Should Jason Garrett be fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Ask yourself this.... Does he make this team better? Can you recall a time where you said to yourself, wow, what a great decision by Garrett there?

If you think he makes the team better, then ask yourself this....why are you posting anonymously on a fan message board Mr. Garrett?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
SHOULD have never been hired.....we should not be a boot camp for HC's.

BUT since we did hire him he should have been gone no later than his third consecutive 8-8 season.

Considering if you look at his decisions now vs his first season, he is no better now than he was then.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I think I'm the last holdout. I have been steady in saying give Garrett time to fix it but I think I'm finally done. Him marinelli and linehan all can go. And hell if Dak is only good with Zeke and can't do nothing by himself he can go too for all i care

it is easy to get a good running back between rounds 1-3 and even later if you invest multiple picks.

robjay04

Reaction score
I want Garrett gone but I would prefer him over a few potential replacements.

I don’t want a Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden. No coach has ever won a SB with two different teams for a reason. I want someone young, hungry and innovative.

sean10mm

Reaction score
To answer the question, there is no question Garrett should be fired. If he will be fired depends on front office politics and Jerry's creepy old man psychology, about which the less said the better.

Garrett can only succeed when nobody important gets hurt and everything breaks his way. In the face of any adversity his teams always implode. The coaching can't adapt and they never have any depth. The second part is partly a GM problem, but also a problem of self-scouting and player development. For instance, how the heck do you think Chaz Green is a plug-and-play replacement for Tyron Smith? That's some baffling crap right there.

He seems determined to pretend he's Jimmy Johnson and it's 1993, but neither of those things are true, and anyway the game has moved on. The ultimate irony is that Jimmy Johnson himself wouldn't do things in 2017 like he did in 1993, because he has a level of self-awareness that Garrett plainly doesn't. The great coaches are always changing and adapting, but changing and adapting are contrary to Garrett's nature, making him innately unqualified to be an NFL head coach on a really profound level.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think I'm the last holdout. I have been steady in saying give Garrett time to fix it but I think I'm finally done. Him marinelli and linehan all can go. And hell if Dak is only good with Zeke and can't do nothing by himself he can go too for all i care

I saw enough out of Dak before the last few games that I'd prefer to give him time with another coaching staff before tossing him aside. Unfortunately, I suspect that's not going to happen.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Our coaching staff isn't going to out plan my college..... Much less another NFL staff

9darter

Reaction score
YES! Would have voted in favor of a harsher punishment as well.

Plankton

Reaction score
i dont know, jerry cannot undercut his coach in public until he fires him.

Jerry undercuts his coach every time he gives an interview. He undercuts his coach by having an open door policy for the players. He undercuts his coach by, in some cases, forcing assistant coaches on them, and creating issues of loyalty. Has nothing to do with whether the coach will be fired or not.

Sydla

Reaction score
As of 12:40PM EDT.................. 7 lost souls.

I'd like to see a well thought out rational as to why he should be allowed to continue. And I don't mean listing excuses and blaming injuries.

Why is Garrett a great coach that we would be making a big mistake in firing? What does he do well? Is he a great play caller? Does he build great game plans? Is he an Xs and Os genius? Can he adapt on the fly and work with his coordinators to make adjustments, correct adjustments? Does his resume suggest he's a highly competent coach?

Seems when people are asked to defend Garrett it's basically nothing but listing excuses as to why he hasn't done better and things like "the players like him".

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Ask yourself this.... Does he make this team better? Can you recall a time where you said to yourself, wow, what a great decision by Garrett there?

If you think he makes the team better, then ask yourself this....why are you posting anonymously on a fan message board Mr. Garrett?

Made me spit my drink out dude hahaha

waldoputty

Reaction score
Jerry undercuts his coach every time he gives an interview. He undercuts his coach by having an open door policy for the players. He undercuts his coach by, in some cases, forcing assistant coaches on them, and creating issues of loyalty. Has nothing to do with whether the coach will be fired or not.

there are different levels of undercutting. when he says garrett should be fired, he needs to fire him at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.