Should the Dallas Cowboys bring Ezekiel Elliott back?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Latest Ezekiel Elliott Report Paves Way for Cowboys Return​

The door could be open on Ezekiel Elliott returning to Dallas.

https://sportdfw.com/posts/latest-ezekiel-elliott-report-paves-way-cowboys-return-01hrse15605z

Should the Dallas Cowboys bring Ezekiel Elliott back if he agrees to a cheap deal? Cowboys currently have a big void at RB.

If the rumors are true how the Cowboys are seriously interested in drafting Texas RB Jonathan Brooks, Brooks won't be ready to play until around November as he is still rehabbing from a torn ACL he suffered late in the 2023 collegiate football season. Bringing Zeke back on a cheap deal could help the Cowboys stay afloat for the meantime during this upcoming 2024 season. What say you?
I'd tend to say no...but please god anyone but ANOTHER injured draft pick.

vlad

Reaction score
Genius Stephen move, make sure saquon contract is the floor

75boyz

Reaction score
Zeke has started having that running in quicksand look to him. Like Eddie George looked when he came to us.

So that's a no to Zeke from me.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It depends on whether they plan on extending Dak.

If yes, then absolutely. They need an NFL running back, and there aren't many of those left. May as well bring in a guy that knows the team. Draft a guy early and RB is alright.

If not, just draft a guy and see what happens. No reason to bolster the position when we aren't going to realistically compete, nor should we dump assets into fading veterans when we know they won't be around for long.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I would take him back in a heartbeat. We need a center and did have that one play in the playoff game. :laugh:

McMicah

Reaction score
This is when I wish we could bring up threads from a few years ago when some people on here were screaming that Zeke was still a top RB and the few sane people saying he was washed were called haters.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This is when I wish we could bring up threads from a few years ago when some people on here were screaming that Zeke was still a top RB and the few sane people saying he was washed were called haters.

LOL, where is Aria (the Zeke hater, like the Horsemen to Dak). Miss my old buddy.