Sick of the negativity

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm of two minds about that. On one hand, yeah, great that they realized their mistake and changed things. On the other, people deserve to be criticized for making that awful decision. Like you've said, this team likely wins more games if that mistake wasn't made in the first place.

Totally agree I think we just lucked out that the division is so weak this year it gave us time to fix it but you would like to think we had somebody here that could sniff out these problems before they get full blown.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally agree I think we just lucked out that the division is so weak this year it gave us time to fix it but you would like to think we had somebody here that could sniff out these problems before they get full blown.

Or at least not be the cause of them.

But yeah, thank goodness for what looks to be a weak division. I certainly didn't see this coming to start the season, especially from Philadelphia. I thought they were poised to be a juggernaut that steamrolled to another division title. I'm lucky that I don't gamble!

morat1959

Reaction score
The is caused by the 22 year beat down of JJ and company. At the end of the day....you know this team is going to be mediocre. We (I) moan, groan, complain and cuss because a once top tier franchise is stuck in the mud because of one man. We love em but we (I) are so frustrated with the post Jimmy Johnson Cowboys. It’s sad having no hope before the season starts EVERY year. I could care less if you’re tired of the negativity. As a fan of 52 years, I’ve earned my right to be negative!

Blackrain

Reaction score
The is caused by the 22 year beat down of JJ and company. At the end of the day....you know this team is going to be mediocre. We (I) moan, groan, complain and cuss because a once top tier franchise is stuck in the mud because of one man. We love em but we (I) are so frustrated with the post Jimmy Johnson Cowboys. It’s sad having no hope before the season starts EVERY year. I could care less if you’re tired of the negativity. As a fan of 52 years, I’ve earned my right to be negative!

I feel your pain I have also been a fan for 50 yrs and I can fully understand the frustration but I have come to terms with the sad fact this is Jerrys hobby and he dosent give a spit how we feel or what we have endured the last 20 yrs . He only cares that it is fun for him !!

In short we have a couple very important pieces of the puzzle in QB and Coach that are good at some parts of there job and bad at other parts Jerry is ALL IN on both guys .

In my mind it just makes more sense to debate how we can get these 2 guys the help they need to get us farther towards a SB rather than just incessantly bash them because they are here to stay for the foreseeable future .

Saw what happened on defense when we got a sharp young coach no reason we cant spend top buck and get Garrett and Dak better help than the Lions retread and the Waterboy along with continuing to infuse talent

Just my humble opinion

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of you seem to root against the team literally every week. You minimize the wins and micro criticize everything the Cowboys do.

I really wish some of you would go find another team to root for. Seriously.

Some of you clowns have been predicting losses the past three weeks and lamenting every win. You are holding out hope that the Saints can get us back to our losing ways.

I hope we beat the Saints and crush some of your hopes and dreams. Lol.
If they gave awards for most liked posts, you would be right up there my friend!!

morat1959

Reaction score
I feel your pain I have also been a fan for 50 yrs and I can fully understand the frustration but I have come to terms with the sad fact this is Jerrys hobby and he dosent give a spit how we feel or what we have endured the last 20 yrs . He only cares that it is fun for him !!

In short we have a couple very important pieces of the puzzle in QB and Coach that are good at some parts of there job and bad at other parts Jerry is ALL IN on both guys .

In my mind it just makes more sense to debate how we can get these 2 guys the help they need to get us farther towards a SB rather than just incessantly bash them because they are here to stay for the foreseeable future .

Saw what happened on defense when we got a sharp young coach no reason we cant spend top buck and get Garrett and Dak better help than the Lions retread and the Waterboy along with continuing to infuse talent

Just my humble opinion

Well said and I respect your opinion since you’re a lifer. Lol! I just can’t support Garrett anymore. I was with him till a couple years ago. It’s just the same old status quo with him. I’m just sick of this outdated offense. Is it Garrett or Linehan? Will he ever get better at clock management? I mean he’s had about every responsibility stripped from him since he took the job. I know it’s a broken record but it’s obvious why he’s still the head coach.

The losses don’t bother me like they use to and I quit putting money in JJs pocket years ago. This gives me some comfort.

Now to Dak...Being from MS, I’ve watched Dak since his HS/college days. I think he is what he is. He’s got the same issues he had going back a long way. Can they be fixed. This staff has certainly done nothing to help. Kellen Moore...lol..that’s a joke! Dak like Garrett have the same issues they’ve had for a long time. When does either make corrections and get better?

On to the good...IMO there are 2 factors in our D getting better. Like you said, Richard has been a real difference maker as a D-coach. The other is Vander ESch...WOW! This kid has a bright future if he stays healthy.

I still can’t trust any defense that has Jeff Heath anywhere on the field. I isolate on him a lot during games and he’s just awful! We are a couple safeties and a big time interior D lineman from being a dominate defense. We must continue to phase out Marinelli as a coach till he gone for this process to be complete. We never have a big enough lead no matter the opposing QB in the soft D Marinelli plays.

I hope the Saints game isn’t what I expect. You know they’re gonna stack the line with 7-8 man fronts. At some point Dak is gonna have to complete a pass that travels over 20 yards in the air to take the lid off. If he can’t, a lot of the homers are gonna be very disappointed next Thurs. cause it’s gonna get ugly. May get ugly anyway cause the Saints are a machine on a mission this year clicking on all cylinders. Now if they have 2-3 turnovers and we protect the ball it may be a ballgame.

Just my 2 cents!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well said and I respect your opinion since you’re a lifer. Lol! I just can’t support Garrett anymore. I was with him till a couple years ago. It’s just the same old status quo with him. I’m just sick of this outdated offense. Is it Garrett or Linehan? Will he ever get better at clock management? I mean he’s had about every responsibility stripped from him since he took the job. I know it’s a broken record but it’s obvious why he’s still the head coach.

The losses don’t bother me like they use to and I quit putting money in JJs pocket years ago. This gives me some comfort.

Now to Dak...Being from MS, I’ve watched Dak since his HS/college days. I think he is what he is. He’s got the same issues he had going back a long way. Can they be fixed. This staff has certainly done nothing to help. Kellen Moore...lol..that’s a joke! Dak like Garrett have the same issues they’ve had for a long time. When does either make corrections and get better?

On to the good...IMO there are 2 factors in our D getting better. Like you said, Richard has been a real difference maker as a D-coach. The other is Vander ESch...WOW! This kid has a bright future if he stays healthy.

I still can’t trust any defense that has Jeff Heath anywhere on the field. I isolate on him a lot during games and he’s just awful! We are a couple safeties and a big time interior D lineman from being a dominate defense. We must continue to phase out Marinelli as a coach till he gone for this process to be complete. We never have a big enough lead no matter the opposing QB in the soft D Marinelli plays.

I hope the Saints game isn’t what I expect. You know they’re gonna stack the line with 7-8 man fronts. At some point Dak is gonna have to complete a pass that travels over 20 yards in the air to take the lid off. If he can’t, a lot of the homers are gonna be very disappointed next Thurs. cause it’s gonna get ugly. May get ugly anyway cause the Saints are a machine on a mission this year clicking on all cylinders. Now if they have 2-3 turnovers and we protect the ball it may be a ballgame.

Just my 2 cents!

We are very much on the same page . I was hoping at some point Garrett would get promoted to an Asst GM position where he could work at what he is better at acquiring talent . This would open a spot for new young coach with a more modern scheme to compete in todays NFL but no such luck Jerry is bound and bent to win with Garrett as coach.

So as frustrating as it is to watch us be unable to get one freaking 1st down and close the game out. I have come to realize we are going to live and die with Garrett so I hope Jerry gets him some help in the form of a sharp young OC

I really feel like Dak could benefit from a great QB coach and we have given him someone who has ZERO experience to draw on . I feel this is one of the glaring errors that could be as easily corrected as getting rid of Alexander and promoting Colombo. Heck how far would we have to go to find a QB coach with more experience . I really cant believe this has been allowed to continue especially when we had the 2016 season with Romo and Sanchez schooling Dak to compare this to .

Yep Heath is kinda like a Bill Bates type guy plays hard gives his all like on that goal line play but is overmatched quite a bit . Imo we need that big run stopper in the middle who commands double teams and can still collapse the pocket . Haloti Nagta in his prime would get it done .

Im thinking if there is any luck in the world we can run the ball against the Saints creating manageable 3rd downs for Dak to convert and keep the Saints offense of the field some . We are going to have to hit Drew Breese early and try to get some TOs or at least a couple 3 and outs . This is a daunting task to say the least but if the planets align and we by some miracle win this game fans will have to admit some progress has been made

DStar22

Reaction score
just as a counterpoint, The only reason I get down on the Cowboys is because they are below average in the superbowl hunt since at least 2000 and I won't accept mediocrity from this team. We are are the Dallas Cowboys. I expect them to win more than they lose. We're not the Cleveland Browns and I expect them to be better than that, america's team.. I EXPECT them to be a contender to take back the most superbowl wins from the frikking Pittsburgh Steelers and to stay ahead of the Patriots, 49ers and others, and if we aren't moving towards that goal, then I expect better.

Jimmy Johnson Expected better from his Cowboys teams also and it won us 3 superbowls, so I am following what has worked for us in the past.

we are doing pretty good now. all we need is for Dak to become one or to acquire a franchise QB and we can make a superbowl appearance soon. I look forward to that and am rooting my heart out for it.

but one win doesn't do that. 3-5 doesn't do that. 7-9 , 8-8 doesn't do that. they need consistency and when I see that they need consistency and a better scheme , i am going to say so.

I also don't care about one players feelings. Jimmy Johnson didn't worry about one players feelings when trying to win... not unless they were his superstars and barely then. Tom Landry sure as hell didn't worry about one players feelings when trying to win super bowls. When I see a problem i point it out because I want to know how we can make it better.

that's how I , one longtime Cowboys fan NOT from Texas, see it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
just as a counterpoint, The only reason I get down on the Cowboys is because they are below average in the superbowl hunt since at least 2000 and I won't accept mediocrity from this team. We are are the Dallas Cowboys. I expect them to win more than they lose. We're not the Cleveland Browns and I expect them to be better than that, america's team.. I EXPECT them to be a contender to take back the most superbowl wins from the frikking Pittsburgh Steelers and to stay ahead of the Patriots, 49ers and others, and if we aren't moving towards that goal, then I expect better.

Jimmy Johnson Expected better from his Cowboys teams also and it won us 3 superbowls, so I am following what has worked for us in the past.

we are doing pretty good now. all we need is for Dak to become one or to acquire a franchise QB and we can make a superbowl appearance soon. I look forward to that and am rooting my heart out for it.

but one win doesn't do that. 3-5 doesn't do that. 7-9 , 8-8 doesn't do that. they need consistency and when I see that they need consistency and a better scheme , i am going to say so.

I also don't care about one players feelings. Jimmy Johnson didn't worry about one players feelings when trying to win... not unless they were his superstars and barely then. Tom Landry sure as hell didn't worry about one players feelings when trying to win super bowls. When I see a problem i point it out because I want to know how we can make it better.

that's how I , one longtime Cowboys fan NOT from Texas, see it.

It has killed me to see my once proud franchise become such a mediocre commodity unfortunately there is really nothing I can do about it . Then when you think it cant get worse we have to watch an Eagles team that was in a complete shambles blast by us in the division and win a SB.. This really added insult to injury IMO .

Our problem consists of our beloved team being an insanely rich guys hobby . Like many rich guys he only gets happiness from blundering through his hobby himself even though he knows he could pay more talented people to do a better job . Jerry has to have his DNA on everything and get full credit .

I don't see it about any one players feelings I think its all about Jerrys feelings and what makes him feel comfortable . Although well intentioned what makes Jerry comfortable is not the fastest way to the SB. The obstacles he creates make us take such a long way around it feels like we will never get there .

My feeling is until we establish a really elite coaching staff the playoffs and maybe one win is about all we can expect from our team as the salary cap era precludes you from being able to buy enough talent to overcome the coaching

DStar22

Reaction score
It has killed me to see my once proud franchise become such a mediocre commodity unfortunately there is really nothing I can do about it . Then when you think it cant get worse we have to watch an Eagles team that was in a complete shambles blast by us in the division and win a SB.. This really added insult to injury IMO .

Our problem consists of our beloved team being an insanely rich guys hobby . Like many rich guys he only gets happiness from blundering through his hobby himself even though he knows he could pay more talented people to do a better job . Jerry has to have his DNA on everything and get full credit .

I don't see it about any one players feelings I think its all about Jerrys feelings and what makes him feel comfortable . Although well intentioned what makes Jerry comfortable is not the fastest way to the SB. The obstacles he creates make us take such a long way around it feels like we will never get there .

My feeling is until we establish a really elite coaching staff the playoffs and maybe one win is about all we can expect from our team as the salary cap era precludes you from being able to buy enough talent to overcome the coaching

those are good points Blackrain and you maybe right, we may have to wait to get a coach who can do something with all this talent, unfortunately.My point about one player is the Dak controversy. It's more about those who want to say he's already franchise when he most certainly isn't. I am not going to ignore how much work he needs to be where he needs to be to lead us to a superbowl, when I post my opinion, so as not to not hurt his or any fans feelings, and I don't think anyone else should either.

If he can be the franchise QB thats great, but he needs to start showing it quickly, or he is a liabilty that needs to be replaced, pretty much. that is how coaches that want to win would think about it.

that was my point.

you're right, it is all about Jerry since he owns the team I guess, and I think we should complain about that too, honestly lol, if only to let him know how we feel about not really winning any more.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am very happy the Cowboys beat the Skins on TDay but that does not remove the doubts about this team. Just because posters don't lose it over this win or 3 in a row against mid level competition, doesn't mean they're not fans and just as good as those that already have them in the playoffs.

They're a game and a half up on PHL and still have to play them and they will probably be 6-6 by Friday, because that is not a mid level team this Thursday, but it is a team by which they should be measured.

Verdict, I like you and your posts but why does it matter what someone else posts? Negative or positive, unless they have something other than gut feel and history, it doesn't matter.

After the past seasons with this team, until they prove that they are not that team that has disappointed so many for so long; they are who we think they are. You're on board, like a lot of others, and I think that's great but just because some are not doesn't mean they are not fans and should go away. Some of the strongest Cowboys fans I have ever personally known are disappointed and frustrated with this team but they are still fans.

This forum is all about balance. Some are buying, some are selling and some need a little more time. Personally, I am still tire kicking on this team because I think it is as much about who they're playing as much as how they're playing.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I said if the cowboys stuck to the garrett game plan, they would lose possibly 4 of 5 games beginning with philly. but they opened up the offense, increased the tempo, and have now won. was my post critical or negative? I say critical. I think it's a shame the only thing that will make the coaches challenge themselves is talk of being replaced. the subtlety of Lincoln Riley's name being dropped had a most positive affect.
It was obviously an impelled imperative in initial introduction imbuing innermost innovation ,,,er,,, when their casing-liners were fixin' to be on the outside,,,lookin' in,I'd reckono_O

:laugh:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Some of you seem to root against the team literally every week. You minimize the wins and micro criticize everything the Cowboys do.

Some of you clowns have been predicting losses the past three weeks and lamenting every win. You are holding out hope that the Saints can get us back to our losing ways.

Good.post!

Go Cowboys!!!!

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score

It's a freaking sport. Let people be negative or positive about it. People have more of a reason to be negative. Dont like it? Ignore them. Dont have to cry about it lol

Verdict

Reaction score
It's a freaking sport. Let people be negative or positive about it. People have more of a reason to be negative. Dont like it? Ignore them. Dont have to cry about it lol

I have the right to be sick of listening to it and hoping that their hopes and dreams get crushed.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I have the right to be sick of listening to it and hoping that their hopes and dreams get crushed.
What are you talking about? Are you delusional? Why would fans want our team to lose? I understand the negativity part, but you cant actually believe that fans WANT to watch their own team lose? That defeats the whole purpose of even watching the games. If you actually believe that, you might be actually crazy.

jsb357

Reaction score
I hope we beat the Saints

As do I but what would that prove?

Beating the Saints on Thursday will mean nothing unless it helps Dallas get to the playoffs and
that in turn results in "wins" in the playoffs.

This is Dallas and like it or not the Cowboys are judged by how many playoff wins in a given year.

It's not fair, it's probably not right, but it is cold hard truth.

Verdict

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Are you delusional? Why would fans want our team to lose? I understand the negativity part, but you cant actually believe that fans WANT to watch their own team lose? That defeats the whole purpose of even watching the games. If you actually believe that, you might be actually crazy.

You must either be really new here or aren't up to date on the recent negativity. You may want to read up on this place. Lol