Sick of the entire QB scenerio in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindzebra

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Is that your opinion? or have you heard BP say that...I'd feel better about Henson if that were true.

It's called logic. When we traded for Henson we had Carter with his leg up, Vinny a Parcells guy, Hutch in NFLE, Romo who is Payton's pet, and Henson.

If Hutchinson tore up NFLE, either he or Carter would have started and the other would have been traded, Vinny would back up, Henson would be groomed, and Romo would have gone to the PS.

Hutch didn't, Carter was a pot-head with marginal talent so both got axed. Vinny starts and Romo saves his job.

When Parcells annouced Romo as #2, he said, " Romo knows the offense better right now." Why is that important? Because the #2 QB won't get many reps in practice, so knowing it better would give Romo the edge if Vinny got hurt in a game. If Vinny got hurt and you had a week to prepare a QB, talent would win out and the experience factor gets lost by reps in practice.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
If Henson is any good, then by golly stick his white butt in there and let's see what he can do...it's not like he's waiting behind a good QB or something.

I don't think Vinny has done that bad, I knew when we brought him in he was not going to be a savior he is here as a stop gap until we can get Henson ready and that is what they are doing. Parcells still has intention of winning this year regardless if you think Dallas can win or not. We are fans it is his job and Parcells is doing his job and doing what he feels is best for the team.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley said:
If Henson is any good, then by golly stick his white butt in there and let's see what he can do...it's not like he's waiting behind a good QB or something.

A-OH!

Wayne's playing the race card. :D

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Vick and Palmer sat and watched for a year......Pennington 2 years.

What happened to if you're good you play?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Most of these guys only read what they want to see....I'm glad you got it....if Henson isn't ready to play now, then we have no QB this season...if he's not ready to play next year, then we have no QB next season. Carter was not good...Henson was not ready...Vinnie was brought here to be a backup (and he's not qualified for anything more), so WHY?????

At some point someone has to sign a legitimate QB, even if it's only for 2-3 years.

Vinnie is a crappy QB, always has been (okay, 85% of his career). He's worse now, despite an occasional good game. Why not just play Henson...prove he's worth a crap as an NFL QB....do it now. I've never seen a rookie QB ruined because he played too soon...that's an old tale that I think goes another way. Rookie QB's who are going to make it, struggle, learn, and make it...Aikman is a perfect example, and he had very little offense behind him that first year, but we saw some fine performances before his injury.

Rookie QB's who crash and burn and don't make it, weren't going to make it because they don't have what it takes. Henson doesn't have to be ready to win the SB to start, not on a team that stinks at QB. He's not sitting and learning behind a guy who deserves to start. He's sitting behind an old, fading QB who should be his backup.

Either we have a QB or we don't....if BP keeps rolling Vinnie out there, then he's either the most stubborn man in the NFL or we don't have a QB...he keeps making it look like Henson is a nobody 3rd stringer behind a 40 year old QB and an undrafted FA with no game experience.

I'm like others...run Henson out there and figure this out...I understand patience, but if we go into next season with these same 3 QB's without having a clue whether Henson can really play, it will continue several years of lunacy, imo.

Duane

Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:

Steve McNair sat a couple of years and he's pretty damn good as well.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
It's called logic. When we traded for Henson we had Carter with his leg up, Vinny a Parcells guy, Hutch in NFLE, Romo who is Payton's pet, and Henson.

If Hutchinson tore up NFLE, either he or Carter would have started and the other would have been traded, Vinny would back up, Henson would be groomed, and Romo would have gone to the PS.

Hutch didn't, Carter was a pot-head with marginal talent so both got axed. Vinny starts and Romo saves his job.

When Parcells annouced Romo as #2, he said, " Romo knows the offense better right now." Why is that important? Because the #2 QB won't get many reps in practice, so knowing it better would give Romo the edge if Vinny got hurt in a game. If Vinny got hurt and you had a week to prepare a QB, talent would win out and the experience factor gets lost by reps in practice.

I'm following what you're thinking, but if all this is true, then BP isn't as smart as most have given him credit for being.

1. everyone knew hutch was a pile of crap
2. everyone knew carter was a smaller pile
3. BP is using a #2 QB on game day, a guy no one in the NFL even would want as a #3 guy if he'd have passed through waivers and made it to our PS
4. Vinnie still stinks no matter what smoke BP blows up our pants legs.

I call that very poor planning when most of these things were obvious to everyone watching the team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Most of these guys only read what they want to see....I'm glad you got it....if Henson isn't ready to play now, then we have no QB this season...if he's not ready to play next year, then we have no QB next season. Carter was not good...Henson was not ready...Vinnie was brought here to be a backup (and he's not qualified for anything more), so WHY?????

At some point someone has to sign a legitimate QB, even if it's only for 2-3 years.

Vinnie is a crappy QB, always has been (okay, 85% of his career). He's worse now, despite an occasional good game. Why not just play Henson...prove he's worth a crap as an NFL QB....do it now. I've never seen a rookie QB ruined because he played too soon...that's an old tale that I think goes another way. Rookie QB's who are going to make it, struggle, learn, and make it...Aikman is a perfect example, and he had very little offense behind him that first year, but we saw some fine performances before his injury.

Rookie QB's who crash and burn and don't make it, weren't going to make it because they don't have what it takes. Henson doesn't have to be ready to win the SB to start, not on a team that stinks at QB. He's not sitting and learning behind a guy who deserves to start. He's sitting behind an old, fading QB who should be his backup.

Either we have a QB or we don't....if BP keeps rolling Vinnie out there, then he's either the most stubborn man in the NFL or we don't have a QB...he keeps making it look like Henson is a nobody 3rd stringer behind a 40 year old QB and an undrafted FA with no game experience.

I'm like others...run Henson out there and figure this out...I understand patience, but if we go into next season with these same 3 QB's without having a clue whether Henson can really play, it will continue several years of lunacy, imo.

Henson has not played so we don't know what we have? Me thinks you think to highly of yourself. Parcells watches these guys day in and day out and know a hell of a lot more of where Henson is at this stage. Your entitled to an opinion just like anyone else but when it comes to judging talent and knowing when a player is ready or not I'll listen to the guy who is working with them day in and day out and not just sitting at home watching TV.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:

Again, if we had a good starting caliber QB who could lead the team, then it makes sense to sit him....but when your options are as poor as ours, you might as well play the rookie, eh?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

Good arguments....but who would you have suggested bringing in?

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Let me post this one more time.

The reason Romo is listed as the number 2 QB, is he is the guy Parcells prefers to have holding kicks for fieldgoals. Romo could not hold kicks as the number three QB because he would be the "Emergency" QB and could not be the holder. Romo is a better holder than Henson. Parcells trusts Romo to hold. The only way Romo can hold is if he is listed as number 2. Plain and simple. If Testaverde goes down, Romo will finish the game. If the injury causes Testaverde to miss extended time, Henson will become the starter, and Romo will back him up......and you guessed it.....be the holder.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I give up....I bow down to the almighty god, Bill Parcells. I hated his fat behind in NY, but I hope the total free reign you guys think he deserves will be proven out. Clearly, we're going to win fewer games this year than last year. So I guess next year is our year....or if we still don't have a QB or we struggle with Henson because he'll be a first year, no experience player, then Bill will get another year, right?

I'm just tired of being mediocre, and I'm not used to seeing JJ sit back and not make moves at key positions. As bad as Carter was, he played as a rookie...I'd be playing Henson, but obviously I know nothing.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I give up....I bow down to the almighty god, Bill Parcells. I hated his fat behind in NY, but I hope the total free reign you guys think he deserves will be proven out. Clearly, we're going to win fewer games this year than last year. So I guess next year is our year....or if we still don't have a QB or we struggle with Henson because he'll be a first year, no experience player, then Bill will get another year, right?

I'm just tired of being mediocre, and I'm not used to seeing JJ sit back and not make moves at key positions. As bad as Carter was, he played as a rookie...I'd be playing Henson, but obviously I know nothing.

I see your frustration, but what are we going to do about it? Do you think if we all agree with you, it will make things better? Is BP monitoring this site now and just waiting for us to come to a consensus? :D

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Wayne Motley said ... "Tell me this:

If we'd drafted Leftwich or Roethlisberger, or even Rex Grossman, do you think any of them would be sitting behind Romo and Vinnie the way Henson is?"

Is this your coulda, woulda, shoulda speel? Franky, I'm sick of hearing all the whining about not picking up Leftwich. Leftwich looks capable, but nothing to write home to mom about. It's all defense over in Jacksonville. Lefty is having some decent and not so decent games.

Hate to say it, but Henson DOES HAVE MORE POTENTIAL than Lefty does. Who do you think was taking snaps away from Tom Brady and eventually put Tom Brady on the bench at Michigan? Yep, Drew Henson. Hmmm, seems to me, even though he opted for baseball that Drew has a ton of pedigree to him. Just some food for thought! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, one last thing. Drew is the reason why Tom was drafted in the 6th round.

Henson never replaced Brady. Where did you get that stuff from.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

How do you know that we will win less game? We have played 4 games we are 2 and 2 with 12 to go. Well go ahead give up I'm just glad the players we do have are not quiters like some of our fans.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
OLDSCHOOL said:
Henson never replaced Brady. Where did you get that stuff from.

He did move into a position to start sharing reps with Brady though and replaced him during certain series during the game when they were both at Michigan.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
i say we scrap them all and trade for vicks backup schuab (think that how u spell it) that kid is awsome reminds me of brady. quick release and accurate.

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
junk said:
He did move into a position to start sharing reps with Brady though and replaced him during certain series during the game when they were both at Michigan.

he played in series, BUT he did not replace Brady, he could not replace Brady Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.