News: SI: Prescott: I was greedy

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude. That scenario's end result is a humongous stretch of the imagination. :laugh:
Thanks, management always nice to see how you don't encourage attacks from other members that have included my family and wife by ridiculing me.
They laughed since 2017 went I said Dak is a DUD just like you laugh at the above scenario.....will see who's laughing last.
P.S. Try neutrality, better for business and fair play for all....

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Unfortunately the system to fit Dak is very limited.

If one ignores the fact he is harassed constantly with a breakdown of the offensive line. Which throws him off of his spot, or keeps him from fully stepping into the throw, then I might agree.

The reason they x-ray patients is it is sometimes not what hurts that is wrong, but something else causing it.

And your Super Bowl comment about Dak leading the team shows exactly why you don't get it.

It's call a team for a reason.

Reaction score
Just last week he said.

“That’s my job, to lift guys up, but that doesn’t mean trying to force things and that doesn’t mean trying to do anything outside of the game plan. “It’s about being who I am.”

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/dak-prescott-postgame-week-12-lvvsdal

He does that a lot,,, when you desperately need 5 yards on third down he's more likely to launch that thing 50 yards down the field. And recently he's added the dreaded 2 yard pass when we need 10. I'm glad he's dialed it back but that's no good.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I agree, but if I was Jerry, that offer would never have been made in the first place.

Maybe your answer tells us why you are on a message board and not owning a football team.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I said on the game thread...Dak was pressing, dude needs to meditate.

I thought it was the opposite tho. There was a lot pass attempts under 5 yards, like the target was the primary read. I think Dak needs to start throwing the deep ball more. Seems like I'm watching him digress.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
how is that? his team is 6-5. but I am sure you have no explanation on why...go ahead. mention 40M couple of times.
The Dak led Dallas Cowboys after 11 games.
2016 10-1
2017 5-6
2018 6-5
2019 6-5
2020 DNF
2021 7-4

The Herbert led Chargers were 3-8 after 11 in 2020.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Dak led Dallas Cowboys after 11 games.
2016 10-1
2017 5-6
2018 6-5
2019 6-5
2020 DNF
2021 7-4

The Herbert led Chargers were 3-8 after 11 in 2020.
End of season results?

And how does that make him 10x better?...that's a big multiplier

RaZon

Reaction score
I would actually be ashame of myself demanding that kind of money as a single guy, I couldn't do it. I would take my team into consideration and see if I can make ends meet at 25mill a season. I know t would be tuff, but think I could manage. If he had a wife and some kids ok get all ya can.

Dak is greedy so he got that right.

What would be really cool is if he approached Jerry to restructure that silly $$$$ now that he can't break a 5.0 40 anynore.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak puts up big numbers and loses- system QB; says the haters.

Dak puts up average numbers and wins- system QB, says the haters.

What did Dak say here? He owned up to his mistakes and didn't throw anybody under the bus but himself.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
End of season results?

And how does that make him 10x better?...that's a big multiplier

You seemed to be using Herbert's record after 11 games as compared to Dak's record after 11 games as evidence that Herbert couldn't be a better QB. I ignored the fact that this is a terrible way to compare QB's and provided the career record after 11 games to point out that Dak has been at the same or worse spot 3 of his five seasons. Dak had a worse record in his 2nd season than Herbert has in his.

As has been said here a million times, Wins are a team record. Even if you could use wins to compare QB's, it wouldn't support the argument you made.

ps. "A million times" is a figure of speech. I didn't literally mean a million times.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It’s frustrating on my part,” Prescott said. “I think just being greedy in some of the reads, trying to put the dagger in them, I guess you could say, rather than just continuing to play through the play and play through the drive. I was trying to do it on one play. I can’t do that. We can’t do that as an offense. We just got to stay within it and allow that play to come.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-offense-problem-dak-prescott-greedy-final

The pressure is on...it's time to win the war with HIS team...and it seems that he went all commercial...he'll be in Hollywood soon.

Slick

Reaction score
Glad you are not Jerry...whew
I’d also have spent more on the defense, besides waiting to pay that much for the right QB. They should have closed that after yr 2. 4yrs from now he’ll be gone, and same old same old.

The story about greed quotes from him, that shouldn’t be coming from a 5 yr veteran QB like him. He forced plays, he should be better, and for the money, smarter