CFZ Should Dak Prescott be paid the up and coming contract?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

6. Bryan Anger, Cowboys

Anger has carved out quite the career for himself as he heads into his 12th season. At 34 years old, Anger doesn't seem to be slowing down. In 2022, the Cowboys punter ranked in the top 10 in both punting average (48.4) and net punting average (42.8). Anger showed off his huge leg during the 2022 season when he got off a monstrous 83-yard punt, which was the longest punt in the NFL last year.
If I didn't know any better (I don't :) ) I'd say Bryan was one of our MVPs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well if there is one GM who rewards lack of achievement it would be Jerry. Fairly sure Dak will get his dollars and the pursuit of a century of mediocrity will continue.
Oh, for sure...Troy Aikman, Michael Irving, Emmitt Smith, Jason Witten, Larry Allen, Tyron Smith, Deion Sanders, Charles Haley, DeMarcus Ware, Michael Parsons, JC Lamb, Diggs...for sure, that cubbard has always looked bare with cobwebs and a kitchen mouse loose there.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A Cowboy nation divided......... :facepalm:

Unfortunately we have little alternatives at the moment. Dak is capable with the proper support around him and coaching. But it won't be easy. I figure Dallas has about a 2-4 year window here, we'll need a capable QB. Dak is what we have. Without him, we have no window at the moment.

I'm just hoping they wait until next year to extend him. Just in case he completely craps the bed in 2023. They've already restructured him, they don't need to extend him until next year.
Ya, I've seen a 7-year body of work from Dak and don't believe in unicorns.
He has had major talent around in those 7 years and produced (For the price) squat.
Now we're looking to do what waste another new talent pool for this inept fraud of a QB?
Dak will crap the bed, fans will boo, and Jerry has a massive issue coming home (taking into consideration the cap) and what will occur is yet to be decided.
Let's all wait for this to play out once again and anything the Jones boys decide really won't surprise me as 30 years of hunger doesn't come easy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As to Roger, he joined the Cowboys at age 29 in 1969. He lost his job to Craig Morton but was reinserted at quarterback in 1972 and won a Super Bowl. His second Super Bowl came in 1977.

Some prefer to make up their own stories and just gripe...

Most single season interceptions thrown by Roger Staubach in his career:

1973-15
1974-15
1975-16
1978-16

Now start telling real stories and not just Hero Worship make believe. The whole truth!

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yes.

He's unequivocally going to get an extension before next season to drop his cap hit.
If it's unequivocal what's the actual hold up: years, money, guaranteed money. As I see it Dak isn't (doesn't need to be) in a rush to sign anything. He and France are probably of the same opinion as yourself and with a salary of $34m coming to him in 2024 (and a market enhanced contract) why not play hard ball (again)?
I doubt Dak/France are taking the same view point as some of our fanbase that he'll take a discount.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If it's unequivocal what's the actual hold up: years, money, guaranteed money. As I see it Dak isn't (doesn't need to be) in a rush to sign anything. He and France are probably of the same opinion as yourself and with a salary of $34m coming to him in 2024 (and a market enhanced contract) why not play hard ball (again)?
I doubt Dak/France are taking the same view point as some of our fanbase that he'll take a discount.
Lol, one just never knows about them French... :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
As to Roger, he joined the Cowboys at age 29 in 1969. He lost his job to Craig Morton but was reinserted at quarterback in 1972 and won a Super Bowl. His second Super Bowl came in 1977.

1973-15
1974-15
1975-16
1978-16

Now start telling real stories and not just Hero Worship make believe. The whole truth!
And those were 14 game seasons in a truly run first league he had some of the best running backs and offensive lines in front of him and yet he still threw interceptions that's crazy I didn't know all quarterbacks made mistakes.. You wanna add in the fact that Troy had 141 well right now Prescott stands at 65 and someone who allegedly threw a lot of interceptions had like 90 more touchdowns at 248 and only 117 ints..hmm right Roger and Troy never made mistakes..

By the way Troy Aikman has 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in the playoffs that's about par for the course for his career in the regular season does that look like a guy to you that doesn't put his team in a bad position on occasion that the team was better so they overcame it much like Matthew stafford's 20 turnovers in his Super Bowl year why do we keep overlooking these things but I'll always focus on Prescott who has 11 touchdowns and five interceptions in his playoffs

oh and last but not least Tony Romo who everyone said in the playoffs was worse than he was in the regular season has eight touchdowns and only two interceptions in the playoffs I'd say that they have better touchdown interception ratios without doing the math then Troy Aikman you know in the big games they're supposed to have choked in right had nothing to do with the teams they were on and Roger Staubach 24 touchdowns in 19 interceptions but all the people in here said that Tom Landry would never put up with that are you kidding me that's a horrible touchdown interception ratio and I don't wanna hear about the era we're talking about big games it looks like that Troy and Roger made as many mistakes in the playoffs that's Prescott and Romo if not more on better teams with better coaches

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score

1973-15
1974-15
1975-16
1978-16

During a playoff year the most interceptions thrown during those playoffs by Roger, was:

1973 - 6
1975 - 4

blueblood70

Reaction score
During a playoff year the most interceptions thrown during those playoffs by Roger, was:

1973 - 6
1975 - 4
you'd be correct and out of all our quarterbacks and I know he played in a lot more playoff games but Roger Staubach has the worst touchdown interception ratio in the playoffs

24 touchdowns in 19 interceptions

CCBoy

Reaction score
you'd be correct and out of all our quarterbacks and I know he played in a lot more playoff games but Roger Staubach has the worst touchdown interception ratio in the playoffs

24 touchdowns in 19 interceptions
Tough but true...just get 'er done!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tough but true...just get 'er done!
But they're a group in here that says that Tom Landry would not put up with a player who makes mistakes like that that Jimmy Johnson wouldn't put up with a player who makes mistakes like that but they had two of the quarterbacks that had the worst touchdown interception ratio both in the regular season and the playoffs I mean they made as many mistakes as Romo and Prescott I think people don't understand that the teams they were on could overcome the mistakes just like Matthew Stafford Rams team other teams they're so good that you don't notice when your quarterbacks making mistakes because they can quickly overcome it better coaching better teams but please stop acting like these quarterbacks had Halos above their head and never did anything wrong.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And those were 14 game seasons in a truly run first league he had some of the best running backs and offensive lines in front of him and yet he still threw interceptions that's crazy I didn't know all quarterbacks made mistakes.. You wanna add in the fact that Troy had 141 well right now Prescott stands at 65 and someone who allegedly threw a lot of interceptions had like 90 more touchdowns at 248 and only 117 ints..hmm right Roger and Troy never made mistakes..

By the way Troy Aikman has 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in the playoffs that's about par for the course for his career in the regular season does that look like a guy to you that doesn't put his team in a bad position on occasion that the team was better so they overcame it much like Matthew stafford's 20 turnovers in his Super Bowl year why do we keep overlooking these things but I'll always focus on Prescott who has 11 touchdowns and five interceptions in his playoffs

oh and last but not least Tony Romo who everyone said in the playoffs was worse than he was in the regular season has eight touchdowns and only two interceptions in the playoffs I'd say that they have better touchdown interception ratios without doing the math then Troy Aikman you know in the big games they're supposed to have choked in right had nothing to do with the teams they were on and Roger Staubach 24 touchdowns in 19 interceptions but all the people in here said that Tom Landry would never put up with that are you kidding me that's a horrible touchdown interception ratio and I don't wanna hear about the era we're talking about big games it looks like that Troy and Roger made as many mistakes in the playoffs that's Prescott and Romo if not more on better teams with better coaches
Sir, you definitely are a KEEPER!

If all chips were on the line and to cover my back, who would I take for this job between the Manster and Roger?

Honestly...Roger without hesitation.

Last edited:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

It was much tougher to be a QB in Roger's time. To act like the league and rules were the same is failing to see the forest for the trees. Roger was often the top or near the top QB in rating every year.

kskboys

Reaction score
It was much tougher to be a QB in Roger's time. To act like the league and rules were the same is failing to see the forest for the trees. Roger was often the top or near the top QB in rating every year.
I think he retired w/ the highest career QB rating.

It wasn't unusual to lead the league in passing at the time w/ 2,500-3,500 yds. Completely different.

kskboys

Reaction score

Your screen name should be Runonolio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do not wanna hear about the ERA back then they weren't thinking about ERA they were living it and I guarantee throwing that many interceptions is as bad as throwing at me near sections right now I don't care what you say or how you're trying to protect Roger and Troy they literally made more mistakes touchdown interception ratio when they had a better offensive line a better run game and Hall of Fame coaches you wanna talk about era let's talk about how much better their teams were they were surrounded by better players on a more consistent basis who were coached up by much better coaches stop the nonsense I literally said don't bring that ERA nonsense in here it is not a fact because they literally would neutralize that with the fact that they had better players and better coaches period end of story that neutralizes this whole entire debate about era if Prescott and Romo played with those exact teams they would have the same success that is what I'm trying to tell you I don't give a flying you know what about era in that stupid argument yes it was different it was different for running backs and everything too but they ran the ball a lot they used play action passes it was a safer way to throw the football they lived off great run games and great offensive lines and great defense they were surrounded by better coaches and if you try to say they weren't just because Romo and Prescott occasionally had a good offensive line or a good run game.. I can spell this out in 3 inch headlines, not in the playoffs, they did not have an Emmitt Smith or a Tony Dorsett or an offensive line or group of coaches that when it came crunch time can come up and play well as a team , in the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score

It wasn't unusual to lead the league in passing at the time w/ 2,500-3,500 yds. Completely different.
Type or style does not affect a controlling feature of total yardage and time on clock. That remains the constant...not hide the truth excuses.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Present it instead of coulda' woulda' shoulda'...fewer games.

kskboys

Reaction score
Type or style does not affect a controlling feature of total yardage and time on clock. That remains the constant...not hide the truth excuses.
If I'm reading what you're saying correctly, you're claiming that total yardage is the same then as now?

If that's what you're saying, Swwwwwwwiiinnnggggggggggg and a miss!!!!!

Let's see, looking at your last sentence. You're denying the game has changed? Wow, that is simply beyond inane!!!!!