News: SI: Prescott: I was greedy

USArmyVet

Reaction score
all the while Herbert just thrown an int 4 straight games and i one today and his record is 6-5 last year was what 7-9..daks rookie year alone says our 4th round pick is better then their first,

Herbert been impressive but 10 time's better,,umm eyes say nope..hater talk

daks number this year are better then Herbert's , its close but daks got the better stats, the better record etc etc

Don't forget to add the fact Herbert has the Chargers leading 38-22 over the Bengals (7-4 record) all while posting the following: 25 of 34 315 Yards 3 TD's 1 INT

Also note Dak threw an INT in 3 straight games this season and in 2019 Dak threw an INT in 4 straight games (6 total during that stretch).
Also note for their careers Dak has a 1.8% INT percentage whereas Herbert has a 1.9%.....but Herbert has a 5.3% career TD percentage whereas Dak has a career 4.8%.

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
:laugh: Right?

Earlier in the season. the anti-Dak crowd were all about "it's about Wins/Losses" with the QB and not stats. Now suddenly Dak has his team sitting at 8-4, yet, the "10x better QB" (where wins/losses are apparently the measuring stick) has his team at 6-5. The goal posts never stop moving to fit their narrative.
Playoff wins?

Rajveer

Reaction score
On the contrary, there have been many instances in the past where players restructured contracts or, had monies held in abeyance so that high-caliber talent could be signed.
Those were players who had already been paid, not someone who was signing their first contract after the rookie deal.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Sorry, I have a hard time remembering the last time Dak was in a championship round playoff game.....oh wait, that was never and you referenced divisional round......in 2016 & 2018, both losses.

As for talent surrounding the referenced QB's, Dallas went 13-3 Dak's rookie year so what's the issue....oh wait, that's because of Zeke and the defense.

Strawman argument. Did he have the defense in 2016 to get to the championship game?

If not, and he didn't, then it was not Dak.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of my fellow cowboy fans. just don’t want them in to succeed

GINeric

Reaction score
The diary of a system Quarterback

Well why no other "system qb" in NFL history had the winning percentage in his first 5 years that Dak has??? Dak has put up numbers in his first 5 years that only 4 or 5 other qbs have been able to put up since American football started. So again... why haven't any other "system qbs" been able to accomplish this????

I'll wait....

NotForLong

Reaction score
It’s frustrating on my part,” Prescott said. “I think just being greedy in some of the reads, trying to put the dagger in them, I guess you could say, rather than just continuing to play through the play and play through the drive. I was trying to do it on one play. I can’t do that. We can’t do that as an offense. We just got to stay within it and allow that play to come.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-offense-problem-dak-prescott-greedy-final
I clicked on this to see if He was gonna truly admit to it . . . because I have been saying he is greedy for over a year now

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
E
Well why no other "system qb" in NFL history had the winning percentage in his first 5 years that Dak has??? Dak has put up numbers in his first 5 years that only 4 or 5 other qbs have been able to put up since American football started. So again... why haven't any other "system qbs" been able to accomplish this????

I'll wait....

Why? Because Dak plays in an environment optimal for QBs. When things aren’t optimal he’s average at best. He’s only as good as those around him.

It’s been pretty clear since the day Zeke was suspended and Chaz Green stepped on a field.

Dak is lucky Dallas selected him. He’d be out of the league in a lot of other places.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s frustrating on my part,” Prescott said. “I think just being greedy in some of the reads, trying to put the dagger in them, I guess you could say, rather than just continuing to play through the play and play through the drive. I was trying to do it on one play. I can’t do that. We can’t do that as an offense. We just got to stay within it and allow that play to come.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-offense-problem-dak-prescott-greedy-final

Love to see him taking accountability. Great leader, Elite QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
People are literally trying to convince themselves on this thread that Dak is on the same planet as Herbert…. That’s comical..

We're all on the same planet...like it or love it. Just Dallas Cowboy fans.

khiladi

Reaction score
Strawman argument. Did he have the defense in 2016 to get to the championship game?

If not, and he didn't, then it was not Dak.

Green Bay’s defense was garbage… They were allowing over 400 yards regularly going into the play-odds and Atlanta blew them off the field the very next game. GB didn’t even have their starter corners.

The argument works both ways…. Dallas offense should have destroyed a GB that it shouldn’t have been close in the first place…. And Dallas played at home..

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s really simple..

Look at how teams defend Herbert or elite WBs and look at how they defend Dak..

If a team can stop the Cowboys RG, meaning they can afford to play zone, like the Saints, Dak looks like a complete joke, completely indecisive, happy feet, poor mechanics, slow decision making and so on….