Signs of Kellen Moore within Dak's throwing game

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
"Next Gen Stats".

I mean, who really cares? People can come up with stats for practically anything.
I mean its a real stat just like our wrs have been in the bottom half of the league in separation yards for a while.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Its an answer, I will give you that. Its a blow off, laughable answer.

Dak has lead the NFL in passing yards and offense when the defense didnt lead the league in turnovers. So your little BS answer just got blown out of the water.
And what about the part where you claimed I said something about bad timing? Quote my post again and highlight the words bad timing for me.

So you saying an offense can't gain extra yardage from extra possessions? So you're saying an offense can't score more points from extra possessions? Oh and by the way....

DALLAS DID LEAD THE LEAGUE IN TAKEAWAYS WITH 34.

Now get off my lawn!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And what about the part where you claimed I said something about bad timing? Quote my post again and highlight the words bad timing for me.

So you saying an offense can't gain extra yardage from extra possessions? So you're saying an offense can't score more points from extra possessions? Oh and by the way....

Now get off my lawn!

LOL.................who has comprehension problems?

Dak has lead the NFL in passing OTHER YEARS when they DIDNT LEAGUE THE LEAGUE in turnovers. So your claim that it is the reason is therefore DESTROYED!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Now get off my lawn!

Here is you saying point blank that Dak has a timing issue:

But like I always tell people your offensive concept is going to have other offensive concepts weaved into it. The real difference is in how often you call certain plays. So, basically Dak has to get used to all of the new play calls, and the timing associated with those plays.

Anything else you want to me to blow out of the water? :clap::clap::clap:

Cmac

Reaction score
...Ppppffftt!...It doesn't matter IMO ...a QB doesn't need "arm strength" to throw a Timing Route!...
Problem with the timing of a weak arm.......it will take a longer time to get to intended recevier and not become a batted ball or pick 6.

Cmac

Reaction score
...Ppppffftt!...It doesn't matter IMO ...a QB doesn't need "arm strength" to throw a Timing Route!...
.....and what about slinging down the field on occassions......weak arm can't do that.

morat1959

Reaction score
That's exactly what he means. No one will notice something like this when its done in practice against friendly opponents who are only going half speed. It needs to be done in a real game, and in this case, Big Dog wants to see if Dak can do it on the big stage in January. History up to today suggests Dak can't even get it done on the smaller stages.
Nailed it! We’re all so accustomed to hearing the Jones boys spew the preseason hype every year that we’re sick of it. Do it on the big or small stage and then talk about it!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Here is you saying point blank that Dak has a timing issue:

But like I always tell people your offensive concept is going to have other offensive concepts weaved into it. The real difference is in how often you call certain plays. So, basically Dak has to get used to all of the new play calls, and the timing associated with those plays.

Anything else you want to me to blow out of the water? :clap::clap::clap:

Explain to me what the phrase...practice makes perfect means. Or like I said highlight the words bad timing. You can't highlight those two words, because I never used them. The word BAD does not appear anywhere in my post. You want to know why?

There are holes in a defense. The plays are design to stretch those holes. So Dak has to get used to the timing associated with those stretched holes being open. That's what I was talking about. So there was no reason for me to use the word BAD. Which is why I didn't. So you just put the word BAD in my post then come at me like I said something wrong. That falls on your reading and comprehension skills.

Practice makes perfect. Practice reading the words that appear in someone's post instead of injecting your own words, into someone's post.

morat1959

Reaction score
Somebody please post the videos of the great one in accuracy competitions. Let’s lay this to rest again.

morat1959

Reaction score
Wonderful news here man might throw a Dak Prescott party this weekend.
So it took 200 million cap $ and 6 seasons for Dak to learn how to lead his WR in stride to the ball.
Hmmmmmm Jeez, I mean gosh dang dog we got a bargain with this QB for sure for sure!!!:banghead:
P.S. What will he learn in the next 6 years and another 250 million $ ......how to throw the over-the-shoulder pass????:muttley:
Please post the videos of the great one’s accuracy competitions AGAIN! Let’s lay this to rest again. The Dak lovers hate it.

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm seeing it finally this training camp. Dak throwing the ball before the receiver makes his break and hitting them in stride. Finally!

For the longest time, it was painful watching Dak place the ball where you knew the receiver was going to get immediately hit or watching receiver have to reach or contort their bodies awkwardly to catch the ball.

Go watch Kellen's QB play at Boise State. You'll find countless times when the ball is launched and there is no receiver in sight on the camera until the last second the ball is placed perfectly.

Finally seeing Dak do some of that stuff and hoping it carries into the season!!
Shouldn't Prescott have been able to throw in this way 5 years ago? Sounds like more interceptions are incoming.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please post the videos of the great one’s accuracy competitions AGAIN! Let’s lay this to rest again. The Dak lovers hate it.
The end for Dak is near and this coming season should be the next to last nail in his Dallas Cowboys coffin.
Let them post all the garbage stats and videos they can muster in the end the man has not earned his paycheck!
Sorry but that's just the way the world works Dak Zombies.....
Next, please!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm seeing it finally this training camp. Dak throwing the ball before the receiver makes his break and hitting them in stride. Finally!

For the longest time, it was painful watching Dak place the ball where you knew the receiver was going to get immediately hit or watching receiver have to reach or contort their bodies awkwardly to catch the ball.

Go watch Kellen's QB play at Boise State. You'll find countless times when the ball is launched and there is no receiver in sight on the camera until the last second the ball is placed perfectly.

Finally seeing Dak do some of that stuff and hoping it carries into the season!!

Some of this is fair but some of it is not. Dak often throws the ball down and away so as to allow the receiver a chance to protect himself on in breaking routes. There are also middle routes that require more elevation to get over the dropping backers and if there is too much zip on the ball the receiver has to go up and get it. That's what they get paid to do. The fact of the matter is this version of Dak completes almost 70% of his passes and has been among the top 4 or 5 in the league in that regard. The complaints about the ball not being placed properly would seem to ring hollow given all that. Lastly, the reason Kellen Moore had to throw with that much anticipation is he has a noodle arm compared to Dak. Dak can put enough mustard on the ball that he can hold it that extra beat and still get it there. Moore could never do that. So he had to learn to anticipate. Nothing wrong with it but Dak does not have his limitations so Dak doesn't have to play the game the same way he did.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Explain to me what the phrase...practice makes perfect means. Or like I said highlight the words bad timing. You can't highlight those two words, because I never used them. The word BAD does not appear anywhere in my post. You want to know why?

There are holes in a defense. The plays are design to stretch those holes. So Dak has to get used to the timing associated with those stretched holes being open. That's what I was talking about. So there was no reason for me to use the word BAD. Which is why I didn't. So you just put the word BAD in my post then come at me like I said something wrong. That falls on your reading and comprehension skills.

Practice makes perfect. Practice reading the words that appear in someone's post instead of injecting your own words, into someone's post.

So were you trying say Dak needed practice in his timing because he was already good at it? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

You also responded to a guy that was saying he wasnt good at timing and you were agreeing with him.

Maybe we need to talk about WRITING comprehension?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Problem with the timing of a weak arm.......it will take a longer time to get to intended recevier and not become a batted ball or pick 6.
That's a fair point and probably the biggest reason Kellen couldn't make it as a QB in the NFL. But Dak has the brawn to make it happen and hopefully the IQ to put it all together.