CFZ Should Dak Prescott be paid the up and coming contract?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Who would be our QB right now if you ran the team? Lol I’ve seen some of the names that have come up to replace Dak and they’re all castoffs with losing records. The Cowboys could re-sign every good player they have and if they don’t have a viable QB they would fall further behind Philly and won’t be making the playoffs. If Daniel Jones continues to develop the Cowboys would have a tough time getting past the Giants with the QB we would be stuck with if you and some others ran the team. We would be in the same boat as Washington.
I would of dumped Garrett and gone after Kyle Shanahan when he was with Atlanta.
Than I would of also traded the farm to get Trevor Lawrence.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? You've been looking at that body for seven years... :muttley:
Nope been watching this one lose the ball and games for us......esp playoff games!!!
615055594.0.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would of dumped Garrett and gone after Kyle Shanahan when he was with Atlanta.
Then I would have also traded the farm to get Trevor Lawrence.
You would have traded the farm for Trevor Lawrence? It would’ve taken a lot more than the farm to get Jacksonville to move out of the number one overall spot. Nothing would have gotten them to trade that pick. Besides,Trevor Lawrence hasn’t looked that great. He’s thrown only 37 TDs his first two seasons with 25 INTs. Dak tossed 37 TDs in 2021. You would have been stuck drafting a lesser QB than Trevor Lawrence, because nothing would’ve gotten Jacksonville to budge out of the top spot.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You would have traded the farm for Trevor Lawrence? It would’ve taken a lot more than the farm to get Jacksonville to move out of the number one overall spot. Nothing would have gotten them to trade that pick. Besides,Trevor Lawrence hasn’t looked that great. He’s thrown only 37 TDs his first two seasons with 25 INTs. Dak tossed 37 TDs in 2021. You would have been stuck drafting a lesser QB than Trevor Lawrence, because nothing would’ve gotten Jacksonville to budge out of the top spot.
Lawrence went to a terrible team and is slowly turning that team around. On the Cowboys they are in the SB with him last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
First off common is not 5000 yards. Last year Patrick mahomes was the only one to do it and there were some that were close..

that's barely one or two quarterbacks doing that in a season out of 32.. So just let's use last year you go past the 9th quarterback in the league in yardage all the rest didn't even break 4000 yards so this common thing is ironic that it's not common, So 23 quarterbacks did not even break 4000 yards.. the 9th qb on the list 4117 that's 5k to you?

we haven't seen it yet be the norm that's more like 4200-4500 yards per game maybe would be the so called average for today.

So we could take this whole less game argument to the other side,

let's keep talking about the interceptions from Prescott last year he did it in 12 games there was a 14 game season and somehow Roger Staubach had a lot of interceptions

so he threw less, made more mistakes on better teams with Better coaches.

and that's some arguments being made for era,

oh I'm sorry not going to work here not for me never will...

that's why I'm not even listening to this garbage common passing yardage you already started off wrong it is not 5000 yards. I mean it's edging towards that since we went to 17 games but it's very rare still, maybe not in the future but let's calm down...
Man, talk about garbage.

How in the world did you miss the word "around". 3 QBs threw for 4,600+ yds last season. And in 2021, it was 6. So, yes, it is common to throw for around 5,000 yds.

Check some facts before you call anything garbage, dude, that's simply childish.

And we're not talking about average, we're talking about top of the league numbers. I mean, are you simply purposely being obtuse?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree, Lawrence was the Second Coming, no way they trade that pick away and keep any fans.

He will improve, too much natural talent there. Same with Herbert. Some are discounting both but that will change. Both are the prototypical new QB that every team wants. 6'6" athletic freaks with cannons for arms.

They both struggled with going to bad teams and too much on them too soon.

Allen is the one that needs to lookout or he's going to lose that #2 spot to one of these QB's. Another 6'6" freak with a cannon.

Damn, where are they making these QB's?

kskboys

Reaction score
Trevor started looking very good last year. Did you really miss his first season when he had to attempt to operate under the Urban Meyer clusterfudge? I mean, how did you miss that?
TLaw has edged into top 10, and appears to be on the way to top 5.

Agree that we were not in any position to get him. Doubt if they'd have taken 5 firsts.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree, Lawrence was the Second Coming, no way they trade that pick away and keep any fans.

He will improve, too much natural talent there. Same with Herbert. Some are discounting both but that will change. Both are the prototypical new QB that every team wants. 6'6" athletic freaks with cannons for arms.

Allen is the one that needs to lookout or he's going to lose that #2 spot to one of these QB's. Another 6'6" freak with a cannon.

Freaks. They make John Elway look unathletic.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lawrence went to a terrible team and is slowly turning that team around. On the Cowboys they are in the SB with him last year.
He may end up being a great QB, but the point is not even trading the farm would have gotten Jacksonville to budge off the number one overall spot. The best you could have done in that draft was Justin Fields, and he still has a long way to go as a passer. The Bears have missed the playoffs both years with him and his QB record is 5-20.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fan is short for fanatic I get that . So you feel this is standard interaction ok it’s all good

My guess is there are fans on this board that don’t care for one another or at least what they represent here

It was a joke lighten up Francis
The term "fan" is short for "fancy", not fanatic. In 1822, essayist Hazlitt wrote about "a man whose costume bespoke him one of the Fancy...." and the term was born.

kskboys

Reaction score
He may end up being a great QB, but the point is not even trading the farm would have gotten Jacksonville to budge off the number one overall spot. The best you could have done in that draft was Justin Fields, and he still has a long way to go as a passer. The Bears have missed the playoffs both years with him and his QB record is 5-20.
Fields sucks. Dak is 10 times as good.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

No doubt both Lawrence and Herbert will improve, but not sure Lawrence will ever live up to the hype he had coming out of college. He was the fifth highest rated QB to ever enter the NFL draft. As for Herbert so far he’s Matt Stafford in Detroit. Big numbers but not a lot of wins. We’ll see how it goes for him under Kellen Moore.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trevor started looking very good last year. Did you really miss his first season when he had to attempt to operate under the Urban Meyer clusterfudge? I mean, how did you miss that?
TLaw has edged into top 10, and appears to be on the way to top 5.

Agree that we were not in any position to get him. Doubt if they'd have taken 5 firsts.
Lawrence went from stable Clemson to a dumpster fire of a team led by a complete fool that did everything he could to alienate his QB, including benching his RB because he pissed him off.

Lawrence had that "next Peyton Manning" title as a junior in high school. JAX would not have taken anything for him except maybe Brady.

Might see a clamor this next draft for Williams and Maye because I think this last draft was a very average one for QB's.

starfan1

Reaction score
The term "fan" is short for "fancy", not fanatic. In 1822, essayist Hazlitt wrote about "a man whose costume bespoke him one of the Fancy...." and the term was born.
Well I certainly don’t know any better than to argue that I’ve just always heard it slanged with my definition

Learn something new everyday

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt both Lawrence and Herbert will improve, but not sure Lawrence will ever live up to the hype he had coming out of college. He was the fifth highest rated QB to ever enter the NFL draft. As for Herbert so far he’s Matt Stafford in Detroit. Big numbers but not a lot of wins. We’ll see how it goes for him under Kellen Moore.
Could be, the Chargers could end up with another underrated 6'6" QB as they did with Rivers. That one always puzzled me, he was as accurate as Rodgers, could make every throw and could often put the team on his back and bring them back. But he never sniffed a championship.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well I certainly don’t know any better than to argue that I’ve just always heard it slanged with my definition

Learn something new everyday
I read a lot, and had read that before, so I googled it. I love odd facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Could be, the Chargers could end up with another underrated 6'6" QB as they did with Rivers. That one always puzzled me, he was as accurate as Rodgers, could make every throw and could often put the team on his back and bring them back. But he never sniffed a championship.
One year the Chargers had the #1 O and D in the entire NFL, and did not make the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won a nice bet on that one.

Chargers were simply a clusterfudge and just didn't seem to get it. The one year the Chargers were poised to make the super bowl, both LT and Antonio Gates got injured and had to sit out the champ game, where they lost due to not being able to get it into the end zone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
team/coaching issues is not puzzling.. we seen it here. :popcorn:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Herbert is far from underrated, he’s overrated because of his inflated numbers. There’s probably not a top-five QB list that doesn’t have him on it. He was a big part of the reason the Chargers blew a 27-0 lead in the playoffs.