffs with losing records. The Cowboys could re-sign every good player they have and if they don’t have a viable QB they would fall further behind Philly and won’t be making the playoffs. If Daniel Jones continues to develop the Cowboys would have a tough time getting past the Giants with the QB we would be stuck with if you and some others ran the team. We would be in the same boat as Washington.
:hammer:

CCBoy

Reaction score
You don’t believe Jerry has contributed to dividing this fan base?
You don’t believe there’s a boatload of old farts going back and forth with each other?

Maybe you misunderstood my joke or I misunderstood what you’re saying
Go back to a High School football game and relearn what a fan is! Jerry, hairy, Larry...carry, safarie...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The million dollar question, or should I say the 200 million dollar question.

As others have stated the Cowboys have not prepared for this moment by drafting or signing a suitable replacement for Dak is his demands are outrageous. They can't trade him and they can't franchise him. If he asks for $60 million per year they have no choice but to pay him. Letting him walk means tanking when they are so close to their goal.

The Cowboys have proven they are not good at this. Most teams would have drafted a backup plan and at least had something to fall back to if Dak holds them for ransom. Not Jerry. He will pay Dak, hold a big news conference to pat himself on the back and proclaim Dak is the guy to get them to a super bowl no matter what the history tells us about him and this team.

They have tried to build a quality team around Dak I assume hoping that the quality of the roster can get Dak over the hump. But if they pay Dak a kings fortune that may not be possible in the future. This would seem to be the yar they get it done or we wait 10 more years.

Maybe they are not wrong, the Joneses. Looking back over the years of Carter, Bledsoe, Hutchinson and all the other misfits and retreads, maybe when you find a decent QB you commit to him and hope for the best. No one wants a repeat of those years after Aikman retired.
well the flaw in that view , is it wasnt the qb's, it was the coaching, and the GM.
The cowboys were bad from they year after SB 30 onward. They still had the tripletts,deion and others, but they were one and done in playoffs,
usually the wc round.
Back then Jerry and his boy were horrible at running the team ( the galloway trade lol)

You shouldnt be afraid to get another qb, because you might get one who isnt very good.
Now with the jones boys picking the next qb, whether by trade, FA , or Draft, I admit I dont trust them to make a good pick.
Gus like romo, dak, purdy are out there and at a much cheaper price than dak, and younger too.

If your going to build a super team around dak, his salary inhibits that, and they would be better off with a guy like dinucci ,perez, or McDough,
which would give them about 37 mil extra or more considering daks new deal to put more players around a young cheap QB.

some history:
Chan gailey years , one and done, The GM fired him, and made campo HC , then the campo years.

I remember the qb , whoever it might be, being tackled before he could get set to pass, and many times on handoffs a defender would
be hitting them as they were trying to do the handoff!!
That has nothing to do with how good the qb, or rb is, it is all on coaching and OL quality.

Campo was a Def coach and the def was pretty good , but the offense was a mess.

Jerry wants the new stadium, and to be a better team, so he hires a too old parcells, the team improves plays better on offense, and jerry got
his stadium. After parcells he hires wade to be HC and saddles him with JG who controls the offense much like the deal with kellen and mike.

Then romo gets hurt out for season, and jerry blames wade for a big loss on mnf ,even though offense was embarrassed too, makes JG HC.
Little did we know that was the beginning of a 10 year run with clapper.
Then he hires mike out of his basement, because he heard "bells" ! saddled him with kellen who controlled the offense, then after 3 years
he dumps kellen and it is all mike now.

even though the jones boys are better at team building (they have built several good ones) they hurt the team they built with their own
actions and inactions, so that team has always failed in playoffs.
I think jerry is getting desperate now to get to a SB, so he got rid of kellen quickly and actually got 2 notable FA this off season.

All this tells me he will stick with dak due to he wants to win now, and doesnt want to risk a new qb, he will stay with the "best mistake corrector " he has ever seen.

It is a mistake , but that is what he will do.

Keep in mind, the only reason KC has Mahomes, is they took a risk, took a young qb in the draft, even though they had a starter who was as good or better
than dak. bellichek had bledsoe, but decided to take a risk on brady. dallas had romo, but decided to grab dak in the 4th. dak was supposed to be
a quality bkup or remote chance of being a starter.
meanwhile jerry has done nothing at qb since 2016, they did pick dinucci, but dumped him too soon. I am curious to see what payton does with him
in denver. I bet the first time russell is hurt , he will put dinucci in.

starfan1

Reaction score
Go back to a High School football game and relearn what a fan is! Jerry, hairy, Larry...carry, safarie...
Fan is short for fanatic I get that . So you feel this is standard interaction ok it’s all good

My guess is there are fans on this board that don’t care for one another or at least what they represent here

It was a joke lighten up Francis

blueblood70

Reaction score
This makes no sense. There were 2/3 fewer games per season. A common passing yardage total for today's NFL for the best QB's is around 5,000.

5,000/17 games = 294 yds/game. 3,200/14 games = 228 yds/game.

Not close.
First off common is not 5000 yards. Last year Patrick mahomes was the only one to do it and there were some that were close..

that's barely one or two quarterbacks doing that in a season out of 32.. So just let's use last year you go past the 9th quarterback in the league in yardage all the rest didn't even break 4000 yards so this common thing is ironic that it's not common, So 23 quarterbacks did not even break 4000 yards.. the 9th qb on the list 4117 that's 5k to you?

we haven't seen it yet be the norm that's more like 4200-4500 yards per game maybe would be the so called average for today.

So we could take this whole less game argument to the other side,

let's keep talking about the interceptions from Prescott last year he did it in 12 games there was a 14 game season and somehow Roger Staubach had a lot of interceptions

so he threw less, made more mistakes on better teams with Better coaches.

and that's some arguments being made for era,

oh I'm sorry not going to work here not for me never will...

that's why I'm not even listening to this garbage common passing yardage you already started off wrong it is not 5000 yards. I mean it's edging towards that since we went to 17 games but it's very rare still, maybe not in the future but let's calm down...

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers would be the QB this year instead of with the Jets if I ran things. Much, MUCH better chance to win a SB with a real QB.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
2024 Draft Dallas trades Micah, Tyler and our 1 to whomever for the Top QB available in 24. Love Micah but it’s the only way that we get a stud at qb for 5 years at a cheapo rate. Cannot see resigning Dak for 4/5 years for $50m+. He will be 35-36 at that
So trade your best young players for a possible Wentz or Lance. No thanks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers would be the QB this year instead of with the Jets if I ran things. Much, MUCH better chance to win a SB with a real QB.
How were you going to convince him to come to the Cowboys and play for McCarthy who he had a rift with in Green Bay? Don’t know where you’ve been but it’s been made pretty clear that Rodgers and McCarthy‘s relationship had soured over the years. Rodgers would’ve had no interest playing for the Cowboys under McCarthy. You would’ve been stuck having to bring in another aging veteran, one that had been kicked to the curb.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Fan is short for fanatic I get that . So you feel this is standard interaction ok it’s all good

My guess is there are fans on this board that don’t care for one another or at least what they represent here

It was a joke lighten up Francis
France...so you know who the Agents are, huh...at least leave some valid information behind, whether you denote a 'joke' or not. (contract negotiations is a current topic)

Extrimity and uncontrolled obscuring of being a fan, not a play on words...but there YOU go again, and again, and again...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Too bad we can't do a 'zone-a-con. :):laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Now just non ring tapping explain beyond insult and stereotype why Dak Prescott is unable to win...without just a boiled down, you know...no I don't and the direction taken impresses this fan very little, to be honest.

starfan1

Reaction score
France...so you know who the Agents are, huh...at least leave some valid information behind, whether you denote a 'joke' or not. (contract negotiations is a current topic)

Extrimity and uncontrolled obscuring of being a fan, not a play on words...but there YOU go again, and again, and again...
For all the good you bring to this and other boards and I’ve seen plenty of good

You’re a bit light on the humor at least the guy I said it to got the gist of the joke

Or maybe my sense of humor is warped . Too many bongs in my younger years maybe

Enjoy your day we’re done here

CCBoy

Reaction score
For all the good you bring to this and other boards and I’ve seen plenty of good

You’re a bit light on the humor at least the guy I said it to got the gist of the joke

Or maybe my sense of humor is warped . Too many bongs in my younger years maybe

Enjoy your day we’re done here
:starspin: :thumbup: By the way, can a Chinese bong be used for a dinner bell?