Should Micah get rid of the Podcast?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm waiting for something positive to happen. I am fairly happy we have a DC who won't pamper the cry babies.
jerry won't let him discipline them. me either, I wouldn't want my babies to cry.

Reactions: CWR

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it against the law?
Is it against the NFL rules?
Is it against team rules?

If the answer is no to those questions than he should be allowed.

Does it piss off the fan base?

It does not matter as long as the answer to the first three questions are no.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think he has 2 options:

a) give up the podcast and concentrate on football
b) give up football and concentrate on the podcast
a) give up the podcast and let people think you are stupid, Micah
OR
b) keep the podcast and remove all doubt

StarLord

Reaction score
If he wasn't doing this, people would complain he's playing too many videos games.. or something equally none of their business.

Kwyn

Reaction score
First let me say that micah isnt too bright, doing a podcast with just audio is outdated , and kinda stupid.
He should learn how to do a video show on you tube, and have someone help him make it like a real professional show.
I don’t know if this is just some slick sarcasm without the /s or if you really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Have you even watched his show!

Watch the one with Jordan Love. It’s all X’s and O’s and has what you’re talking about above.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This has been a heated debate among Cowboys fans, and us feeling like he's focused too much on his podcast when his focus should be on football. Personally it doesn't bother me if he has a podcast or not, because other players are engaged in the same things or are doing other things outside of football. What bothers me is that he's talking about other teams/players etc when he maybe he shouldn't be until after the season.

Example was right before our playoff game, the Browns had a play where one of their defenders showed a lack of effort, and Micah got on that player for doing that. Karma came back and got Micah in his game. I think it's best for him to do his podcast, but maybe not be so harsh on players, knowing that he's not perfect himself. Please give your thoughts. Keep it, lose it, or I could care less!!!????

Will Zim recommend that he gets rid of it???? Micah said he wants to be all about football, so we will see!
If he's going to continue to act like a little girl on his podcast then he should get rid of it. It makes him annoying and cringe. But if he is going to be accepting and professional then I am all for him keeping the podcast.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Micah is getting some big time guests on his show, so no.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m wondering how many of the people who are so irate have actually *watched* his podcast.

Numerous people have complained that he’s on there acting like an idiot and being childish or just crying.

His content is actually more football focused than many podcasts. Lots of players are just goofing off. Remember Zeke’s COD stream? Check out some of the stupid shows on fox or espn.

Micah and his guests many times talk about football, often down to straight X’s and O’s and schemes. And he gets some big time guests. It’s not like he’s talking to some buddy of his that he works out with.

Watching ten seconds of a snip or, let’s be real, just reading other comments from people who agree with your own broad thoughts on the player or the organization, without actually watching it is just intellectually lazy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been a heated debate among Cowboys fans, and us feeling like he's focused too much on his podcast when his focus should be on football. Personally it doesn't bother me if he has a podcast or not, because other players are engaged in the same things or are doing other things outside of football. What bothers me is that he's talking about other teams/players etc when he maybe he shouldn't be until after the season.

Example was right before our playoff game, the Browns had a play where one of their defenders showed a lack of effort, and Micah got on that player for doing that. Karma came back and got Micah in his game. I think it's best for him to do his podcast, but maybe not be so harsh on players, knowing that he's not perfect himself. Please give your thoughts. Keep it, lose it, or I could care less!!!????

Will Zim recommend that he gets rid of it???? Micah said he wants to be all about football, so we will see!
Nah fits right in with today's Cowboys..........all sauce and no steak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don’t know if this is just some slick sarcasm without the /s or if you really have no idea what you’re talking about.

Have you even watched his show!

Watch the one with Jordan Love. It’s all X’s and O’s and has what you’re talking about above.
I havent watched his show, I thought is was audio only lol.
do you have a link for it?

Kwyn

Reaction score
You bet. It’s bleacher report. The darn set looks like it’s on NFL today lol

Appreciate your willingness to check it out. We live in a world of sound bytes and clickbait.

In this interview, there’s a bit where Love says “you had a DB playing linebacker and we knew that and planned for it”. Micah says something like “yeah, you’re right”, which is the type of comment a host makes to keep the conversation moving forward.

Fans blew that up as “MICAH DRAMA!!!”

We should all explore more and not just take the word of thread titles here at The Zone as a basis of rational thought.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score

Yes he should..But he won't.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If you want to go straight to the part that made people crazy, saying that Micah was slobbering in praise on the Packers, go to the 5:00 minute mark where Micah asks about the packers gameplay and Love talks about setting up the run.

It then goes into some X’s and O’s on specific play calls. They even get out a freaking whiteboard and Micah is trying to understand and breakdown the play.

It’s really a pretty interesting segment and those who play Micah off as an idiot have *clearly* never seen this.

They want him to “stop podcasting and watch film”. Tell me this interaction with Love isn’t better than film study.

It’s like people want players to stab opposing players in the eye with a fork on sight. They forget these people are professionals in an industry:

If I go to an industry conference and see my competitors, I’m respectful and professional. There’s networking involved. I don’t give them a finger and start shoving them.

Last edited:

bottleKids

Reaction score
1.) is it in his contract he can not do a podcast
2.) who will give him the lost revenue from 'giving up" the podcast

Free market / capitalism is a wonderful thing.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes give it up shut up and play ball,

This quote was from one of the greats coaches of all time: "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yes give it up shut up and play ball,

This quote was from one of the greats coaches of all time: "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
Didn’t he play in the 1940’s?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Is it against the law?
Is it against the NFL rules?
Is it against team rules?

If the answer is no to those questions than he should be allowed.

Does it piss off the fan base?

It does not matter as long as the answer to the first three questions are no.
none of the above. its about showing your dedication to wanting to win as an athlete. nobody in Dallas has shown that. they are focused on money making and popularity. just like their boss.